Most underused/underappreciated character

Lady bonehead

There are a lot of them...

Garlan Tyrell and Dacey Mormont are my favorites. Garlan, even though appear only a few times, is one of my favorite characters at all. And Dacey is the most badass of the exclusively badass family, Mormonts.

I also think that Wex Pyke is so freaking cool that I really hope that he and Davos have a lot of adventuries together.

On April 26, 2016 at 10:48 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Stonesnake... The mother fucker is still listed as alive as of ADWD in the appendix.  The last time we saw this guy the badass had just evaded wildlings raiders by climbing up a cliff that was so steep a bunch of wildling raiders who regularly climb a thousand foot high wall of ice decided it was too tough and let the guy go.  If that is not a badass who could make it back to the wall than idk what is.  This was the archer with Jon and The Halfhand.

I thought squire dalbridge was the archer 

In-world, people should be listening to Old Nan much more - she's got the history, as well as folk knowledge. The jesters get overlooked a lot too.

In the forum, Septa Mordane gets least of the respect she deserves. Ok she's a very minor character, unkind to Arya and a snob besides, but she deserves a bit of credit. She was right to criticize the Stark fighters for looking shabby at the tourney - they were perceived as weak and later attacked. She was right to advise Sansa that unhandsome men can be good husbands. She was right to train Sansa in courtly behaviour and flattery. And she was right to secretly drink Sansa's wine when Joff was trying to get her drunk at the feast!

The Tyrells in general. I think we need to see more Loras, Mace and Margaery, at least. The show fixed the Margaery issue, but otoh made Loras a bimbo. I'd like their book versions more fleshed out. And I would like to see Highgarden.

I could see more of Kevan, but alas...

On 26 kwietnia 2016 at 5:44 AM, Jason Stark Wolfmen said:

I also think that Wex Pyke is so freaking cool that I really hope that he and Davos have a lot of adventuries together.

I agree. I actually look forward to read about him, Davos, Osha, Rickon, unicorns and Shaggydog. I effing love Shaggydog.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:38 PM, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Jory Cassell a true captain of the guards

Donal Noye gave Jon wisdom and forged the Bobby b's personal hammer 

Oberyn possibly had the most/achieved the most as far as brawn and brain. unlimited potential for this guy.

Adam Marbrand is Jamie's go to guy and seems intelligent in both war and everyday decisions (scout leader

Blackfish if he isn't overused no need to explain here a real bad A

Any Hightower there's gotta be some very intelligent Hightowers 

Edric Storm is still a little naive but very educated all the same

Myrcella (if she is somehow alive) is obviously very intuitive but with a somewhat sweet heart but still recognizes her place and sorroundings 

Barristan what you got left in the tank you tough s o b

Lady Merryweather is weird 

Lyn Corbray is wierd someone will be gettin his VS weapon (Sandor by way of Sansa)

Aurane waters i just don't see having a very long time "on top" 

Margeary is a smart girl 

Shitmouth

Not to run this answer to the ground but Willa's is interesting Garlan a close 2nd and then loras 

The tattered prince will probably get pentos and shake things up (sorry Illyrio)

MARWYN even though he may become a factor in Danys life

Bolded, there is/was some extreme potential here. nice list.

Theon Greyjoy seems smarter than an idotic youth who joined ISIS and regretted his stupid action but still had delusion about how great the matyrdom is... And we still have to forgive him because the age of 18-19 still considered teen and teens are probed to make silly decision, we should put ourselves into their or their family's shoes etc. Although his personality is kind of horrible and theOld Ways he loved were even worse than the extremist's ideaology, Theon still knew he was fucked the moment he met with his not so loving family members.

While Theon sure is a fool, his family members are no better than he is, not even that seemingly smart and far sighted Asha. Asha purposely ruined Theon by humiliating him because she was afraid of having her power (that didn't belong to her according to the Ironborn's law) stolen from her by Balon's right heir and probably urged Balon to make decision to invade the North instead of agreeing to Robb's proposal. Asha is overated as a smart character. Theon's current pitiful situation might not be what Asha originally desired and she definitely felt guilty about it, but Asha is one of the cause of Theon's downfall.

I wonder what would happen if Theon outright refused to aid the Ironborns to invade the North. I believe that Balon would ordered him drowned for refusing order, he might tried to kill his own son indirectly to avoid being a kinslayer. There were some instances especially when Aeron and Theon were together that Aeron was ordering Theon to kill the Northmen and Theon had to do so, being called the turncloaked by the excecuted Northmen, while fearing if his family will drown him for insubordination and a turncloaked by his fellow Ironborns.

In short, being Theon sucked and fuck the Ironborn.

On April 25, 2016 at 7:47 PM, INCBlackbird said:

yep, that's about the only way he's appreciated, at least that. but besides that, I barely see any threads about him on this forum for example, when there is a thread, like I said it's a theory or a thread that starts as a hate thread or turns into it, The last 

Theon thread that wasn't a theory, got a few posts and then dissappeared. And that one was recent. The one before this one had been from january 26 and that was a thread I started purely because I was sick of not having Theon related threads. Can you honestly think off a character with the amount of chapters Theon has that is talked about soo little on this forum?

when looking at the rest of the internet, there's a bunch of things that are generally accepted all over the internet: That Theon owed the Starks for not hurting him when he was their captive for example, The starks are pretty much always called his "adoptive family". Those are notions that are generally treated as facts. there's articles from people who write about why they hate him so much. And that's not even mentioning all the hate I see on pretty much a daily basis in The 4 years I've been in the Theon tag on tumblr.

There's also very little merchandise for the fans btw, there's more for the mountain for god's sake....

Yes, people think his chapters are great, but beyond that it doesn't seem to me like they're very interested in talking about him unless it's to talk about how terrible he is.

I started a thread about theon in a sub section but I don't think it gets a lot of traffic In the one j posted in :) I though his chapters in DoD were awesome 

Tommen Baratheon. He is a small boy but if he is separated by Cersei, he can become a good king.Why?

• He can unite Westerlands,Reach,Crownlands and even Stormlands (it is not proven that he is not a Baratheon).
  • He is kind and gentle.
  • Starks and Tullys will not hate him like Joffrey/Cersei/Twyin/Jaime/Tyrion (Sansa and Bran actually liked him)
  • He can learn from the best how to rule (Randyll Tarly,Mathis Rowan)
  • He was not involved in none of the atrocities of Robert's Rebellion and War of the 5 kings.

Wyman Manderly, " The north remembers, and the mummer's farce is almost done. My son is home "

Wylla Manderly " When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men!"

Archived