Arya and Gendry become Blood and Cheese

This is mostly just wishful thinking on my part because I really want Arya and Gendry to meet up again. Does anyone think these possibility likely?

Arya will come back to Westeros through the Saltpans were she will come across Gendry (or not far from there). And convince him he will not be safe as long as Cersei lives. So Arya like Cheese will have Gendry (Blood) use his knowledge of KL to get the the red keep. Then Arya will sneak in the way she saw Illyrio come in as well as Red Keep cats (hopefully Sir Pounce) to lead them to the queen dowager's room (just like Blood and Cheese). I could see them killing either Tommen and/or Cersei. And if it's Cersei, not exactly Blood and Cheese, I would think it's Arya who does it. But I would love the poetic justice of it all.

Any other thoughts for who could make a good Blood and Cheese candidate if history repeated itself?

Bloodraven is Blood and Cheese.

Arya and Gendry will not just meet again, they will bed and Arya will become pregnant. Read the passage about Black Betha and the White Hart during the Battle of Blackwater. And also Aquan the Red Bull and his sacrifices of white calves on the thirteenth.

19 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

Arya and Gendry will not just meet again, they will bed and Arya will become pregnant. Read the passage about Black Betha and the White Hart during the Battle of Blackwater. And also Aquan the Red Bull and his sacrifices of white calves on the thirteenth.

Hmmm... thanks a lot I will reread those to see what I can pick up

But sorry could you explain what you mean about Bloodraven? Are you saying he will warg into someone that will?

Bloodraven fits Blood and Cheese by way of name association with Blood for Blood. He is also the Rat Cook, and generally symbolised by rats. The Rat Cook story is a simple parallel about breaking guest's rights and holding a grudge, pure Bloodraven stuff, also it's white, the parallel is not yet finished with the children thing which is also a theme of Blood and Cheese, they murder children. Cheese was the rat catcher in KL, besides generally symbolising with rats there, it's more than probable I think Bloodraven was responsible for there being no rats in KL during the Spring Sickness when he was Hand. Likely he 'caught' them. As in he skinchanged them all away or skinchanged them and suicided them, to try and prevent the plague spreading.

On 5/21/2016 at 6:19 PM, AryaGonnaEatThatDeadFatGuy said:

Any other thoughts for who could make a good Blood and Cheese candidate if history repeated itself?

Mudd and Chains from the GC strike me as a possible Blood and Cheese parallel,  mostly due to the similarity of their names.  

Myrcella is a potential parallel to Jaehaera; and Connington, a parallel to Tywin, who was ruthless enough to murder children for gain.  Perhaps Connington has Mudd and Chains murder Myrcella?

Arya knows KL well enough on her own. Gendry knows absolutely nothing of the Red Keep's secret passages. Therefore he's not needed.

But, Gendry or no, I don't see a possibility for a Blood and Cheese parallel anyhow - and that would be a good thing, as Blood and Cheese is one of the most despicable and disgusting acts in the entire series.

While I definitely want Arya and Gendry to reunite, I don't see Blood & Cheese. While I can see Arya becoming that brutal (even though I hope not) I don't see Gendry ever being talked into something like this even by Arya.

Also I'm not seeing the Bloodraven thing.

27 minutes ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

Arya knows KL well enough on her own. Gendry knows absolutely nothing of the Red Keep's secret passages. Therefore he's not needed.

But, Gendry or no, I don't see a possibility for a Blood and Cheese parallel anyhow - and that would be a good thing, as Blood and Cheese is one of the most despicable and disgusting acts in the entire series.

I agree.  Arya being involved in some way in the murder of Cersei - who is on her death list - is plausible.  But being involved in a child's - Tommen's - death is another.  Arya has a *personal* vandetta against Cersei, so I also don't see why Gendry need be involved.

I personally don't see the OP's suggestion occurring as they laid it out.  However, I do believe we will see Blood and Cheese parallel(s), so it's worthy to bring up into discussion.

On May 22, 2016 at 10:52 PM, chrisdaw said:

Sorry, but nothing in ASOIAF suggests this. And it makes no sense anyway. Gendry the shy virgin isn't going to impregnate 12 y/o Arya. 

53 minutes ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

Exactly! 

5 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

Sorry, but nothing in ASOIAF suggests this. And it makes no sense anyway. Gendry the shy virgin isn't going to impregnate 12 y/o Arya.

Yes it does, Black Betha and the White Hart suggest exactly that. As does Aquan, which also suggests she will be 13.

17 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

Yes it does, Black Betha and the White Hart suggest exactly that. As does Aquan, which also suggests she will be 13.

There's still no foreshadowing in the actual books, that's what I'm saying. Do you have a quote as evidence? And besides that it's ooc. 

Edit: just read the passage and I'm not sure where you got the connection to Arya.

29 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

While I do think Arya will become pregnant (though not by Gendry), there is nothing in any of this that provides any support at all.

In case you were wondering, I think Arya's story is a mirror-image (in reverse) of Daenerys's.   Their stories have some remarkable similarities.  So I think she learns she is pregnant on her birthday (probably her 13th) but, unlike Dany, isn't happy about it.

As for Gendry, I think she will set her sights on him, but the class and age differences will be too great.  Arya doesn't care, but Gendry probably would.

9 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

Yes there is, and it's blatant.

Your definition of blatant is evidently very different from my definition of blatant.  Care to elaborate?  (I looked in the foreshadowing thread, but didn't find anything).

There's Black Betha, a ship named for Betha Blackwood.

Betha was known as Black Betha because of her dark eyes and hair. She was a spirited woman also considered stubborn or willful.

Betha Blackwood's children proved to be as stubborn as their mother, and like their father, chose to follow their hearts when choosing mates.

Blackwoods being the Old God adherents. Arya takes the alias Beth.

Black Betha and Lady Marya crash through Lady's Shame.

A boulder the size of an ox (Gendry the bull) crashes between Black Betha (Arya) and Wraith (Jon).

Black Betha blows by Sceptre and Faithful to hit the pleasure barge.

A Hart is a mature deer, a stag, five years or older. Gendry is a bastard Baratheon, a stag, and coincidentally (not really, utterly by design more like) five years older than Arya. Gendry is red and white, red for now, for being of R'hllor, a Hart is generally red and Aquan is the red bull. White in the future, he will be Kingsguard, like the White Bull and the legendary White Hart.

Black Betha and the White Hart come together, association with Arya's House of Black and White, but more importantly Arya and Gendry, cue the sexual and romantic imagery.

Their hulls scrape together. Black Betha's crew board White Hart.

"Captain ser, the Hart is ours."

A heart is captured.

For those few instants, Black Betha and White Hart were the calm eye in the midst of the storm.

Arya considers going back to the BWB (and she will), she'll be just like Wenda the White Fawn. A White Fawn for a White Hart.

On the thirteenth a pure white lamb is made a blood sacrifice to Aquan the Red Bull. At thirteen, come her moonblood, Arya will sacrifice her 'pureness' to the Red Bull.

The only real question here is, is Arya 'Arya' when she takes the White Hart, or is she no-one?

On 5/21/2016 at 4:19 PM, AryaGonnaEatThatDeadFatGuy said:

This is mostly just wishful thinking on my part because I really want Arya and Gendry to meet up again. Does anyone think these possibility likely?

Arya will come back to Westeros through the Saltpans were she will come across Gendry (or not far from there). And convince him he will not be safe as long as Cersei lives. So Arya like Cheese will have Gendry (Blood) use his knowledge of KL to get the the red keep. Then Arya will sneak in the way she saw Illyrio come in as well as Red Keep cats (hopefully Sir Pounce) to lead them to the queen dowager's room (just like Blood and Cheese). I could see them killing either Tommen and/or Cersei. And if it's Cersei, not exactly Blood and Cheese, I would think it's Arya who does it. But I would love the poetic justice of it all.

Why does history have to repeat itself? why can't characters just do their thing  and be cool that way? 

6 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

There's Black Betha, a ship named for Betha Blackwood.

Blackwoods being the Old God adherents. Arya takes the alias Beth.

Black Betha and Lady Marya crash through Lady's Shame.

A boulder the size of an ox (Gendry the bull) crashes between Black Betha (Arya) and Wraith (Jon).

Black Betha blows by Sceptre and Faithful to hit the pleasure barge.

A Hart is a mature deer, a stag, five years or older. Gendry is a bastard Baratheon, a stag, and coincidentally (not really, utterly by design more like) five years older than Arya. Gendry is red and white, red for now, for being of R'hllor, a Hart is generally red and Aquan is the red bull. White in the future, he will be Kingsguard, like the White Bull and the legendary White Hart.

Black Betha and the White Hart come together, association with Arya's House of Black and White, but more importantly Arya and Gendry, cue the sexual and romantic imagery.

Their hulls scrape together. Black Betha's crew board White Hart.

A heart is captured.

Arya considers going back to the BWB (and she will), she'll be just like Wenda the White Fawn. A White Fawn for a White Hart.

On the thirteenth a pure white lamb is made a blood sacrifice to Aquan the Red Bull. At thirteen, come her moonblood, Arya will sacrifice her 'pureness' to the Red Bull.

The only real question here is, is Arya 'Arya' when she takes the White Hart, or is she no-one?

Well, can't say  you did not have worked on this theory, it is a lot of association that we can't negate, i think the specifics of the ages are a little exagerating but as a whole that is a preety worked foreshadowing.

Why is Arya Black Betha but not Lady Marya? Why bold the 'Arya' in Marya if she's Black Betha? There's actually more of a connection with Lady Marya, textually.

Marya was mistress of a small keep on Cape Wrath, with servants who called her m'lady, and Davos could hunt red deer in his own woods.

Gendry called Arya "m'lady".

Anyway, this is crackpot. I honestly doubt the author was planning for Gendry to get Arya pregnant all the way back in 1999 amidst all the (much better supported) Jon/Arya hints.

Archived