Battle for the North

Relative army sizes of the Battle of Wintefell. (TV Show only) 

What are your thoughts on the battle and outcome. Please note that the figuers below for House Stark & House Bolton are correct from game of thrones sources with other houses are rough estimates. 

Forces: 

House Stark- 2000 stark levies/wildlings, 405 northerners (Hornwoods, Mazins, Mormonts), 1 Giant.

Total: 2405 & 1 Giant

House Bolton- 5000 bolton levies maybe current 4500 from previous battle with Stannis. House Umber possible 1000-1500 House Karstark 1000-1500. (Possibly Umber or Karstark, Stark supporters). 

Total: 6500-7500

Late comers:

House Arryn- 25-30k knights of the Vale, will rally to House Stark.

Northern Houses: 10k northmen (Houses Manderly, Glover, Dustin, Ryswell, Cerwyn, Reed) 

House Stark victors with total annilation of Bolton forces. House Arryn and norther houses as late comers. 

I have included the other northern houses because of a rumor that:

Spoiler

Jon becomes king of the north with several chacters making speaches proclaiming him king. This will make sense for the other northern houses to be in attendence.

What are your thoughts? 

21 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

and that sucks...just the fact LF and the vale win the battle for the North...ugh.

For some reason I belive the Vale army will rock up after the battl, I just know that someone will turn on Ramsey and turn the tide of the batte. Then the Vale comes swooping in.

21 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

I too find it a little peculiar that in this particular battle involving three Starks, the north would stay neutral. I don't buy it. Yes it could happen, but it would be very odd. 

Jon's a Snow, so really the battle involves two true Starks and Jon.....The Geek in me wouldn't let this go XD 

46 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

and that sucks...just the fact LF and the vale win the battle for the North...ugh.

I totally agree LF and VK come save the day and be the heroes...But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this is the Game of Thrones.

23 hours ago, youshallnotpass said:

Forces: 

House Stark- 2000 stark levies/wildlings, 405 northerners (Hornwoods, Mazins, Mormonts), 1 Giant.

Total: 2405 & Wun Giant

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

But seriously, though, It's gonna feel sort of anticlimactic if LF swoops all Tywin-like and wins the battle for the Starks, especially since, given this sunday's episode, I think that's exactly what's gonna happen in Meereen, with the Iron Fleet coming up and destroying the volantene fleet after Dany bashes any army the Masters might have approaching Meereen by land.

If this happens, though, the silver lining is we might get an interesting piece of conversation between LF an Jon, as I'm a firm believer that LF knows a tad more about R+L=J based on his conversation with Sansa in the crypts last season.

45 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Jon's a Snow, so really the battle involves two true Starks and Jon.....The Geek in me wouldn't let this go XD 

I totally agree LF and VK come save the day and be the heroes...But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this is the Game of Thrones.

Ehh Jon is not a bastard. So no, not really. Besides he was raised by Ned. He is culturally and morally a Stark. 

Just now, Sir Matthis Light said:

:huh:?

You quoting R+L? If so, we don't know if he married her.

Marriage in the middle ages did not require jumps through several hoops. Just a witness. At any rate, point still stands. The north won't sit by ( at least I don't think) with two of Ned's successors standing against Ramsey and another held captive. 

6 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Marriage in the middle ages did not require jumps through several hoops. Just a witness. At any rate, point still stands. The north won't sit by ( at least I don't think) with two of Ned's successors standing against Ramsey and another held captive. 

I don't see where your getting at lol ? You said Jon wasn't a bastard, but Jon Snow is a bastard( So far in the Story, T.V., and We don't know if R married L, but I'm sure we'll find out ^_^)

Hes been mention to be a bastard since season 1 lol. I could go on and on about the many scenes of someone calling him Snow, but I won't

And like I said above " So far in the Story,T.V, and We don't know if R married L, but I'm sure we'll find out "

Just now, Sir Matthis Light said:

I don't see where your getting at lol ? You said Jon wasn't a bastard, but Jon Snow is a bastard( So far in the Story, and We don't know if R married L, but I'm sure we'll find out ^_^)

Hes been mention to be a bastard since season 1 lol. I could go on and on about the many scenes of someone calling him Snow, but I won't

I think you are confusing yourself, and making too much of a surname. Everyone knows that Jon is of Ned's line. The point is that three of Ned's line are trying to take Winterfell back (well one is captive), and the North sitting by and not helping (especially given the loyalty to the Starks in the books) doesn't add up. But you're stuck on surnames..... 

I called Jon a Stark, because he is morally, culturally, and socially a Stark. Surname doesn't define who you are. Jon is and always will be a  Stark. He was raised by Starks and grew up with Starks. Politically speaking he might be a "Snow", but that really isn't my point anyway. 

2 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

I think you are confusing yourself, and making too much of a surname. Everyone knows that Jon is of Ned's line. The point is that three of Ned's line are trying to take Winterfell back (well one is captive), and the North sitting by and not helping (especially given the loyalty to the Starks in the books) doesn't add up. But you're stuck on surnames..... 

I called Jon a Stark, because he is morally, culturally, and socially a Stark. Surname doesn't define who you are. Jon is and always will be a  Stark. He was raised by Starks and grew up with Starks. Politically speaking he might be a "Snow", but that really isn't my point anyway. 

Ok...I'm done lol.

The Umbers at least would have lost most of their fighting men at the Red Wedding. There is no way they are going to be able to produce that many men when the other houses only have a few hundred.

What happened to the Karstarks isn't clear. Most likely the men themselves would have taken off after Robb cut their lords head off, but they would not have been able to go home because Moat Caolin was occupied by the Ironborn. Most likely they would have scattered in the riverlands becoming bandits or gone on their way as individuals. So the Karstarks probably only have a few hundred men as well.

The only force that should have any substance are the Boltons. It is hard to image that they would have 5000+ men sitting in Winterfell though.

Archived