3 hours ago, HallowedMarcus said:

Indeed he does kill them 

Hide contents

... Kevan and Grand Maester Pycelle.

Hope he kills the High Septon too; or Jamie has him killed.

Well, the showrunners made the point to show Kevan and Pycelle as Tommen's closest advisors and the ones between Cersei and her son. Taking how subtle (insert wink here) the showrunners have been with this kind of things, my bet is Varys will killed both of them in Ep. 10. 

20 hours ago, Lady Flandrensis said:

There's no fAegon in the show, so Varys is with Dany's cause. I agree he's going to KL to kill Kevan and implode the Lannisters.

I think it makes more sense for Qyburn to kill Pycelle and Kevan on Cersei's behalf than for Varys to go all that way to create more turmoil in KL when it's on the verge of being burned to the ground (perhaps literally) as it is. My money's on Varys' mission to form an alliance with the Ironborn or Dornish, but I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear about Dorne again given that nobody seems to care the Kingdom was captured in a coup by a dead prince's paramour and her bastard daughters, and said bastards assassinated the Princess of the Seven Kingdoms in cold blood.

18 hours ago, Ser Hyle said:

I think it makes more sense for Qyburn to kill Pycelle and Kevan on Cersei's behalf than for Varys to go all that way to create more turmoil in KL when it's on the verge of being burned to the ground (perhaps literally) as it is. My money's on Varys' mission to form an alliance with the Ironborn or Dornish, but I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear about Dorne again given that nobody seems to care the Kingdom was captured in a coup by a dead prince's paramour and her bastard daughters, and said bastards assassinated the Princess of the Seven Kingdoms in cold blood.

RIGHT? I think Jaime mentions it briefly at a small council meeting early in the season but considering it's kind of like HUGE news (particularly for them regarding Myrcella, like think about what happened after Joff's murder) they've been really chill about it. I guess they're just used to ignoring Dorne entirely. 

But also I hope Varys is up to something interesting. His scene early in the season where he found out (supposedly) who was funding the Sons of the Harpy was really awesome but otherwise he's been kind of a nothing for almost two seasons which makes me sad. Varys is one of the most interesting characters so I hope he's got some really good stuff up his sleeve. 

18 hours ago, Ser Hyle said:

I agree. They made a point that Qyburn now controls Vary's "birds", so Cersei will have Qyburn kill Pycelle and Kevan so she can regain control. I'd stay Vary's is going to Dorne to get support from them. This is the season of the strong women. Dany's army, yara's ships, dorne women's safe landing spot/army.

Dorne seems a logical starting point for Varys to build alliances in Westeros but I wouldn't be surprised by a pit stop in Volantis to get the Ironborn moving towards Meereen to help with the slavers. Things in KL are starting to move fast, it seems doubtful Varys could get there in time to kill Kevan & Pycelle, likely the deed will be done before he can even arrive

1 hour ago, Rumy Stark said:

RIGHT? I think Jaime mentions it briefly at a small council meeting early in the season but considering it's kind of like HUGE news (particularly for them regarding Myrcella, like think about what happened after Joff's murder) they've been really chill about it. I guess they're just used to ignoring Dorne entirely. 

But also I hope Varys is up to something interesting. His scene early in the season where he found out (supposedly) who was funding the Sons of the Harpy was really awesome but otherwise he's been kind of a nothing for almost two seasons which makes me sad. Varys is one of the most interesting characters so I hope he's got some really good stuff up his sleeve. 

My guess is that there were plans for more of the Dorne/Myrcella's poisoning plotline. Then they realized how the Dorne subplot was received after S5 aired and they decided to end it with that coup in S6E1 and then move on and pretend it didn't happen. I think we'll find out shortly when we discover what Varys' secret mission is.

On 6/15/2016 at 5:48 PM, Lady Flandrensis said:

There's no fAegon in the show, so Varys is with Dany's cause. I agree he's going to KL to kill Kevan and implode the Lannisters.

I can see Varys killing Kevan and Pycelle BEFORE the trial in order to push Cersei over the brink, or Qyburn killing them as a surprise reveal of either Cersei move or perhaps his allegiance to Dany.

However, if Cersei already burns KL, Tommen is dead  (or about to kill himself) and then Varys just shows up and kills Kevan and Pycelle, mine and I am assuming most of the viewers reaction will be like -  whatever!

In books, everything was sort of holding together,  Kevan wasn't going to allow Cersei to lose the trial unlike in the show, so Varys' move was genuine surprise. But here unless Varys makes move BEFORE the trial and all hell breaking loose in KL, it will lose its potency. But even if they do it before, it would be just one more move instead of big WTF moment it was in the books.

Unless Varys reveals something surprisingly new or Qyburn reveals he was playing Cersei for Dany, that would be just blah.

1 hour ago, Jedi Renee said:

I think if varys or anyone arranges Kevin and Pycelle to die Cersei might be happy as they are helping control tommen. With his anouncement not playing into her favor and all

Agreed. 

The thing to remember as well - this is The Game of Thrones, and the Iron Throne is the focal point of this entire show. 

Presumably, as we near the ending of this show, not only does the actual throne have to be vacant (RIP Tommen), but also, those currently around the king will need to be removed from the equation too. 

Ie. If Dany is the one that sits the Iron Throne, there's no point in having Kevan or Pycelle still in the picture. 

So the Varys angle makes a lot of sense here. 

12 hours ago, Ser Hyle said:

My guess is that there were plans for more of the Dorne/Myrcella's poisoning plotline. Then they realized how the Dorne subplot was received after S5 aired and they decided to end it with that coup in S6E1 and then move on and pretend it didn't happen. I think we'll find out shortly when we discover what Varys' secret mission is.

Strong is right. Remember when they killed all those Martells and Areo Hotah without breaking a sweat? I'll bet Oberyn is avenged now that they killed off the last of his family members.... OH WAIT... 

Given he turned cloak on Aerys, served King Robert seemingly faithfully and was responsible for the assassination attempt on her and recently tattled on Jorah to undermine her, he might have good reason to be avoiding her even if he's supporting her.

Archived