Wait...What? They're Remaking MacGyver?

The Anti-Targ

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

I watched the first episode for the sake of nostalgia. It was a waste of time. I couldn't suspend my disbelief any longer after MacGyver ran down an airplane as it was taking off.

Did he glue 100 ball point pen springs to the soles of his shoes to give him extra speed?

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:13 PM, Teng Ai Hui said:

I watched the first episode for the sake of nostalgia. It was a waste of time. I couldn't suspend my disbelief any longer after MacGyver ran down an airplane as it was taking off.

The best part was he got out of a van to run, um hello, drive closer first then get out and run.

So yeah, guilty as charged. I watched the whole thing. I will watch one more and I am sure that will be the end for me. Or, I will watch it as a guilty pleasure and laugh at each weeks parachute made out of a torn tarp and electrical wires in 30 seconds.

• 1 month later...

I watched the first episode.  Dreadful acting, ensemble cast (which doesn't take away from the dreadful acting), MacGyver is now just one of the gang instead of a lone wolf, and it was incredibly boring too.  They should have just spent the money digitising the original shows.

And noone should forget that Richard Dean Anderson was Dr Jeff Webber in General Hospital!  ;)

They probably would have been better off making 'MacGyver: the Retirement Years' than spewing out this remake. He could have been a grumpy old geezer who reluctantly solves the neighbourhood kids' problems with chewing gum and trash cans, and fixes their school science fair projects, and makes lewd remarks about their mothers.

I saw most of an episode a few weeks back.  It was okay at best.  The team had to go extract a tech guy who handled money for terrorists and stuff.  He gets shot.  Hijinx ensue like Mac having to perform emergency surgery for a collapsed lung while another team member translates instructions from a doctor on a golf course.

Archived