For FUN: What excluded moment from the books do you wish was included in the show?

Lady Noble

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 1:27 PM, Drogonthedread said:

I would be happy with them writing some good lines for dany ..

More inner thoughts and doubts of daenerys and her view about how queenships is duty and not right ..

Quotes like " a queen does not belong to herself but for her people " .." Why do god produce kings and queens if not to protect those who can't protect themselves " ..." A Queen should put her people first" .." A queen should listen to all counsel" ..." I know what Argon proved ,I  intend to prove something myself "

out ofall these dany  quotes not even one of them was used.  

Tyrion giving a speech about dany to YG ...it showed the hardships and struggles dany has encountered and overcome..instead of this we got skeptic tyrion questioning jorah and about her being mad king daughter and all jorah could do in reply was say he watched she came out of fire ..

Instead of writing her as daenerys and rhaegar's sister ...show has been doing her as viserys come again and as mad king's daughter since season 2 ..

Since Season 4, Daenerys' nature can be summed up as "the sneer of cold command."  A ruthless, selfish, autocrat, for whom other people exist only to serve her.  Now, perhaps that is how the producers of the Show and Emilia Clarke interpret her as being, in the books, but I think that she's a very different character in the books.

AGoT/s01 - Tyrion pulling the all-nighter in the Winterfell library, instead of waking up in the kennel/stable.        Sandor telling his own tale.

ACoK/s02 - The Reeds' Entrance. Both the Aerys Vision and the Rhaegar Vision in THotU. And more SanSan.

ASoS/s03/04 - Meera telling TKotLT story. Arya wolfdreams. Kevan and Lancell at Joff's wedding. Tyrion and Sansa at Joff's wedding, with Sansa excelling at schmoozing.  Jaime's Tysha reveal.

5 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

AGoT/s01 - Tyrion pulling the all-nighter in the Winterfell library, instead of waking up in the kennel/stable.        Sandor telling his own tale.

ACoK/s02 - The Reeds' Entrance. Both the Aerys Vision and the Rhaegar Vision in THotU. And more SanSan.

ASoS/s03/04 - Meera telling TKotLT story. Arya wolfdreams. Kevan and Lancell at Joff's wedding. Tyrion and Sansa at Joff's wedding, with Sansa excelling at schmoozing.  Jaime's Tysha reveal.

agree with the bolded

2 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I feel your pain. I would like to see Sansa's arc depicted differently. I just try to see the reasons behind this change.

If they had managed to do it without it feeling utterly contrived, illogical, against what the vast majority of humans would consider possible feelings, etc, it may have worked better.  Maybe have Sansa kidnapped while trying to raise the North (it's even possible for Littlefinger to sell her our), and then have her behave more logically this season.  

But when you start the storyline with "avenge your family by marrying their murderers," you fail miserably.

5 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

But when you start the storyline with "avenge your family by marrying their murderers," you fail miserably.

Yeah.

GRRM didn't write much for Sansa in Feast or Dance. When D&D said they were going off-book for Sansa in season 5, I hoped for the best. There was solid tension between Sansa and LF.  A plotline featuring Sansa attempting to assemble a coalition aimed at taking down the Boltons, possibly requiring her to marry a man she didn't like, coupled with LF seeking his own goals (including  taking Sansa) could have been wonderful drama.

Instead, we got Sansa going to Winterfell to get raped.

40 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Yeah.

GRRM didn't write much for Sansa in Feast or Dance. When D&D said they were going off-book for Sansa in season 5, I hoped for the best. There was solid tension between Sansa and LF.  A plotline featuring Sansa attempting to assemble a coalition aimed at taking down the Boltons, possibly requiring her to marry a man she didn't like, coupled with LF seeking his own goals (including  taking Sansa) could have been wonderful drama.

Instead, we got Sansa going to Winterfell to get raped.

How about this for a plotline, we bring Rickon back a season early and Sansa uses tools taught to her by LF to make SR "hers" so she gets him to move the Vale North to save Rickon at the end of S5

1 minute ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

How about this for a plotline, we bring Rickon back a season early and Sansa uses tools taught to her by LF to make SR "hers" so she gets him to move the Vale North to save Rickon at the end of S5

yeah that's cool. At least Rickon's death -if so-wouldn't have seemed so predictable and pointless. Did they even care?

Even if they legitimately thought raping Sansa was the best storyline, at least go with something like her working on forming a Northern coalition and then have her captured by the Boltons (Littlefinger could even possibly betray her if you can come up with a convincing reason he would give up the key to the North and a potential Riverlands pawn, which I can't).  

If you do that, don't ever frame it as making her stronger (another mess up there), or as needing to have happened to become a player.  Then a simple tweak about Jon and Sansa disagreeing about whether to wait for iffy Vale forces or press on with what they know they have and suddenly a lot of the specific illogic to Sansa (and only Sansa) goes away, especially with changes to dialogue this season in line with making her an actual political agent. 

ETA: To be clear here, that still leaves adaptational issues.  But it would be closer to working as its own storyline.

Meera telling Bran about the Knight of the Laughing Tree.

Jon telling Tormund that if his people want to cross the Wall, they are going to have to give up hostages and their valuables.  Ain't no free lunch in George's version.  It's almost as if the producers wanted the Starks to be stupid.

Archived