Little Things You Want in Season 7

dsug

7 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Doubt it.  

If they are saving this meeting for season 8 - it's for a plot purpose. Not just sentimental like with Sansa. I think Jon will be forced to make a choice in season 8 and Dany will have her betrayal for love. Using Arya in this way will further her own storyline (some action on her part could cause the division) and force Jon to choose. Arya is the only person who can serve this role. Dany's emotional stability will be a hot mess creating the necessary chaos D&D love.

I agree with you. I didn't read the books so I can't constantly invoke the cliche "it's foreshadowed" in order to explain a gut reaction or a prediction I might have about the story. So much of the book is NOT in the show (cough Lady Stoneheart) and it's clear D & D want to tell a different story from GRRM although it will have the same outcome.

The prophecy of Dany's three betrayals was in the show--so clearly they are going to play with that. And yes, I do think her final betrayal will be Jon, who will betray her for love--and that will be his Stark family, who may not be too thrilled with Dany (and perhaps the feeling is vice versa). There are hints in the show of Dany possibly going mad in the future just like her father. Would she want to use one of her dragons on Arya?  If that happens, Jon will kill her. 

40 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Dany? I don't know, could be, although I thought it was the contrary, but I could be wrong, she is not one of my favoruites and have not reread the books, so I possbily didn't pay enough attention.

However,IIRC there is nothing about Jon having one......or about him having one with Dany

Dany's last two chapters in AGOT and her last two chapters in ADWD are "sister" chapters, they share a lot of similarities in symbolism and imagery.  In AGOT she had a stillbirth and in ADWD she has a miscarriage.  Being the child if three she will get pregnant again but this time bear a living child. 

In ASOS when Stannis offers Jon Winterfell he thinks about how much he would love to be a father. He never considered the possibility until that moment because he didn't want to father a bastard. But he clearly yearns to have a child of his own. 

And of course there is the foreshadowing for D+J to get together. It's not hard to deduce he'll be the father of her child.  

15 minutes ago, HanginginWesteros said:

I agree with you. I didn't read the books so I can't constantly invoke the cliche "it's foreshadowed" in order to explain a gut reaction or a prediction I might have about the story. So much of the book is NOT in the show (cough Lady Stoneheart) and it's clear D & D want to tell a different story from GRRM although it will have the same outcome.

The prophecy of Dany's three betrayals was in the show--so clearly they are going to play with that. And yes, I do think her final betrayal will be Jon, who will betray her for love--and that will be his Stark family, who may not be too thrilled with Dany (and perhaps the feeling is vice versa). There are hints in the show of Dany possibly going mad in the future just like her father. Would she want to use one of her dragons on Arya?  If that happens, Jon will kill her. 

Could you please indicate in which episode this prophecy appeared? Because I cannot remember what season/episode it appeared in. I don't recall it being mentioned at all.  

7 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

Dany's last two chapters in AGOT and her last two chapters in ADWD are "sister" chapters, they share a lot of similarities in symbolism and imagery.  In AGOT she had a stillbirth and in ADWD she has a miscarriage.  Being the child if three she will get pregnant again but this time bear a living child. 

That's interesting speculation.But that doesn't mean we'll have another sister chapter in which this will happen.

In ASOS when Stannis offers Jon Winterfell he thinks about how much he would love to be a father. He never considered the possibility until that moment because he didn't want to father a bastard. But he clearly yearns to have a child of his own. 

And of course there is the foreshadowing for D+J to get together. It's not hard to deduce he'll be the father of her child.  

I don't think this foreshadows he will have a baby with Dany. This means he would have liked not to be a bastard, but he decides it's better say no. About childen, yes, maybe he will have one, but I don't think it foreshadows anything or, related to an specific spouse.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

That's interesting speculation.But that doesn't mean we'll have another sister chapter in which this will happen.

I don't think this foreshadows he will have a baby with Dany. This means he would have liked not to be a bastard, but he decides it's better say no. About childen, yes, maybe he will have one, but I don't think it foreshadows anything or, related to an specific spouse.

I would say that being the Child of Three gives us a good idea that she will get pregnant again   Of course this is all accentuated by the image of motherhood that has sorrounded Dany through the series   

Regarding Jon's yearning for a don and his eventual lamentation of it when he rejects Winterfell is mirror in Dany's pen lamentation at believing she will never have a child of her own. 

Its clear these two characters are going to be together. Making the connection that Jon will be the fatber of Dany's baby is not a huge leap in logic.  Also, given that there is only two seasons left, there is not a lot of time for anybody else. 

19 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

I would say that being the Child of Three gives us a good idea that she will get pregnant again   Of course this is all accentuated by the image of motherhood that has sorrounded Dany through the series   

Regarding Jon's yearning for a don and his eventual lamentation of it when he rejects Winterfell is mirror in Dany's pen lamentation at believing she will never have a child of her own. 

Its clear these two characters are going to be together. Making the connection that Jon will be the fatber of Dany's baby is not a huge leap in logic.  Also, given that there is only two seasons left, there is not a lot of time for anybody else. 

But where does "The Child of Three" appear? You mean the dragon has three heads? Or that she had two siblings? I'm confused

PS: I just searched for it in the asearchoficeandfire and I've found this:

Child of three, they had called her, daughter of death, slayer of lies, bride of fire. So many threes. Three fires, three mounts to ride, three treasons. "The dragon has three heads," she sighed. "Do you know what that means, Jorah?"

Ok, maybe this means the third time she will have a child? I think it is more related to the dragon has three heads, but I could buy the theory she'll get pregnant.

Nevertheless, it's extremely ambiguous and this could mean many other things.

And also, there is nothing that suggests the father will be Jon provided it meant she will have a child.

I don't know why people still use the numerous book prophecies and try to retro fit them for the show when they're:

1) Cut

2) Changed 

3) Forgotten about

If these later seasons have proven anything, its that they'll do what they want to reach their goal posts whether it was from grrm or more likely themselves. E.g Jon coming back but not suffering any adverse effects and everyone keeping absurdly quiet on it despite various things like the nights watch, traditionalist lords not caring, inconsistent mel and davos etc.

For what's it worth, Dany and Jon producing child together is quite a popular (and, IMHO, logical) theory. Lucifer Means Lightbringer's essay is the last one I've read where the author touches the subject (it's not the main point of the essay, though).

On topic?

- Jon has to mention Maester Aemon to Dany *please* *please* *please*

- I hope Dolorous Edd is standing right there once the Wall starts cracking (I'm evil, I know)

- I hope Gendry kicks some ass

- I wish Bran shows some emotions regarding Summer and Hodor

- I hope Tormund likes Alys as much as he liked Brienne - I've heard that "kissed by fire" is a chic look amongst the Free Folk ;) and if Brienne is dumb enough to prefer Jaime to a strapping boy like Tormund, well,...

30 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

But where does "The Child of Three" appear? You mean the dragon has three heads? Or that she had two siblings? I'm confused

PS: I just searched for it in the asearchoficeandfire and I've found this:

Ok, maybe this means the third time she will have a child? I think it is more related to the dragon has three heads, but I could buy the theory she'll get pregnant.

Nevertheless, it's extremely ambiguous and this could mean many other things.

And also, there is nothing that suggests the father will be Jon provided it meant she will have a child.

It's a  logic conclusion of this, them as characters and how in fact they lamenting over childs they'll never have...it binds them otgether. People can hate all they want but chances are high. Same as them getting together and be each other's endgame.

If Jon is the last one in bride of fire part, it¨s in all likelyhood hell be the father and in fact he's been touched by magic supports it even more. Maybe this is what is required for her to get pregnant.

31 minutes ago, lojzelote said:

For what's it worth, Dany and Jon producing child together is quite a popular (and, IMHO, logical) theory. Lucifer Means Lightbringer's essay is the last one I've read where the author touches the subject (it's not the main point of the essay, though).

On topic?

- Jon has to mention Maester Aemon to Dany *please* *please* *please*

- I hope Dolorous Edd is standing right there once the Wall starts cracking (I'm evil, I know)

- I hope Gendry kicks some ass

- I wish Bran shows some emotions regarding Summer and Hodor

- I hope Tormund likes Alys as much as he liked Brienne - I've heard that "kissed by fire" is a chic look amongst the Free Folk ;) and if Brienne is dumb enough to prefer Jaime to a strapping boy like Tormund, well,...

Yes to the boldes. And leave Edd alone. :P

9 minutes ago, dsug said:

Bride of Fire should be the name of an episode.

I second this! Real hard. 

39 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

It's a  logic conclusion of this, them as characters and how in fact they lamenting over childs they'll never have...it binds them otgether. People can hate all they want but chances are high. Same as them getting together and be each other's endgame.

If Jon is the last one in bride of fire part, it¨s in all likelyhood hell be the father and in fact he's been touched by magic supports it even more. Maybe this is what is required for her to get pregnant.

Well, Jon is not the most "magical" character in the story to fulfill the pregnancy requirements. Bran has more powers, for instance. Melisandre as well.

Having been dead doesn't make him "magical".

37 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

Yes to the boldes. And leave Edd alone. :P

I second this! Real hard. 

Heeeeey, he's gonna be there anyway, so at least let me bask in his gloriously dolorous reaction!

Edd has always known that this day was coming anyway. That's just like his luck, to have the Wall fall down on his watch!

28 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Well, Jon is not the most "magical" character in the story to fulfill the pregnancy requirements. Bran has more powers, for instance. Melisandre as well.

Having been dead doesn't make him "magical".

But Mel or Bran ain't gonna have a storyline with her or even an intimate relationship. He was touched by a magic, in the books George will hopefully elaborate more on this because shows version was lazy.

54 minutes ago, dsug said:

Bride of Fire should be the name of an episode.

Ice and Fire or A Song of Ice and Fire for finale battle, since it doesn't really represent Jon and Dany, more dragons and white walkers. I thought about for Jon and Dany meeting liek a title of the episode but better for the war of dawn.

4 hours ago, MoIaF said:

Could you please indicate in which episode this prophecy appeared? Because I cannot remember what season/episode it appeared in. I don't recall it being mentioned at all.  

You're talking about the book--I'm talking about the show! Two different species. 

2 hours ago, lojzelote said:

Heeeeey, he's gonna be there anyway, so at least let me bask in his gloriously dolorous reaction!

Edd has always known that this day was coming anyway. That's just like his luck, to have the Wall fall down on his watch!

True.  We must get our pleasures where we can find them. ;) 

23 minutes ago, HanginginWesteros said:

You're talking about the book--I'm talking about the show! Two different species. 

You said:

The prophecy of Dany's three betrayals was in the show--so clearly they are going to play with that.

And I asked you in which episode they appeared in because I don't recall the prophevy appearing in the show.

So, could you please tell me which episode it appears in?

12 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

True.  We must get our pleasures where we can find them. ;) 

You said:

And I asked you in which episode they appeared in because I don't recall the prophevy appearing in the show.

So, could you please tell me which episode it appears in?

Perty sure they never mentiond bertrayals. But at least one of them is like in the books Mirri Maz Duur. Some people count Jorah as the other. It wasn't for gold but for a pardon from Robert Baratheon.

1 minute ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Perty sure they never mentiond bertrayals. But at least one of them is like in the books Mirri Maz Duur. Some people count Jorah as the other. It wasn't for gold but for a pardon from Robert Baratheon.

I'm pretty sure they never appeared either but you never know. 

I do count Jorah as a betrayer, just because his betrayal had such a large impact on Dany.  

Archived