What was Tyrion going to do in the 5-year gap?

shortguy457

So we can all pretty decipher what the other characters were going to do in the previously planned five year gap. A time skip in a story is jumping forward in time when nothing happens. This stays true for most characters and sets the time skip pretty nicely at the end of ASOS Jon and Daenerys would rule, Bran and Arya would be training, Sansa would be in the vale. But what about Tyrion? What did George have planned for him that he would do nothing for five years? Nothing in ADWD suggests anything. The only thing i can think of is that he was either going to be an advisor for Dany, or be captured by slavers.

I think that he would spent some time in Illyrio's mance, hiding from Cersei. enjoying his hospitality and discovering the identity of the Young Griff. Then at the beginning of the book, he would embark along with the Griffs on a journey to finally seek Daenerys but then he would be captured and sold.

On 2/13/2017 at 1:43 AM, shortguy457 said:

So we can all pretty decipher what the other characters were going to do in the previously planned five year gap. A time skip in a story is jumping forward in time when nothing happens. This stays true for most characters and sets the time skip pretty nicely at the end of ASOS Jon and Daenerys would rule, Bran and Arya would be training, Sansa would be in the vale. But what about Tyrion? What did George have planned for him that he would do nothing for five years? Nothing in ADWD suggests anything. The only thing i can think of is that he was either going to be an advisor for Dany, or be captured by slavers.

Drinking and whoring mostly 

If George has not dramatically changed the story after he scrapped the gap I honestly have no clue what he could have done. Illyrio would have sent men to Dany immediately, not just a five years later, so Tyrion should have long been in Meereen and Aegon actually on the Iron Throne by the time the story continued.

Archived