LGBTQ+ 5 -- Now With More Gender Outlaws

Xray the Enforcer

2 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

A Scaramucci is a unit of time, roughly 11 Earth days.

I don't know the word for Surface area / day.  I'm thinking that it's a useful unit to measure the amount of pizza eaten by a teenager.

Edit:  Unless Rhode Island is a unit of frustration, in that case I think it's still a good unit for dealing with teenagers.

Nah, units of frustration are measured in Connecticuts. Because holy fuck, is that one tedious goddamn state to drive through when all you want to do is get to Rhode Island to hang with @Balefont or to Boston to drink with @good chill praxis guy 

Rhode Islands are a unit of area, typically used to describe the size of icebergs that break off of Antarctica due to climate change.

1 hour ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Rhode Islands are a unit of area, typically used to describe the size of icebergs that break off of Antartica due to climate change.

The British equivalent unit is a Wales, while in metric it's a Belgium.

10 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

This is the perfect thread to say such things! How are your feelings about this change, in general? 

oh i love it. i'm starting to feel like after years of basically nothing i'd quite like to get into dating soon and i'd really like to date other queer people 

8 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Nah, units of frustration are measured in Connecticuts. Because holy fuck, is that one tedious goddamn state to drive through when all you want to do is get to Rhode Island to hang with @Balefont or to Boston to drink with @good chill praxis guy 

Rhode Islands are a unit of area, typically used to describe the size of icebergs that break off of Antartica due to climate change.

qft

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

oh i love it. i'm starting to feel like after years of basically nothing i'd quite like to get into dating soon and i'd really like to date other queer people 

"...other queer people who like Blade Runner"

I hope you're not relaxing your standards...

One thing that's been bumming me out a lot lately: I don't think I can ever tell my immediate family about my gender identity. They are just not going to be even remotely supportive, even though both my mom and brother would swear up and down that they're totally OK with LGBTQ+ people. In reality, they're OK with cisgender gays and lesbians in long term monogamous relationships (so, basically people who look and act like they do, but gay), and everything else is weird or done as an attention-seeking exercise. It sucks. 

On 9/30/2017 at 1:44 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

I propose we call that a Morty.

On 9/30/2017 at 3:22 PM, Maltaran said:

The British equivalent unit is a Wales, while in metric it's a Belgium.

We need a unit of mass to make alternative units of energy.  Looking for ideas here. I propose that frustration be given units of power as in "energy suck" units.  We'll still need a unit of mass to convert Connecticuts into base units of mass * Rhode Islands / (Scarmuccis cubed) or mass* Mortys/(Scarmuccis squared)

Edit:  I suppose we could start with the Connecticut and divide out the Rhode Islands, but I still feel we need a proper mass unit.  It's too early for this.  Vote we table until my coffee kicks in.  Also, what's the square root of Rhode Island?  Delaware?  The turnpike?

3 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

One thing that's been bumming me out a lot lately: I don't think I can ever tell my immediate family about my gender identity. They are just not going to be even remotely supportive, even though both my mom and brother would swear up and down that they're totally OK with LGBTQ+ people. In reality, they're OK with cisgender gays and lesbians in long term monogamous relationships (so, basically people who look and act like they do, but gay), and everything else is weird or done as an attention-seeking exercise. It sucks. 

X-ray, I know how you feel.   My mum is STILL not very accepting and it sucks.  The upside is that I have lots of other support and I have plenty of other things I can argue with my mother about.   It has gotten easier to accept her non-acceptance.  :(  Love you.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:11 PM, TerraPrime said:

I first misread "real" as "anal" and thought to myself "Damn, this girl has standards!" 

Which, I am sure you still do, but maybe not in that sense.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:57 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

:lol: pffft Theda is a Millennial and we know that they're all about eating ass.

HAHAHAAHA.  STILL PROBABLY RELEVANT 

"No Blade Runner No _____" 

Deal?

Anal?

Long romantic walks on the beach??

On 10/10/2017 at 6:36 AM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Ugh. That sucks. 

*hugs*

Maybe there's a chance that they will turn out to be educate-able? In some cases it really does take having a loved one coming out to them to force them to re-examine their preconceptions and value judgments. It sucks to be that loved one who'd have to sustain the emotional lashings, but in some cases, progress can be made. 

*hugs*

In 1976, when I informed my father and sister, they gave the appearance of being supportive.  I suspected it was because they simply didn't know what else to do.  Outwardly, all was fine, but I could sense they weren't happy about it.  Several years later, my sister called me to let me know our father had died. During that conversation, she expressed "concern" for how awkward it would be if I attended the funeral, and suggested I stay away.  A couple of months later, I learned that she had outed me to those who inquired why I hadn't intended. I also learned that my sister was my father's sole heir, despite the fact that he had discussed with me how is estate would be distributed, less than a year prior to his death.  Obviously, their level of acceptance was very low.

In 1984 my circle of friends was a bit over a dozen.  We all had similar interests, and had known each other for several years..  A lesbian couple was prominent within that circle.  We were pretty close and socialized a good deal.  I made the mistake of trusting them, and informing them of my past.  They swore they'd never tell a soul. Later, we had a bit of a falling out.  Their response was to out me to a good portion of my friends.  I found out on a Wednesday night.  I was meeting two of my closest friends that Friday.  Knowing they would find out anyway, I chose to have them hear it from me.  That was the only time thins went well.  While one of them drifted away several years later for unrelated reasons, the other and I have been together since 1985 and married in 2015.

In 2013, I made my revelation on this board in a thread similar to this one.  That result was positive, without a doubt.  But I always have that worry that at some point, what I've revealed online, might just bite my ass in the real world.  No one I'm likely to come into contact with, locally has been told, including my doctor.  In the past, I've dealt with people knowing, by moving, with no forwarding address.  Being retired, and living on a fixed income, makes that approach difficult, now.  So, I worry.  Anyway, that's the reason I'm not on great terms with the word, "out."  If it works for others, I'm happy for them.  It just isn't for me.

Archived