How would these fathers react to Tysha?

Canon Claude

On 4/6/2017 at 6:10 PM, Canon Claude said:

Given that Tywin is possibly the second worst father-in-law in all of Westeros (after Walter Frey), how would other heads of Great Houses react if their 13-year-old second sons secretly married a pretty crofter's daughter named Tysha after helping to save her from bandits?

-Ned Stark

-Doran Martell

-Mace Tyrell

-Robert Baratheon (yes I know Tommen isn't his son but just assume)

-Balon Greyjoy

Ned Stark would have no problem with it

Doran Martell would welcome her into house Martell

Mace Tyrell-would not care who his kids chose to marry

Robert Baratheon-He would have a party in Toomen-Tysha honor

Balon Greyjoy-he would assume that she was a saltwife.

Stannis(Hypothetically, If Stannis(he is Tywin's good counterpart) was Tyrion' father  when Tyrion married Tysha).-at worst Stannis, would send her off(have Davos(a man Stannis can trust) to take her to  the              motherhouse in Oldtown) to become a septa(he never who have done what Tywin has his men do to Tysha).

On 2017-04-07 at 1:10 AM, Canon Claude said:

Given that Tywin is possibly the second worst father-in-law in all of Westeros (after Walter Frey), how would other heads of Great Houses react if their 13-year-old second sons secretly married a pretty crofter's daughter named Tysha after helping to save her from bandits?

-Ned Stark

-Doran Martell

-Mace Tyrell

-Robert Baratheon (yes I know Tommen isn't his son but just assume)

-Balon Greyjoy

Ned Stark would be cool about it so long as their son wasn't being married to someone else and even if he was married to someone else he wouldnt lose his mind over it.

Doran Martell would react the same as Ned

Mace Tyrell we dont know enough about him to predict how he would react. Probably wouldnt do much.

Balon would think it was gay but i dont know how he would react.

9 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Speaking of vassal lords, what would someone like Randyll Tarly have done?

Probably depends on the son. If Sam, give him the choice of the Wall or being hunted like a pig and exile the girl, if Dickon, smack him in the head and send the girl to the Silent Sisters.

One high lord we should also consider is Hoster Tully. In my opinion he is the only one besides Tywin who would react very viciously to the situation. While everyone else besides Tywin, be they Ned, Mace, Robert, Jon Arryn or Doran would pay them off, I'm betting Hoster might force the girl to become a septa at sword point and force her to drink tansy tea if she's pregnant. Oh and I think Balon would probably be ok if say Theon agrees to make the his salt wife, otherwise he would sacrifice her to the Drowned God.

6 hours ago, Kaibaman said:

I'm betting Hoster might force the girl to become a septa at sword point and force her to drink tansy tea if she's pregnant

Sure, because that what he did to Petyr Baelish as well right? He forced him to join the NW when he impregnated his daughter Lysa. yes, Hoster forced an abortion using moon tea, but he didn't take any further actions on Petyr, who was sent back to the Fingers after having been defeated by Brandon in a duel.
Hoster should've taken action right then and there and ask Jon Arryn to take appropriate action. Nothing like that happened. He didn't allow for them to be wed (which was Lysa's wish) because Petyr was too low born, but that's it. Why would he take other actions if Edmure was the one knocking up a farmers daughter?

5 hours ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Sure, because that what he did to Petyr Baelish as well right? He forced him to join the NW when he impregnated his daughter Lysa. yes, Hoster forced an abortion using moon tea, but he didn't take any further actions on Petyr, who was sent back to the Fingers after having been defeated by Brandon in a duel.
Hoster should've taken action right then and there and ask Jon Arryn to take appropriate action. Nothing like that happened. He didn't allow for them to be wed (which was Lysa's wish) because Petyr was too low born, but that's it. Why would he take other actions if Edmure was the one knocking up a farmers daughter?

Baelish didn't marry his daughter. That's the difference. If he Lysa had gotten hitched in addition to him knocking her up, I'm pretty certain Hoster would have taken more drastic measures. 

Archived