Lannisters and Night's Watch

As descendants of First men Lannisters fought against Others. It is odd that there is no member of Night's Watch from house of Lannister, even among the deserters. 

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Category:Deserters_of_the_Night's_Watch

All Lannisters dislike the Wall. Tyrion doesn't believe existence of Others. Tywin doesn't help watchers during Conflict beyond the Wall. If there was Lord Commander from Lannisters in the history of NW Tywin will proudly talk about him. 

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

the war of the dawn was 8000 years ago. I am sure in that time at least one lannister joined the watch 

I wonder if Jaime will end up at the Wall after his encounter with Lady Stoneheart.  I am the Sword, the Shield and the Horn...

A Storm of Swords - Jaime VIII

The table itself was old weirwood, pale as bone, carved in the shape of a huge shield supported by three white stallions. By tradition the Lord Commander sat at the top of the shield, and the brothers three to a side, on the rare occasions when all seven were assembled. The book that rested by his elbow was massive; two feet tall and a foot and a half wide, a thousand pages thick, fine white vellum bound between covers of bleached white leather with gold hinges and fastenings. The Book of the Brothers was its formal name, but more often it was simply called the White Book.

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

I wonder if Jaime will end up at the Wall after his encounter with Lady Stoneheart.  I am the Sword, the Shield and the Horn...

anything is possible, but he just re-discovered his sense of honor and duty to the white cloaks so at this time I will have to say no 

14 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

anything is possible, but he just re-discovered his sense of honor and duty to the white cloaks so at this time I will have to say no 

Well, I'm always packing tinfoil and not all of it is for cooking.  He might not have a choice in the matter.  He's still bound by his oath to Catelyn and there are false rumors of Arya at the Wall.  So his honor and duty is as much at stake as ever.  His loyalty to Cersei on the wane.  Brienne will have much to say about his oath and what it means to be a true knight.

1 minute ago, LynnS said:

Well, I'm always packing tinfoil and not all of it is for cooking.  He might not have a choice in the matter.  He's still bound by his oath to Catelyn and there are false rumors of Arya at the Wall.  So his honor and duty is as much at stake as ever.  His loyalty to Cersei on the wane.  Brienne will have much to say about his oath and what it means to be a true knight.

We need the next book!

1 hour ago, Adam Targaryen said:

The Lannisters aren't First Men, nor did they even exist during the Long Night. House Lannister is younger than that.

They are First Men. They claim descent from Lann the Clever.

7 hours ago, Foot_Of_The_King said:

Lannisters are straight Andals

Really, it's not as simple as that.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Lannister

Through the female line they boast of descent from Lann the Clever, the legendary trickster of the Age of Heroes who tricked the members of House Casterly into giving him Casterly Rock[4] during the era of the First Men.[5]

First Men Kings

The Lannisters suddenly appear as First Men in historical records of the Age of Heroes, ruling large portions of the westerlands from Casterly Rock just as the Casterlys vanished from the chronicles. They claim descent from Lann the Clever, the legendary figure who tricked the Casterlys from their seat, Casterly Rock.[5]

According to a semi-canon source, members of lesser branches of the family left Casterly Rock and developed a nearby village into the city of Lannisport, forming House Lannister of Lannisport. Meanwhile, the Lannisters of Casterly Rock grew to become Kings of the Rock.[6] The first known King of the Rock was Loreon I Lannister, although Lann the Clever has posthumously been called by the same title.[5]

20 hours ago, Brandon Baratheon said:

As descendants of First men Lannisters fought against Others. It is odd that there is no member of Night's Watch from house of Lannister, even among the deserters. 

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Category:Deserters_of_the_Night's_Watch

All Lannisters dislike the Wall. Tyrion doesn't believe existence of Others. Tywin doesn't help watchers during Conflict beyond the Wall. If there was Lord Commander from Lannisters in the history of NW Tywin will proudly talk about him.

There's hardly anyone in the Night's Watch, this years. Like, there's two? Three? Hundred brothers in total.

And preciously few nobles, too: at the beginning of the story, from houses of any importance, there was a Targaryen (now dead), a Stark (MIA), a Mormont (dead), a Royce (dead), and a Mallister. Oh, and one Tarly has joined since.

But, the bleak reality is, hardly anybody wants to join the Watch, and hardly anybody cares. Not fair to single out the Lannisters here, when the crushing majority of the realm doesn't give a fiddler's fuck about the Wall.

21 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

There's hardly anyone in the Night's Watch, this years. Like, there's two? Three? Hundred brothers in total.

And preciously few nobles, too: at the beginning of the story, from houses of any importance, there was a Targaryen (now dead), a Stark (MIA), a Mormont (dead), a Royce (dead), and a Mallister. Oh, and one Tarly has joined since.

But, the bleak reality is, hardly anybody wants to join the Watch, and hardly anybody cares. Not fair to single out the Lannisters here, when the crushing majority of the realm doesn't give a fiddler's fuck about the Wall.

In all history of NW,  there is not one single man from Lannisters who took  the black. You think is it normal? Remember Gerion Lannister who sailed the Smoking Sea and Lancel who joined sparrows. Sometimes even Lannisters act contrary to logic.

Archived