Wow, I never noticed that v. 9

Wow, I never noticed that v. 10

Wow, I never noticed that v. 11

Wow, I never noticed that v. 12

Wow, I never noticed that v. 13

Wow, I never noticed that v. 14

Wow, I never noticed that v.15

My poor observations:

• All dead people in the series such as Catelyn Stark and Beric Dondarrion are not married so to avoid marriage relationship of dead people.
  • Beric didn't eat or sleep. So he was not capable of sleeping with Allyria Dayne.
  • Even if Jon is resurrected like Beric he will not be able to produce heir to Winterfell. RICKON is only hope.
  • Marriage contract between Beric Dondarrion from Stormland and Dayne from Dorne was created to introduce Edric Dayne to Arya. 
  • Rugen's coin with imprint of golden hand could hint that Jaime was responsible for Tyrion's escape. But Cersei was not smart enough. Beric
  • Aegon VII could be more suitable for Long Night but GRRM forgot to create one Aegon more. But he didn't forget to write seven death for Beric. Maybe Aegon VI is unimportant character.

Nothing striking, but Mance had been with Dalla for only a year when Jon met them.  Don't have my book with me, but Mance says something to the effect of, "I met her the way back from your Dad's Castle."  For some reason I thought they were together longer

Lyanna, the Stark beauty of her generation was  betrothed to a handsome knight, lord of a region and a womanizer, with one known bastard. This betrothal takes place in the Vale.

Sansa, the Stark beauty of her generation is also betrothed to a handsome knight, heir to a region and a womanizer to boot, with one bastard and one on the way.This betrothal has also taken place in the Vale.

16 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Lyanna, the Stark beauty of her generation was  betrothed to a handsome knight, lord of a region and a womanizer, with one known bastard. This betrothal takes place in the Vale.

Not sure about this, iirc Ned has a memory of the night of Lyanna's betrothal and that the announcment was made in Winterfell.

2 hours ago, Livesundersink said:

Not sure about this, iirc Ned has a memory of the night of Lyanna's betrothal and that the announcment was made in Winterfell.

Well, it could be formally announced in Winterfell but Ned and Robb decided on it during their time in the Vale, if memory serves right.

This was the last post of 1.6 so I had to repost it here, couldn't have allowed this to be lost to history:D

May indeed have shit for honor, I won't deny it

A strange woman, to trust her girls to a man with shit for honor

And men say I have shit for honor?" 

Why is it that no one names Robert oathbreaker? He tore the realm apart, yet I am the one with shit for honor."

A man with shit for honor.

Several Jaime, and catelyn chapters, describing Jaime's honor in vivid detail.

The castleton outside the walls had been burned to ash and blackened stone, and many men and horses had recently encamped beside the lakeshore, where Lord Whent had staged his great tourney in the year of the false spring. A bitter smile touched Jaime's lips as they crossed that torn ground. Someone had dug a privy trench in the very spot where he'd once knelt before the king to say his vows. I never dreamed how quick the sweet would turn to sour. Aerys would not even let me savor that one night. He honored me, and then he spat on me.

,After Jaime is taken to Harrenhal.

He really has shit for honor :P

In Crackclaw, there are tales of squishers, half-fish men with webbed feet and hands kidnapping children.

Borrels, a sisterman family have been carrying what they call "The Mark" for 5000 years. Sisterman of the past were pirates. In ASOIAF  Legends have truth to them after all.

Theon shares his name with Theon Stark, a King of Winter who have defeated three different enemy groups, Andals, Sistermen anad Ironmen, all living across the sea.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:42 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Can you provide the quote for that? 

Here you go,

Robert will never keep to one bed," Lyanna had told him at Winterfell, on the night long ago when their father had promised her hand to the young Lord of Storm's End. "I hear he has gotten a child on some girl in the Vale." Ned had held the babe in his arms; he could scarcely deny her, nor would he lie to his sister, but he had assured her that what Robert did before their betrothal was of no matter, that he was a good man and true who would love her with all his heart. Lyanna had only smiled. "Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature."

Drogo's braid was black as midnight and heavy with scented oil, hung with tiny bells that rang softly as he moved. It swung well past his belt, below even his buttocks, the end of it brushing against the back of his thighs.

Khal Drago has no ass. An ass of any substance would keep his braid from touching the backs of his thighs.

6 hours ago, Livesundersink said:

Here you go,

Robert will never keep to one bed," Lyanna had told him at Winterfell, on the night long ago when their father had promised her hand to the young Lord of Storm's End. "I hear he has gotten a child on some girl in the Vale." Ned had held the babe in his arms; he could scarcely deny her, nor would he lie to his sister, but he had assured her that what Robert did before their betrothal was of no matter, that he was a good man and true who would love her with all his heart. Lyanna had only smiled. "Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature."

Thanks. Robert wasn't there, though, was he? 

5 hours ago, Lollygag said:

Drogo's braid was black as midnight and heavy with scented oil, hung with tiny bells that rang softly as he moved. It swung well past his belt, below even his buttocks, the end of it brushing against the back of his thighs.

Khal Drago has no ass. An ass of any substance would keep his braid from touching the backs of his thighs.

:D

Maybe the oils and bells make the braid really heavy?

"Myrish. 'The Seasons of My Love.' Sweet and sad, if you understand the words. The first girl I ever bedded used to sing it, and I've never been able to put it out of my head." Tyrion gazed up at the sky. It was a clear cold night and the stars shone down upon the mountains as bright and merciless as truth. "I met her on a night like this," he heard himself saying. "Jaime and I were riding back from Lannisport when we heard a scream, and she came running out into the road with two men dogging her heels, shouting threats. My brother unsheathed his sword and went after them, while I dismounted to protect the girl. She was scarcely a year older than I was, dark-haired, slender, with a face that would break your heart. It certainly broke mine. Lowborn, half-starved, unwashed … yet lovely. They'd torn the rags she was wearing half off her back, so I wrapped her in my cloak while Jaime chased the men into the woods. By the time he came trotting back, I'd gotten a name out of her, and a story. She was a crofter's child, orphaned when her father died of fever, on her way to … well, nowhere, really.
"She was hungrier than I would have believed. We finished two whole chickens and part of a third, and drank a flagon of wine, talking. I was only thirteen, and the wine went to my head, I fear. The next thing I knew, I was sharing her bed. If she was shy, I was shyer. I'll never know where I found the courage. When I broke her maidenhead, she wept, but afterward she kissed me and sang her little song, and by morning I was in love."
"After Jaime had made his confession, to drive home the lesson, Lord Tywin brought my wife in and gave her to his guards. They paid her fair enough. A silver for each man, how many whores command that high a price? He sat me down in the corner of the barracks and bade me watch, and at the end she had so many silvers the coins were slipping through her fingers and rolling on the floor, she …" The smoke was stinging his eyes. Tyrion cleared his throat and turned away from the fire, to gaze out into darkness. "Lord Tywin had me go last," he said in a quiet voice. "And he gave me a gold coin to pay her, because I was a Lannister, and worth more."

Cat was thinking about the fat boy, remembering how she had saved him from Terro and Orbelo, when the Sailor's Wife appeared beside her. "He sings a pretty song," she murmured softly, in the Common Tongue of Westeros. "The gods must have loved him to give him such a voice, and that fair face as well."

He is fair of face and foul of heart, thought Arya, but she did not say it. Dareon had once wed the Sailor's Wife, who would only bed with men who married her. The Happy Port sometimes had three or four weddings a night. Often the cheerful wine-soaked red priest Ezzelyno performed the rites. Elsewise it was Eustace, who had once been a septon at the Sept-Beyond-the-Sea. If neither priest nor septon was on hand, one of the whores would run to the Ship and fetch back a mummer. Merry always claimed the mummers made much better priests than priests, especially Myrmello.

The weddings were loud and jolly, with a lot of drinking. Whenever Cat happened by with her barrow, the Sailor's Wife would insist that her new husband buy some oysters, to stiffen him for the consummation. She was good that way, and quick to laugh as well, but Cat thought there was something sad about her too.

The other whores said that the Sailor's Wife visited the Isle of the Gods on the days when her flower was in bloom, and knew all the gods who lived there, even the ones that Braavos had forgotten. They said she went to pray for her first husband, her true husband, who had been lost at sea when she was a girl no older than Lanna. "She thinks that if she finds the right god, maybe he will send the winds and blow her old love back to her," said one-eyed Yna, who had known her longest, "but I pray it never happens. Her love is dead, I could taste that in her blood. If he ever should come back to her, it will be a corpse."

When Cat slipped inside the brothel, though, she found Merry sitting in the common room with her eyes shut, listening to Dareon play his woodharp. Yna was there too, braiding Lanna's fine long golden hair. Another stupid love song. Lanna was always begging the singer to play her stupid love songs. She was the youngest of the whores, only ten-and-four. Merry asked three times as much for her as for any of the other girls, Cat knew.

Margaery embraced her like a sister, which the queen found presumptuous, but this was not the place to reproach her. Lady Alerie and the cousins contented themselves with kissing fingers. Lady Graceford, who was large with child, asked the queen's leave to name it Tywin if it were a boy, or Lanna if it were a girl. Another one? she almost groaned. The realm will drown in Tywins. She gave consent as graciously as she could, feigning delight.

I've always thought sailor's wife was Gerion's wife but perhaps with all the traumas she has suffered, she hears of rumors of the golden ships and lion king visiting Volantis, she thinks it was Tyrion that was lost in the sea?

Female counterpart for the name Tywin appears to be Lanna. Tywin makes Tyrion pay gold to Tysha while the guardsmen pay silvers because a  Lannister is worth more.  Lanna, is worth more than the other whores. Tysha, who Tywin says is a whore, married to Tyrion. Sailor's wife, obviously a westerosi woman, only beds those who she weds.

25 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I've always thought sailor's wife was Gerion's wife but perhaps with all the traumas she has suffered, she hears of rumors of the golden ships and lion king visiting Volantis, she thinks it was Tyrion that was lost in the sea?

Female counterpart for the name Tywin appears to be Lanna. Tywin makes Tyrion pay gold to Tysha while the guardsmen pay silvers because a  Lannister is worth more.  Lanna, is worth more than the other whores. Tysha, who Tywin says is a whore, married to Tyrion. Sailor's wife, obviously a westerosi woman, only beds those who she weds.

Absolutely

4 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Thanks. Robert wasn't there, though, was he? 

It doesn't say, as far as I know the books do not mention Robert ever visiting Winterfell before Game, but since he has knowledge of the crypts and how the Starks bury their dead it's possible he has, however Ned could have told him all of these things at the Vale. Hopefully we'll learn about Lyanna's source of information about Robert and his bastards.

4 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Guess you have beaten me to it with a few months. Also nice find on the demon monkey

2 hours ago, Livesundersink said:

It doesn't say, as far as I know the books do not mention Robert ever visiting Winterfell before Game, but since he has knowledge of the crypts and how the Starks bury their dead it's possible he has, however Ned could have told him all of these things at the Vale. Hopefully we'll learn about Lyanna's source of information about Robert and his bastards.

I think it was perhaps in the world book that it was said Robb makes the proposal that they become brothers in more than fostering and Ned agrees to bring this to his father but maybe I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Guess you have beaten me to it with a few months. 

The idea that the Sailor's wife is Tysha, and Lanna is her daughter, and even that Tyrion will go to Braavos predates my entry into these forums. 

Jaime is burning his KG cloak with Cersei’s letter.

Genna tells Jaime that there is some of Kevan in him and that is why he wears the KG cloak. Kevan dies at roughly the same time as Jaime killing the part of himself that comes from Kevan. The KG cloaks are strongly linked to snow. A snowflake falls on Cersei’s letter as Jamie burns it. Winter falls on Kevan as he dies.

AFFC Jaime V

"Jaime," she said, tugging on his ear, "sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg, and there's some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak .

AFFC Jaime VII

A snowflake landed on the letter. As it melted, the ink began to blur. Jaime rolled the parchment up again, as tight as one hand would allow, and handed it to Peck. "No," he said. "Put this in the fire."

ACOK Tyrion XIV

At the ram his big red reared but the black stallion leapt the obstacle smoothly and Ser Mandon flashed past him, death in snow-white silk.

AGOT Sansa I

One knight wore an intricate suit of white enameled scales, brilliant as a field of new-fallen snow, with silver chasings and clasps that glittered in the sun. When he removed his helm, Sansa saw that he was an old man with hair as pale as his armor, yet he seemed strong and graceful for all that. From his shoulders hung the pure white cloak of the Kingsguard.

AGOT Sansa II

They watched the heroes of a hundred songs ride forth, each more fabulous than the last. The seven knights of the Kingsguard took the field, all but Jaime Lannister in scaled armor the color of milk, their cloaks as white as fresh-fallen snow. Ser Jaime wore the white cloak as well, but beneath it he was shining gold from head to foot, with a lion's-head helm and a golden sword.

Ser Loras was the youngest son of Mace Tyrell, the Lord of Highgarden and Warden of the South. At sixteen, he was the youngest rider on the field, yet he had unhorsed three knights of the Kingsguard that morning in his first three jousts. Sansa had never seen anyone so beautiful. His plate was intricately fashioned and enameled as a bouquet of a thousand different flowers, and his snow-white stallion was draped in a blanket of red and white roses. After each victory, Ser Loras would remove his helm and ride slowly round the fence, and finally pluck a single white rose from the blanket and toss it to some fair maiden in the crowd.

AGOT Sansa IV

Ser Boros was an ugly man with a broad chest and short, bandy legs. His nose was flat, his cheeks baggy with jowls, his hair grey and brittle. Today he wore white velvet, and his snowy cloak was fastened with a lion brooch

ACOK Sansa I

Ser Meryn entered from the west side of the yard, clad in gleaming white plate chased with gold and mounted on a milk-white charger with a flowing grey mane. His cloak streamed behind him like a field of snow.

In the back of the royal box, Sandor Clegane stood at guard, his hands resting on his swordbelt. The white cloak of the Kingsguard was draped over his broad shoulders and fastened with a jeweled brooch, the snowy cloth looking somehow unnatural against his brown roughspun tunic and studded leather jerkin.

ACOK Sansa V

Cersei's gown was snowy linen, white as the cloaks of the Kingsguard.

AFFC Cersei II

Under the Great Sept's lofty dome of glass and gold and crystal, Lord Tywin Lannister's body rested upon a stepped marble bier. At its head Jaime stood at vigil, his one good hand curled about the hilt of a tall golden greatsword whose point rested on the floor. The hooded cloak he wore was as white as freshly fallen snow, and the scales of his long hauberk were mother-of-pearl chased with gold. Lord Tywin would have wanted him in Lannister gold and crimson, she thought. It always angered him to see Jaime all in white.

ADWD Epilogue

The snow had been falling on King's Landing most of the night; outside the drifts were ankle deep. Ser Kevan Lannister pulled his cloak about himself more closely.

"Winter," said Ser Kevan. The word made a white mist in the air. He turned away from the window.

Then something slammed him in the chest between the ribs, hard as a giant's fist. It drove the breath from him and sent him lurching backwards. The white raven took to the air, its pale wings slapping him about the head. Ser Kevan half-sat and half-fell onto the window seat. What … who … A quarrel was sunk almost to the fletching in his chest.

ACOK Catelyn VII

"How can you still count yourself a knight, when you have forsaken every vow you ever swore?"

Jaime reached for the flagon to refill his cup. "So many vows . . . they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other." He took a healthy swallow of wine and closed his eyes for an instant, leaning his head back against the patch of nitre on the wall. "I was the youngest man ever to wear the white cloak."

"And the youngest to betray all it stood for, Kingslayer."

"I find nothing about you amusing, Kingslayer."

"That name again. I don't think I'll fuck you after all, Littlefinger had you first, didn't he? I never eat off another man's trencher. Besides, you're not half so lovely as my sister." His smile cut. "I've never lain with any woman but Cersei. In my own way, I have been truer than your Ned ever was. Poor old dead Ned. So who has shit for honor now, I ask you? What was the name of that bastard he fathered?"

Catelyn took a step backward. "Brienne."

"No, that wasn't it." Jaime Lannister upended the flagon. A trickle ran down onto his face, bright as blood. "Snow, that was the one. Such a white name . . . like the pretty cloaks they give us in the Kingsguard when we swear our pretty oaths."

Archived