MLB Postseason: Bye, Cubs, Bye!

Myshkin

This is a weird post-season for me. For the first time in my life, I am actively rooting for the Dodgers (because I wholeheartedly agree with the thread title, god damnit Nationals why you gotta always be chokin') and the Yankees (I live here, and hey this is a fun damn team).

4 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I wouldn't say he pitched great, he wasn't nearly as sharp as he was in his start against the Indians.

Obviously we all have different definitions of great, but 2 runs on 5 baserunners in 6 innings and 89 pitches against a historic offensive juggernaut in their house is pretty great to me.

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

Obviously we all have different definitions of great, but 2 runs on 5 baserunners in 6 innings and 89 pitches against a historic offensive juggernaut in their house is pretty great to me.

Yeah, he was nails. If it wasn't for Altuve's instant offense and Gonzalez's arm, they might still be playing. 

55 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

He was good enough to win but the Yankees looked like shit at the plate. More than half of their outs came via strikeout, it was absolutely shameful. I get that you're trying to see a silver lining but I just can't take any positives from what I saw.

2 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

He was good enough to win but the Yankees looked like shit at the plate. More than half of their outs came via strikeout, it was absolutely shameful. I get that you're trying to see a silver lining but I just can't take any positives from what I saw.

Eh, Keuchel's gameplan was perfect, and his execution of it was almost perfect. I don't think there's much shame in getting beat by that guy. If not for an inspired defensive play in the outfield, they would've been tied at the end of 9. The Yanks played a hell of a game. 

5 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

The Yanks undeniably looked like shit at the plate, can't argue with that.  The positives I try to take are the pitching continues to be rock solid, they worked Giles, and Keuchel is not only a unique pitcher because he's so good, but also because his stuff is significantly different than most pitchers'.

14 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Eh, Keuchel's gameplan was perfect, and his execution of it was almost perfect. I don't think there's much shame in getting beat by that guy. If not for an inspired defensive play in the outfield, they would've been tied at the end of 9. The Yanks played a hell of a game. 

I said before the game that losing to him isn't shameful but last night him getting the low pitch and the pitches off the plate for frustrating.  And for Tanaka to give them a chance to win and not get anything in support was even worse. 

13 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

The Yanks undeniably looked like shit at the plate, can't argue with that.  The positives I try to take are the pitching continues to be rock solid, they worked Giles, and Keuchel is not only a unique pitcher because he's so good, but also because his stuff is significantly different than most pitchers'.

They worked Giles but made no effort to work Keuchel.  I hate him and his beard so much. They need to either get to Verlander quick or just roll over and let the Astros finish them quickly.  

1 minute ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I said before the game that losing to him isn't shameful but last night him getting the low pitch and the pitches off the plate for frustrating.  And for Tanaka to give them a chance to win and not get anything in support was even worse. 

I would have a problem with that if Tanaka wasn't getting the same calls, but it seemed to me he did. I thought the ump's strike zone was very consistent, which is really all you can ask for.

3 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

This is my attitude as well.  Game time!

Please rephrase this in the form of a Bob Seger lyric.

ETA: Ooh, you could say it's time to turn the page. That would work.

Archived