Footyball!

DJDonegal

[quote name='Isis' post='1409326' date='Jun 21 2008, 10.56']The Ronaldo stuff is mildy amusing. But what would really make me happy would be Abramovich realising he is bored with football and leaving Chelsea, taking his cash with him. It took a while but I am finally sick of Chelski.[/quote]

Welcome to the club.

[quote name='Slick Mongoose' post='1409332' date='Jun 21 2008, 11.11']That would be the greatest thing that ever happened in the history of football. I lie awake at night dreaming of Chelsea in ruins.[/quote]

Thirded.

I don't know about Keane. He doesn't seem prolific enough. A new Bellamy (possibly a higher handicap, though)? I'd rather have Berbatov, as I feel he'd better complement Torres :love:

[quote name='Jon AS' post='1426556' date='Jul 3 2008, 14.03']Isn't he on the last year or two of his contract? If so, they won't be able to demand too much, what with that buyout rule.[/quote]

The last. If Chelsea doesn't sell him now, the next year Lampard can go where he wants. So I think Inter will take him this year.

[quote name='Erzulie the Unruly' post='1426561' date='Jul 3 2008, 20.07']I don't know about Keane. He doesn't seem prolific enough[/quote]

23 goals in 07/08 (equal with Berbatov), and 31 goals and 13 assists in 2007. Also take into account that spurs stopped trying after the cup final in Febuary. What more do you want?

You won't be able to afford Keane or Berbatov anyway, so stop dreaming. The idea that we'd accept Crouch in a swap is laughable.

Keane is also one of the few ex-Leeds players sold when they hit rock bottom to actually manage to do something with his career afterwards! (Oh how I laughed when Leeds had those problems!)

[quote name='SirRots' post='1426759' date='Jul 3 2008, 18.14']Keane is also one of the few ex-Leeds players sold when they hit rock bottom to actually manage to do something with his career afterwards! (Oh how I laughed when Leeds had those problems!)[/quote]

Aren't they wallowing in League One now, or did they manage to avoid the drop? (or am I thinking of Sheffield?)

[quote name='Xray the Enforcer' post='1426762' date='Jul 3 2008, 23.17']Aren't they wallowing in League One now, or did they manage to avoid the drop? (or am I thinking of Sheffield?)[/quote]

They'd have been promoted back to the Championship had they not been docked 15 points for their financial problems, and even with that penalty they managed to get to the playoff final, which they lost to Doncaster.

You wont find many people from Bradford disagreeing with that :P (But then again I get to laugh at Bradford FC as well!)

DJ

Me and a friend got into abit of a stupid discussion last night involving Pinky and the Brain and we came to the conclusion that they had had Jenova cells inserted into them!

Good Grief! I should smite you all for your disrespect... United players are kings amongst men. It is known. Even when they play in League One... I could whine about how the Football League bullied us and such, but instead I'll just say that I have every confidence that we'll be back to the top... soon

If Inter could sign Lampard, Quaresma and Mancini that would be very impressive.

An Englishman in Italy, you don't see that very often, so it remains to be seein if Lampard there would be a success. One is inclined to say no.

Quaresma looks ready for a major international club and Mancini is just a very good player.

In other news, while Italy has sacked Donadoni, Raymond Domenech, claimed by most people to have been the worst coach present on EURO 2008, is actually being allowed to stay on as French Manager up and including WC 2010. I find that astounding.

[quote name='Calibandar']In other news, while Italy has sacked Donadoni, Raymond Domenech, claimed by most people to have been the worst coach present on EURO 2008, is actually being allowed to stay on as French Manager up and including WC 2010. I find that astounding.[/quote]

He must have some dirt on some of the French FA's leadership. I mean, there is no way they are too poor to sack him, right?

[quote name='Calibandar' post='1427717' date='Jul 4 2008, 13.26']If Inter could sign Lampard, Quaresma and Mancini that would be very impressive.

An Englishman in Italy, you don't see that very often, so it remains to be seein if Lampard there would be a success. One is inclined to say no.[/quote]

About his transfer to Inter Lampard would say "Probably yes". So do I think that Ehglish palyers always had problem playing in Serie A. Rumors say also Inter could take Schweinsteiger.

[quote name='Simone']Rumors say also Inter could take Schweinsteiger.[/quote]

And Bayern say that there is no way they are selling any players. They don't have any purchases lined up, they seem quite content with their current squad.

[quote name='Erzulie the Unruly' post='1427855' date='Jul 4 2008, 14.28']Simone, do you know anything about this Dossena Liverpool have reportedly signed?[/quote]

It's done for Liverpool. Dossena is now a Liverpool player. Probably Xaby Alonso will play for Juventus.

[quote name='Kbeyerle' post='1427967' date='Jul 4 2008, 18.24']So, 'Ronaldinho is "80-90%" likely to secure a move to AC Milan, according to the Barcelona playmaker's agent Roberto De Assis.'[/quote]

I am a Milan supporter and I think Ronaldinho trade will be a failure for us. He is fantastic with the ball but he is not professional: he drinks and eats a lot, he is fat and he likes night entertainments too. So I think is a bad transition for Milan.

So Simone, I bet you're looking forward to Milan vs FC Metalist Kharkiv, Rapid Bucharest and the South coast giants that are Portsmouth FC next season. If you visit Fratton Park you must remember to take an umbrella, it can get very wet in that glorified cow shed.

Is it wrong that I'm so pleased that Milan are languishing in the mickey mouse eurocup? As a football fan I should be sad that I won't be able to see Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, (Ronaldinho?) et al take on the world's best. Yet the thought of Berlusconi and his cronies turning up to watch kick and run from the likes of Queen of the South warms my heart.

Also it might teach Gabrielle Marcotti some humility. The way he keeps refering to Milan as World champions is a joke. As if anyone cares about the World club championship.

[quote name='Mathis' post='1428030' date='Jul 5 2008, 10.13']So Simone, I bet you're looking forward to Milan vs FC Metalist Kharkiv, Rapid Bucharest and the South coast giants that are Portsmouth FC next season. If you visit Fratton Park you must remember to take an umbrella, it can get very wet in that glorified cow shed.

Is it wrong that I'm so pleased that Milan are languishing in the mickey mouse eurocup? As a football fan I should be sad that I won't be able to see Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, (Ronaldinho?) et al take on the world's best. Yet the thought of Berlusconi and his cronies turning up to watch kick and run from the likes of Queen of the South warms my heart.

Also it might teach Gabrielle Marcotti some humility. The way he keeps refering to Milan as World champions is a joke. As if anyone cares about the World club championship.[/quote]
Yes that's better. Let's hate other teams rather than Leeds!
Did I hear somewhere that Gattuso was on his way out of Milan following the arrival of Flamini?

Archived