Dublin: The Octocon edition?

Padraig

Cool thanks. :) The Oval has a handy upstairs area. I think that would be ideal, if they do allow people to book it in advance.

Hard to know how busy a Thursday evening is. Could be busy enough.

And let us not forget that Thursday is late opening night for Dublin shops and shoppers...

And let us not forget that Thursday is late opening night for Dublin shops and shoppers...

there's still a few folks in Dublin who have actually cash money to spend? From the reports in the media, (Irish and international), I thought the death of the Tiger had reduced the population to bartering for potatoes and cabbages once again.

just a quick update -

George has confirmation that the Dublin signing is at the Eason's on O'Connell Street,

and the store is willing to take orders for books to be signed by GRRM if you or someone you know is unable to get to the signing. This signing is not restricted to the Vance antho or the ASOI&F series, so if you want copies of FEVRE DREAM, the WILD CARDS series, WINDHAVEN, DREAMSONGS, or other titles, give them a call NOW and ask them for specific titles. They'll have enough time to order those titles and have them on hand for George to sign for you in person or by order to pick up later. (Didn't check this, but most bookstores will also ship to customers for regular shipping costs).

Eason's Dublin O'Connell Street

Dublin 01 8583800

[email protected]

I've said this before, and will probably say it again:

BUY A NEW BOOK FROM THE BOOKSTORES THAT ARE SPENDING TIME AND MONEY TO ORGANIZE AND HOST THESE SIGNINGS.

Yes, you can bring your beloved and battered AGoT pb for George to sign. We both have a lot of affection for those tattered tomes. Shows that somebody has read and re-read and carried around to read some more that specific book. But the stores that make the effort to arrange for authors to visit the store need and deserve sales on the day of the event. If you have other questions about the usual 'rules' at a booksigning, please see my previous post in another thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1921855

Looks like we already have at least a dozen folks up for the Dublin moot, although we have yet to determine a start time for the moot. I've been able to gather a few notes on other SF groups and events, still looking for more to put on the flyer. If you have something to add to the flyer, add to this thread, or pm me with details.

more soon, the Red Cuteness is still blocking my view of the laptop screen and I must submit to her demands, because typing around a 16lb cat with a twitching tail and fluffy toes on the keyboard is making this all too complicated to continue for long.

See you in Ireland, in just a few short weeks!

I'll be there :) Perhaps with other Leitrimites in tow :)

Yes! Many of the usual suspects better turn up, or they'll be getting lots of grief from yours truly.

I'm still sorting out my trip, let's skype thursday to deal with odds and ends, ok?

Well the Oval definitely allows pre-booking, and it seems has had post author signing people before.

I went in and asked if I could reserve a few tables, was told no problem. They had a book and took my name and phone number. I said 20+ from 5-8. There was nothing else booked that week so I'm guessing it'll be very easy to change if necessary. If it is, let me know and I'll change

When I was in there the barman said it was odd to see the signing on a Thursday rather than a Saturday, so I've extrapolated that others have gone in there before.

Looking forward to it!

Does one need to be a special Jedi Master to send messages on this forum? :(

I'm getting the "You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board."

I have a website I would like for Parris to consider for handbill and kind of a personal question I'd like to ask. :rolleyes:

err, maybe I should clarify, the question is in the yes/no category. :)

*delurking* I am going to try and make it as well, with wife and child in tow. Looking forward to it

I'm happy to hear that you're coming to the signing/moot, and with a future George RR Martin fan in tow! We'll be delighted to have you along. Do you think you'll be able to attend the signing and the moot? Or will you have to pick just one event?

George is getting all wound up about the trip - he's looking forward to having these signings in Ireland and in the North since he's never done signing in Dublin or Belfast before.

See you all in just a few short weeks!

Does one need to be a special Jedi Master to send messages on this forum? :(

I'm getting the "You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board."

I have a website I would like for Parris to consider for handbill and kind of a personal question I'd like to ask. :rolleyes:

err, maybe I should clarify, the question is in the yes/no category. :)

Aragorn I tried to pm you, this is the message I got:

"This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent"

So I have no idea how to communicate with you except in public. Perhaps one of the moderators can help us out? Several of the mods have my e-mail address and could forward a message you send them thru their public email accounts, or know how to get a pm to me from you in some arcane method I am not privy to.

keep trying!

Members new to the forum need to make 3 posts before they can use the PM system. It helps deal with spammers. Aragorn, just make another post here or elsewhere (not Help or Forum Games) and you should be good to go to PM.

Members new to the forum need to make 3 posts before they can use the PM system. It helps deal with spammers. Aragorn, just make another post here or elsewhere (not Help or Forum Games) and you should be good to go to PM.

Thanks Ran, I hope AragornSG sees the reply and gets pm privileges soon - I'm wondering what he wants to ask me!

Archived