Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

Great opening sene with Theon but you could tell he was very conflicted taking Winterfell....he didn't show great leadership...looked pretty scared to me even killing Rodrick Cassel. I can't wait until he gets his when Bolton's son comes.

Loved Jon's scenes with Yvgrite...some adventure and romance? The scenery was amazing..I can't believe the location..just breathtaking with the sunset on the ice.

Sansa/Hound scene....beginning to like the Hound...could you see his disgust of Joffrey? Liked Shae telling her not to trust anyonein KL..finally someone told her. Joffrey got it twice, once in the face and once with Tyrion.

Tywin/Arya...awesome scenes.

Dany's scene were ok until the end when the dragons where gone.

For me, Osha's last scene was the height of the episode. Go Bran and Rickon.

Edited by nightshadow

The Hound was awesome. Not only his fighting, but also his dry comment to Joffrey.

Joffrey: "I want to see them executed."

Hound: "They want the same for you."

The Hound not only despises Joffrey for his cruelty and cowardice, I think, he also respects Sansa for her courage. She threw Joff's crying on the Kingsroad right in his face when he was teasing Tommen about crying over Myrcella leaving.

Edited by sennahoj

A great episode.

Theon has been showing his true stripes the past two episodes: arrogant and incompetent. He couldn't even give an honorable man a clean death. Live by the cock, die by the cock. I thought for sure Osha was going to cut his throat in his sleep.

I've lost a lot of respect for Jon. He wants to be the rough and ready ranger, but he can not kill the enemy right under his blade. I thought Ghost was going to leap out and tear her head off. Now she's playing with him (mentally and physically ).

Robb's love interest is dull.

Tywin & Arya are as entertaining as ever. Playing little games of wits and subterfuge. Did Little Finger recognize her?

Joffrey is Theon's bookend: arrogant and incompetent. I thoroughly enjoyed the Joffrey slapping (both by dung and Tyrion). Poor Sansa; as I she hasn't been shit on enough already. The Hound is showing himself to be much more the noble knight than anyone else in the King's court.

I have a feeling that Dany may end up burning all of Qarth to the ground. I am guessing she will find her dragons next week and rain down hell.

Edited by Fakko

I claim (blissful) ignorance as a non-book reader (so far).

I think LF knows. He's been shown to be very perceptive and shrewd (though not so shrewd this season).

Tywin is also very intelligent and I agree

that he must at least suspect. Arya's lies are spontaneous and weak as a result.

I am really enjoying the show. I have the first novel as an e-book. I just need to get started. I most likely will during the painfully long hiatus.

Edited by Fakko

Tywin is also very intelligent and I agree

that he must at least suspect. Arya's lies are spontaneous and weak as a result.

I'm just confused about why he's letting Arya listen in on his council meetings and read his communications if he has suspicions about her identity. Actually, I'm confused about why he keeps her around at all even if he accepts her story of being a clever Northerner who can read. Either way this doesn't seem like the brightest move on his part. Still, I like how they're humanizing him. He's still badass like last season, just a little more fatherly and relatable. I'm guessing that Arya's going to hesitate about using her last kill on Tywin, and he'll get away, leading her to a life of regret since apparently only terrible things are allowed to happen to Starks.

Speaking of which, bad things are clearly in store for Jon and Rob thanks to their supposed love interests. Why do all the sympathetic characters have to act like idiots? Like, why on earth did Roderick come back to Winterfell alone? I thought he had like 200 men with him! F@*%ing Theon Greyjoy, at least we know you are too dumb to last very long.

All in all, an amazing episode. The actor portraying Theon has been fantastic, and the riot scene was terrifying. I was sooo hoping that the mob would get their hands on Joffrey or Cersei, oh well...

Bits I totally loved...

* I feel 1,000% sure that LittleFinger knows its Ayra. After all, she spent, what? Months? In King's Landing before Ned's death. They probably ran into one another many dozens of times. Toward the end of that scene as Ayra is walking away and Tywin is talking, LF's eyes narrow and follow her across the room. Yup, he knows. The question now is--what's he gonna do with that info? For sure, he'll try to work out his 'knowledge is power' discovery to his own best advantage. To my mind, Tywin does not know. How could he? We heard Tyrion (an episode or two ago) mention that there'd been no ravens back and forth from Tywin for weeks. Tywin's never seen Ayra, and as far as he knows 'the Stark girls' are safely under wraps in KL, to be used in trade for Jaime.

* During the KL riot, the Hound tucking dipshit scrawny lunatic little Joffrey under one arm like a sack of potatoes and hauling him up the stairs, while Joff is flailing around helplessly like a toddler in a tantrum. Go, Hound! Die, Dipshit!

* Jaqen. Anything Jaqen. ( Note to A Man: A Man must be weary. This girl has a warm, comfortable feather quilt upon which you may rest. It is known.)

* Jaqen.

ETA: typo

Edited by iheartseverus

I'm just confused about why he's letting Arya listen in on his council meetings and read his communications if he has suspicions about her identity. Actually, I'm confused about why he keeps her around at all even if he accepts her story of being a clever Northerner who can read. Either way this doesn't seem like the brightest move on his part. Still, I like how they're humanizing him. He's still badass like last season, just a little more fatherly and relatable. I'm guessing that Arya's going to hesitate about using her last kill on Tywin, and he'll get away, leading her to a life of regret since apparently only terrible things are allowed to happen to Starks.

My (book deficient) thoughts are that it's a combination of complacency and respect.

Tywin (in theory) has no idea whom he has as his cup bearer. To him she is just a young girl lost in the world. Clever and bright, but without connections or relevance to his affairs and their associated troubles.

Also, I think he respects her intelligence and resourcefulness. She's more capable in some regards than his own men. These shared traits have bred a false sense of familiarity with her. Enough so he is comfortable using her as sounding board/diary of sorts.

After all, whom could she possibly tell and how, in his mind?

Edited by Fakko

I think this propably was the best episode this far in season 2. I think the plot involved the most interesting carachters this time, and things are starting to move more forward.

I have to say, that I hate(!) Theon so much! But the scene in Winterfell was really good very emotional. And ser Rodick :crying: such a shame.

Is it just me, or is the chemistry between Robb and Talisa...I don´t know, almost real sparks flying.

Nice to see Joffrey being slapped, and the Hound being a hero. The scene with Sansa was really intimmidating, as if marrying Joffrey isn´t bad enough.

The only part I don´t care so much about is Dany, she seem too much of a spoiled brat to me, bragging about her dragons. :huh:

The only part I don´t care so much about is Dany, she seem too much of a spoiled brat to me, bragging about her dragons. :huh:

I think now she's had the little buggers pinched, it will (hopefully) give her a jolt. But did anyone else not see the parallels here between Dany and Theon? He was just a boastful twerp, sticking out his chest and trying to convince everyone he was Prince of Winterfell; Dany was a boastful little girl, throwing her WMDs in people's faces. Both very immature people who need stern correction. I'm talking about the show purely, here, and not the books. I think the show is giving us different sets of dynamics, and I find it interesting to keep speculating how things will be resolved.

I think now she's had the little buggers pinched, it will (hopefully) give her a jolt. But did anyone else not see the parallels here between Dany and Theon? He was just a boastful twerp, sticking out his chest and trying to convince everyone he was Prince of Winterfell; Dany was a boastful little girl, throwing her WMDs in people's faces. Both very immature people who need stern correction. I'm talking about the show purely, here, and not the books. I think the show is giving us different sets of dynamics, and I find it interesting to keep speculating how things will be resolved.

I agree. Theon was very pompous.He didn't even think about the consequences of his actions or what consquence may lay ahead for himself. Dany, egocentric teenager. I'm glad the spice merchant put her in her place, she needed that. I wonder if Dany will realize her mistakes at Quarth faster than Theon.

Edited by nightshadow

I wonder how far the TV show will deviate from the books.

I really hope that a lot of things are changed to suit the taste of most viewers (who are simply non-book readers).

Right now it's not worth thinking too much ahead. We only have 4 E left. E9 writes itself.

What they do about Weasel Soup ... that can be restructured... but the I am sure the basic story , in some way, will be there it is just too good.

Qarth is a big mystery, looks as if the big scene there will take place with quite a modification and then E10 will end, I am guessing, the Qarth story like the book.

Except for the details does not seem much need to change Theon's story.

Beyond the Wall it think with modification, a little , writes itself.

It looks as if just a little bit of SoS will be moved into S1 , I don't know E8 and E10, don't know if there's room for it in E9.

Lord knows Storm of Swords is my favorite, and a lot of peoples, because Georges just gets ripping along...to much stuff happens that is sensational for every character, even Sansa! The backbone of SoS is so good it really does demand two seasons, not really much modification except for a lot of compactification.

As for books 4 and 5, whew!, I don't know... just my personal opinion, about half those books need rewriting anyway.

Edited by boojam