Confessions....Say What v2!

I know, I know. But I wish that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Conspiracies theories, here-say, and conjecture make my head sad. :bawl:

Well, some can be pretty crazy, and not all are even meant to be serious in the first place.

Funniest sh*t I've read on the forum yet.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, both newbies! :cheers: Have fun discussing and stay calm.

Along the Cersei lines, I hope she is alive and in a position of power when this all ends

On the topic of Cersei: i am so fucking sick of hearing about her bloody sex life. Yes, we realize she slept with Osney Kettleblack, Lancel, et. al. Thanks, AFFC, for making that perfectly clear, and for all of the numerous scenes of Cersei fondling Kettleblack's... in case anyone missed it.

Seriously, I'm sick of the deepening evil of Cersei's characterization frequently having to do with her sexual deeds. In ADWD, I suspect that her revelation that she intended to be unfaithful to Robert all along ("I fucked Jaime on my wedding day") was meant to elicit gasps of shock hisses of anger from the audience. Previous to that revelation, people had frequently defended Cersei with the idea that "she was only unfaithful to Robert after she found he was unfaithful to her." Now people argue that "Cersei entered the marriage in bad faith," and that "she never gave Robert a chance."

Reflecting on this, it hit me how Cersei's sexuality has always played a disturbing role in her characterization-- and demonization. Frequently, trying to defend Cersei, people will argue that she never cheated on Robert until he cheated on her, etc. Most recently, the controversy of whether Cersei slept with Aerys to get into the kingsguard has arisen, with half of the people arguing "Cersei is such a slut I bet she did it!", the other half insisting that that is unfair, she loved Jaime, etc. But let me be honest when I say-- I really don't care. I don't care who Cersei has slept with, when, why, or how many times.

And in a world where women's worth are determined by their beauty and fertiilty, I can't really see why Cersei's using her sexual powers to get ahead is as evil as the author keeps insisting it is. How different, really, is the situation of Cersei, and women like Margary or Roslin Frey, who are sold off by their daddies like prime pieces of meat to the highest bidder, with their youth and beauty (and sexual access to them) often being top, essential priorities? What is really the difference between any wife in Westeros who uses sex and charm to placate her husband, and Cersei? The only difference that I can see is that Cersei is in control and calling the shots. Rather than having her primary assets as a woman in Westeros (face and body and youth) sold away by her resident patriarch, she brokers the deals herself. I can see how that's something that's deeply scary and unsettling for certain people, but can't really see why it's "evil."

So there's my opinion-- I don't really care if Cersei uses sex to get ahead; I don't care if she screws Osmund Kettleblack and Lancel and Moonboy too; I don't care if she ever had sex with the mad king (ew, though); I don't care if she ever intended to be faithful herself to her phillandering husband.

And while she has committed numerous heinous acts, I don't think any of them have been sexual in nature.

Sorry for rant. Here are some more relatively less crazy/ scary opinions:

--Margary bores me silly. I don't love her; I don't hate her. She just bores the hell out of me. Her being a secret political machavelli in addition to being gorgeous, brilliant, and charming somehow makes her even more, rather than less, boring in my eyes.

--I thought Manderly was creepy. Taking righteous revenge on one's enemies is one thing; feeding people the flesh of their dead relatives and delighting in the death of small children is another. He's not badass; he's just gross.

--I've always found Theon to be a far more compelling character than Asha, even before he turned to the Reek redemption arc.

--I think the Blackfish is incredibly sexy, and if he turns out to be gay (as I suspect he is), that will just make him even sexier in my eyes.

--I think Baristan Selmy is a self deluding creep.

Sorry for rant. Here are some more relatively less crazy/ scary opinions:

--I thought Manderly was creepy. Taking righteous revenge on one's enemies is one thing; feeding people the flesh of their dead relatives and delighting in the death of small children is another. He's not badass; he's just gross.

Agree about that. Do not forget the part about him eating their enemies' flesh himself.

- Although Tyrion and Barristan are my favorite characters, I think Arya is the one for whom I root the most.

- Danaerys chapters were VERY boring on the second book (except for House of the Undying which was awesome!) and begining of third.

- I wasn't aware that so many people skiped chapters while reading ASOIAF. And think this is very lazy and probably leads for distortion and incomprehension of the plot.

I hate Sansa. Her knight in shining armor was Sandor Clegane, and she was too dumb and such a little bitch to see it. Ugh, I hate her. After Joffrey you'd figure she'd wise up but instead Little Finger is using her for his own gain and it wouldn't surprise me if he raped her. Even then she'd be too dumb to act. Little Finger tells her straight up he uses everyone to his advantage. I hope Little Finger is brought before Stoneheart :) That would please me.

- I hate the dragons. I hope all three die by the end of the books.

- I never skipped any chapter at all.

- The only chapters I found boring are the Areo Hotah chapters, Damphnair chapters, tyrions travells, and Jon chapters.

- Sansa is my favourite Stark.

- The stupidest Stark is Ned.

- Drogo was just as bad of a person as the worst slavers in the Slaver Bay. I cheered when he died, a and he deserved it.

- Daario is way better than Drogo. At least he never raped Dany. So I think Dany's choice when it comes to men is actually improving.

- Dany is an extremly interestng character and I actually like her. But I don't think she would make a good ruler at all. (Just like I love Brienne but I don't think she should sit on a Throne.)

- I don't think any of the plotarmored triumviate would make a good ruler. I mean tyrion, Jon and Dany all would be bad choices for different reasons.

- I hope Dany won't listen to tyrion if she meets him. I don't want her to make more morally so wrong choices as the cruxifictions, no at that time she was not badass.

- tyrion is not a superintelligent genius. He is that unpopular guy who in order to compensate for his insecurities studies a lot, and because of that he is booksmart, and belives that he is smarter than the rest. But he would not stand a chance against truly genius people.

- tyrion is NOT a nice guy/hero etc.... tyrion is the same as tywin. He might delludes himself that he is not, but that doesn't mean his deillusons are real.

- If there ever will be a reunion I will cheer for Cersei against tyrion.

- I think Myrcella would be the best Queen.

- Doran Martell is an idiot.

EDIT:

- I never liked the Blackfish.

- Barristan Selmy is one of the worst knights, I don't have any respect for him.

- I don't ship Sansa with anyone at all. She is a 13 year old girl for gods sake. But if she really ends up with anyone I don'T want to see her with any of the LSt (LF, Sandor, tyrion) creepy old men triumviat. Can't she be with someone around her own age?

@Silverin

I am fairly sure that drogo never raped dany.

I am compeletly sure he did.

And just because you don't call what Drogo did to Dany at the first few week of their marriage rape (well I do) doesn't mean it didn't pained her deeply (she was crying during it).

And Daario never hurt her like that.

- I can't finish the books on a re-read

- There is one scene in aDwD that made me almost give up on the series (the totally unnecessary descriptive scene of how brutalised/raped Jeyne Westerling had been with Bolton) and quite frankly if there is another one of those scenes or similar in the next book I'll wait for the finish of the series and read the wiki page on it

When I see that the next POV chapter is about an Ironborn, it feels like the opposite of the Wizard of Oz' transition from B&W to color. For all I care, the Iron Islands can sink and hang out with the god they invented to justify their thievery. /mini rant

I feel the same... I kept skipping their chapters and then in the latest book I was kinda lost lol

I am compeletly sure he did.

And just because you don't call what Drogo did to Dany at the first few week of their marriage rape (well I do) doesn't mean it didn't pained her deeply (she was crying during it).

And Daario never hurt her like that.

The show shows there wedding night as rape but the book does not. I understand that you may interpret it differently to me however i am sure he actually asks her for consent. He explicitly asks her, “No?” when about to begin penetrative intercourse and she explicitly provides her consent, saying, “Yes.”

Edit:

I just looked it up in the book page 103 in soft cover GoT and i think if you reread it then you will see my point.

- I want Victarion to end up King of the Iron Islands. It's never gonna happen, but I think he's the only Greyjoy who isn't batshit crazy.

- I want Daario to return to Danny. Not all of him. Just his head.

- I hope Roose survives till the end of the series.

- I've never skipped a chapter. I was surprised that a lot of people skipped chapters.

- I'll always respect Selmy, but I think he should have gone to Stannis instead of Danny.

- " Jaime Lannister sends his regards. " - That was awesome. Gave me goosebumps.

- I always laugh when I think of Quentyn being roasted. That dude was so stupid. " Oh... " :lol:

Dany is going to be mad king 2.0

I hope Jaime gets his fighting skills back and starts kicking serious ass.

As much as i want to, i cant dislike Roose Bolton, is there something wrong with me? :dunno:

I agree with you, Danny's already turning into her father.

Yeah, Jaime's awesome. I would love it if he ends up killing " Aegon " .

Roose is one of my favorite characters. When you think about it, he's not much worse than the other lords of Westeros. He's just as ambitious as the rest of them.

Ramsay on the other hand... KILL IT WITH FIRE! :devil:

The show shows there wedding night as rape but the book does not. I understand that you may interpret it differently to me however i am sure he actually asks her for consent. He explicitly asks her, “No?” when about to begin penetrative intercourse and she explicitly provides her consent, saying, “Yes.”

Edit:

I just looked it up in the book page 103 in soft cover GoT and i think if you reread it then you will see my point.

I said the first few weeks of their marriage not the wedding night. And as I said it doesn't matter how you define what Drogo did, what matters is that he hurt her. And I reread the series a lot of times.

Yet every night, some time before the dawn, Drogo would come to her tent and wake her in the dark, to ride her as relentlessly as he rode his stallion. He always took her from behind, Dothraki fashion, for which Dany was grateful; that way her lord husband could not see the tears that wet her face, and she could use her pillow to muffle her cries of pain.

Archived