Sansa will be too good to pass up for Aegon

Lord Damian

Aegon, the false dragon, will marry...Margary Tyrell.

The Tyrell's have no claim to the thrown with Tommen dead. Wilas is Kingsguard and Garlan is already married, Wilas is single. The only piece Cersei will have left it Myrcella. Myrcella could be declared queen, Trystan King, and the Tyrells will need to find another king for Margary to marry. Lucky for them one just took Storm's End.

Myrcella and Trystan VS. Margary and Aegon

Here's how I've envisioned a conversation between Griff and Young Griff on this exact topic:

(I'm copy-pasting myself from one old thread...)

AEGON: Now, for the candidate number three...

JON CONNINGTON: Ah, Margaery Tyrell. A beautiful young woman, and brings a hundred thousand swords as her dowry.

- Maiden?

- Aye. Well... thrice wed, but still maiden.

- Wait... what?! Thrice wed?

- ...and still maiden. Yes, Your Grace.

- So, what happened to her first husband?

- That would be King Renly. Assassinated, I'm afraid.

- And her second one?

- King Joffrey. Murdered at his own wedding feast, the poor boy.

- Yikes! The third husband?

- Ah, King Tommen. Not very lucky, either. Lost the throne, when abandoned by his most powerful ally... Mace Tyrell.

- Tyrell? You mean Margaery's father? My prospective father-in-law?

- That's the one. So you can see, it's a very promising match. By the way, one Lord Walder Frey offered to host the wedding...

Here's how I've envisioned a conversation between Griff and Young Griff on this exact topic:

(I'm copy-pasting myself from one old thread...)

AEGON: Now, for the candidate number three...

JON CONNINGTON: Ah, Margaery Tyrell. A beautiful young woman, and brings a hundred thousand swords as her dowry.

- Maiden?

- Aye. Well... thrice wed, but still maiden.

- Wait... what?! Thrice wed?

- ...and still maiden. Yes, Your Grace.

- So, what happened to her first husband?

- That would be King Renly. Assassinated, I'm afraid.

- And her second one?

- King Joffrey. Murdered at his own wedding feast, the poor boy.

- Yikes! The third husband?

- Ah, King Tommen. Not very lucky, either. Lost the throne, when abandoned by his most powerful ally... Mace Tyrell.

- Tyrell? You mean Margaery's father? My prospective father-in-law?

- That's the one. So you can see, it's a very promising match. By the way, one Lord Walder Frey offered to host the wedding...

When they play the Rains of Castemere . . . . start running

It is well understood that the Riverlands are in shambles. the North is in the beginning of Winter but it is still one half of the land mass and a huge part of the overall 7 kingdoms. The vale and Dorne have not been touched by war. Dorne should go to Aegon outright because of his claimed birth (along with enough circumstantial evidence). Lets remember that Quentin is dead, burned alive by Dany's dragons. He is not coming. At this point, Dany is not marrage material for a prince of Dorne. Tristain is too young, another Tommen and he does not really matter now. IF you are Aegon or any other conquering king for that matter, the sooner you marry and put an heir in your Queen's belly, the better. Dany is not coming yet and Aegon/Griff is not patient therefore he is not going to want to wait very long at all. Aegon needs allies and he needs their troops now! The Tyrells have 2 huge problems: 1 - it appears that the iron born have launced a full scale invasion or expeditionary force into the reach that may well threaten highgarden itself. 2- Margeary's trial which will be tried by the high septon himself and will not involve a trial by combat. Kevan hints in his one and only chapter that he doubts Margeary's innocence, leaving a good possibility of her conviction and swift death. Even if she is innocent, the Tyrells will be the only ones left to fight off Aegon and there is speculation that some Tyrell bannermen may switch sides and possibly have had ongoing contact with Aegon's faction for years. From a strategic point of view, if the Vale forces can come south towards the crownlands and the Dornish/Aegon allies come from the south and southeast, the crown will be caught in a pincer. The Vale will want something for joining Aegon and Littlefinger is "the Vale" right now.

IMO (and based on the Arianne chapter that was read), Sansa is #3 on the list of potential suitors for Aegon:

1. Dany T. (as mentioned by JonCon), Aegon must be ready to marry if Dany returns to Westeros

2. Arianne (who is on her way to meet Aegon)

3. Sansa Stark

Let's not forget that Aegon doesn't even know of Sansa and that even if they were to marry there is no guarantee Sansa would be able to raise the armies of the Vale (or whats left of the northern forces), so in war, a marriage to Sansa may make less sense then let's say Arianne who could guarantee the support of Dorne.

You're conveniently forgetting about Margaery, who wouldn't hesitate to join with Aegon. She got Sansa to take the fall for her when she is involved in murdering Joffrey, so I doubt she'd hesitate to kill Tommen if it came down to it. I'm betting Aegon marries Margaery in exchange for the Tyrells opening King's Landing for Aegon's Army. He'll reason since the original Aegon had two wives, he will as well and have Dany as his when she comes.

You're conveniently forgetting about Margaery, who wouldn't hesitate to join with Aegon. She got Sansa to take the fall for her when she is involved in murdering Joffrey, so I doubt she'd hesitate to kill Tommen if it came down to it. I'm betting Aegon marries Margaery in exchange for the Tyrells opening King's Landing for Aegon's Army. He'll reason since the original Aegon had two wives, he will as well and have Dany as his when she comes.

Not a bad theory, It will depend on all of the the shit hitting the fan with Kevan's murder and the trials of Margeary and Cersei. Ser Robert Stong is Cerecei's trump card. He might go on a killing spree in the Red Keep.

... He'll reason since the original Aegon had two wives, he will as well and have Dany as his when she comes.

If Aegon reasons that Dany will have him even though he already has a wife, than he is just as mad as Aerys. Jon Connington said quite clearly that Aegon needs to remain free for Daenerys.

At least Jon Connington is not delusional - and has plans that don't include marriage just to get into King's Landing. Varys is in King's Landing. He'll open the gates for Aegon without insisting on a marriage.

I'm assuming you meant flaws, though I didn't understand it the first time I read it. Guessing you're not a native English speaker--which is cool--I wish I could write in another language half so well :).

As to your arguments:

1. GRRM is quite logical in his writing and gives clues for most major events, including RW, PW, Jon's betrayal, etc. He doesn't just do anything. His story is quite structured. So no, I don't think he will just make this happen.

2. Rickon is more likely to come back and be seated in WF than Sansa--who is a Lannister at present--and who Robb specifically disinherited in his will. So there will be Rickon, Bran (I think he will come back to WF), and Jon, who Robb names his heir in he will that's making its way north. Sansa is not the best candidate, and she is less likely to be named IMO than Rickon. Or less likely to have Northmen followers anyway.

3. The North is huge, but desolate. And winter has finally arrived. It would be stupid to go North when Aegon needs KL, Dorne, and Highgarden first. He's not going to go North anytime soon. It makes no sense to do so. Lannisters have put the Boltons in charge, who aren't currently fighting any northerners--I.e., from the perspective of those in the south, Boltons and ironborn can fight it out til here's a victor. In the meantime Aegon has enough to worry about in the more populous, richer, warmer south. So no, I haven't forgotten, I just don't see size as a marker of importance.

4. JCon has said Aegon must be free to marry Dany. He won't council otherwise, and neither will Carys. She has dragons. The whole idea was to go to Westeros and prove himself "worthy" of her. He will wait til he talks to her to marry, at which point she will probably declare war on him, making any ideas of marriage -- to anyone -- moot.

5. How would he meet Sansa? He won't fall in love bc he won't have a chance to meet her. She'll be up north, he'll be down south. The odds of them meeting are miniscule.

6. Varys won't be for the marriage bc he knows he will need Dany (and especially, her dragons) on Aegons side and the only way to do that is to marry her. It wouldn't be a great way to make peace bc Dang would flip the fuck out murder his ass--and Sansas--if Aegon married her and declared himself king. Varys knows this. He's too smart to make such a doomed match.

7. Exactly.

Yes, of course, I meant flaws. As I have already said few times on the forum (as my apology or defense), that I'm not a native and that English is not even my second language, so sorry for mistakes and thanks for your tolerance and understanding.

Well, your post is very logical, so I agree with you. Unfortunately, I do not usually see a lot of foreshadowing or clues for could-be-events (just after those events I realize sometimes that there was a symbolic foreshadowing or a clue), so a lot of things seem unexpected, as well as the results of those events. Therefore, Sansa meeting (somehow) Aegon, doesn't seem so unnatural for me as well.

About Rickon: I do not know what will happen, but it is true that everyone thinks that there is no Stark male heir. I hope, of course, that he will return.

Winter has come, yes, and the North would be soon isolated, but I think that the ruler of the North should be important for a king, but I suspect that there will come a lot of time before the king (or a queen) will take some action or make decisions about the North, due to wars and all that mess, which is going on in the South.

Tyrion has played an exceptional trick, when he convinced the boy about going to Westeros to prove he is worthy of the queen and mother of dragons. But now I actually doubt that Dany will like him at all or that she will want to marry for duty (besides she thinks she can't have children and they need an heir anyway). Those are just my assumptions, no more.

But I totally agree with you that everyone knows (JCon, Varys, even Aegon, as well as Dorn) that they need Dany. I think the ones that have her on their side, will win the throne, but I'm afraid that by the time she will come eventually to Westeros, there won't be a kingdom anymore, with all those wars, distractions, winter with no food and with fanatic faith military power so strong, not mentioning Mel with her R'holl (or whatever his name is)and Stannis in the North. And it is also doubtful that her dragons are 100% positive thing for people anywhere.

By and large I agree with you.

Yes, of course, I meant flaws. As I have already said few times on the forum (as my apology or defense), that I'm not a native and that English is not even my second language, so sorry for mistakes and thanks for your tolerance and understanding.

Well, your post is very logical, so I agree with you. Unfortunately, I do not usually see a lot of foreshadowing or clues for could-be-events (just after those events I realize sometimes that there was a symbolic foreshadowing or a clue), so a lot of things seem unexpected, as well as the results of those events. Therefore, Sansa meeting (somehow) Aegon, doesn't seem so unnatural for me as well.

About Rickon: I do not know what will happen, but it is true that everyone thinks that there is no Stark male heir. I hope, of course, that he will return.

Winter has come, yes, and the North would be soon isolated, but I think that the ruler of the North should be important for a king, but I suspect that there will come a lot of time before the king (or a queen) will take some action or make decisions about the North, due to wars and all that mess, which is going on in the South.

Tyrion has played an exceptional trick, when he convinced the boy about going to Westeros to prove he is worthy of the queen and mother of dragons. But now I actually doubt that Dany will like him at all or that she will want to marry for duty (besides she thinks she can't have children and they need an heir anyway). Those are just my assumptions, no more.

But I totally agree with you that everyone knows (JCon, Varys, even Aegon, as well as Dorn) that they need Dany. I think the ones that have her on their side, will win the throne, but I'm afraid that by the time she will come eventually to Westeros, there won't be a kingdom anymore, with all those wars, distractions, winter with no food and with fanatic faith military power so strong, not mentioning Mel with her R'holl (or whatever his name is)and Stannis in the North. And it is also doubtful that her dragons are 100% positive thing for people anywhere.

By and large I agree with you.

Jeez--I just re-read my post--so many errors! And I am a native speaker! I would like to blame my iPad, but there are plenty of non--autocorrect errors. Sorry about that. And I was being 100% serious re your English language skills. I wish I could write in another language--and to do so as well as you do, in a language that's neither your first or second, is seriously impressive. Honestly--you rock. If you don't mind my asking, what are your first two languages?

1. Aegon might marry someone when he hears that Dany has married again, missing or dead.

2. Margeary might be found quilty and lose her head. If this happened the Tyrells would no longer be tied to the iron throne. and nothing would unite the sun and flower quiet so much as a mutual hated of lions

3. I think Vary's knows about Littlefinger having sansa. I remember Ser Dontos saying that Vary's pays good coin for bits of information concerning joffery. Also his little birds will report that he bought a bastard to the errie, and will likely put two and two together.

4. Sansa would be the able to reconcile with throne to the north & riverlands. If aegon was forced to conquer the north, with Moat Calin and winter he would lose lots of troops. Plus the northern lords would prefer to be married to the iron throne through sansa then anything stannis has to offer.

Tommen is 8 . . . and not close to the monster that Joffrey was. Plus the Queen of Thorns had to leave and I don't think Mace or Garland have it in them to partake in murdering an innocent child. I think they like him very much alive as a puppet of a king they can control at will now that Cersei is disgraced and Kevan is dead.

Tommen is 8 . . . and not close to the monster that Joffrey was. Plus the Queen of Thorns had to leave and I don't think Mace or Garland have it in them to partake in murdering an innocent child. I think they like him very much alive as a puppet of a king they can control at will now that Cersei is disgraced and Kevan is dead.

Well, you have to think about other factors that may possibly happen. What if Aegon starts attacking the Tyrells at Highgarden, and will stop for fealty? What if the Euron almost sacks Highgarden, but Aegon comes in and saves the day. What if the Boltons are overthrown in the North and the Freys are all brutally murdered by soldiers from the Vale, and thus the Lannister Alliance would be basically done for? What if Dorne and the Vale/the Riverlands join with Aegon, and not wanting for their house to also go extinct, they open the gates and swear fealty. No one would take any joy in offing Tommen like they did Joffrey, but its something that would have to be done. Margeary is not as innocent as we are lead to believe, and I wouldn't put it past her to kill Tommen to end up on the winning team.

Well, you have to think about other factors that may possibly happen. What if Aegon starts attacking the Tyrells at Highgarden, and will stop for fealty? What if the Euron almost sacks Highgarden, but Aegon comes in and saves the day. What if the Boltons are overthrown in the North and the Freys are all brutally murdered by soldiers from the Vale, and thus the Lannister Alliance would be basically done for? What if Dorne and the Vale/the Riverlands join with Aegon, and not wanting for their house to also go extinct, they open the gates and swear fealty. No one would take any joy in offing Tommen like they did Joffrey, but its something that would have to be done. Margeary is not as innocent as we are lead to believe, and I wouldn't put it past her to kill Tommen to end up on the winning team.

I am not saying she is innocent at all. All your scenarios are plausible but let's not forget one thing. The Tyrells alone have 100,000 men which is 10x Aegon's numbers and Paxter Redwyne's fleet is larger than that of Euron, the Tyrells can hold King's Landing and rescue Highgarden at once. Letting the Lannister alliance crumble is probably a good thing for the Tyrells too as they would truly control the King and the Kingdoms. As far as the Vale is concerned, the lords declarant will not raise their banners if Sansa is not revealed and married to Harry to Heir (i.e. they won't do it for Littlefinger) hence, the support of the Knights of the Vale for any cause in war prevents Sansa from marrying Aegon.

It doesn't matter as long as he wins. If he wins the throne people won't call him a fake whatever they think: kings tend to retaliate to slander.

People won't stop calling him fake just because he marries Dany. It is the dragons he wants because that is what he lacks.

In case you do not remember: the North is as big as all other of seven kingdoms altogether, so, unless Aegon is an idiot, he will be bothered by the situation in the North.

The North is big. Problem is that it's mostly empty and rather cold. It's a frontier, something that keeps the kingdom(s) safe from the wildlings and those imaginary snarks and Others. Its main economic contribution appears to be silver and fish. It doesn't have a lot of available troops left to put into battle. What troops it DOES have seem to be a bit busy fighting among themselves at the moment. Whoever wins control over the north and/or deals with Stannis is likely to become the new Warden of the North and wind up getting all the taxes and whatnot that the Starks had been getting for all those years.

Look at it in terms of European history. Franco was a fascist, who'd been backed by Hitler and Mussolini. Because he hadn't gone to war with the rest of Europe to support his all-but-allies, they never overthrew him at the end of WW2. He remained in power as a rather cruel and brutal dictator until 1973.

What I'm getting at is, there's no reason that whoever wins in the South can't recognize the winner up north and bring them back into the Seven Kingdoms. By force if necessary, but preferably not. Doesn't really matter if it's someone we'd deem a "good guy." It's better to control the North than have it as an independent kingdom to share a border with. But it IS pretty much the least valuable part of Westeros. Though honestly, the Vale is up there too.

• 1 month later...

After Manderley and Stannis decimate the Boltons and re-claim Winterfell, Sansa will rule as Queen of the North, as reagent, until Rickon is of age to rule in his own right. It is know.

She needs her marriage to Tyrion annulled first though, 'coz if she's not, Tyrion will be King in the North, too :ack: .

The only way for westeros to be divided between Jon and Danerys is by Jon marrying Sansa and ruling

as King in the North while Dany rules the southern kingdoms. Sansa will be the Heir to winterfell at that point bc Rickon will be killed it would be a very dull story to have a little boy running around the north tryin to secure support of his houses banner men all while a similar event is happening in the south with the Aegon blackfyre Grrm showed us that Arya is close to

Jon were as Sansa frequently tries to distance herself from him. Its also worth noting the parallels

between the relationship little finger had with catlyn and what could happen between Sansa and Jon.

When sansa finds out that Jon is her cousin not her brother , dont you think Jon is her type?

we know jon loves beautiful women with hair kissed by fire. I think Dany will Marry Jorah Mormont

hes the only one other than Drogo that loved her for the woman she is not Because shes a Dragon Queen.

Aegon is a fake and wont Marry any of the Pov Charecters or anyone significant for that matter. He

will be exposed by whoever witnessed the real Aegon Infant smashed against the wall.

The only way for westeros to be divided between Jon and Danerys is by Jon marrying Sansa and ruling

as King in the North while Dany rules the southern kingdoms. Sansa will be the Heir to winterfell at that point bc Rickon will be killed it would be a very dull story to have a little boy running around the north tryin to secure support of his houses banner men all while a similar event is happening in the south with the Aegon blackfyre Grrm showed us that Arya is close to

Jon were as Sansa frequently tries to distance herself from him. Its also worth noting the parallels

between the relationship little finger had with catlyn and what could happen between Sansa and Jon.

When sansa finds out that Jon is her cousin not her brother , dont you think Jon is her type?

we know jon loves beautiful women with hair kissed by fire. I think Dany will Marry Jorah Mormont

hes the only one other than Drogo that loved her for the woman she is not Because shes a Dragon Queen.

Aegon is a fake and wont Marry any of the Pov Charecters or anyone significant for that matter. He

will be exposed by whoever witnessed the real Aegon Infant smashed against the wall.

I seriously doubt Jon will fall in love with Sansa or any of his family members. That's sick, especially since they were raised as siblings. And everybody who witness Aegon's head being smashed against the wall(Gregor and Amory) is dead. Naturally, several characters will accuse Aegon of being fake but there's no real way to prove that he is fake unless it comes directly from the mouth of Varys or Illyrio.

They arent siblings and have never been close , you and i might both think its sick but it is something thats been normalised in Grrms writing.

As for Aegon being exposed by the witness of the infantcide . i doubt Gregor or Amory went around boasting about what happened yet we know of the details of how they were killed from another source. I remember reading that Tywin Lanister presented the bodies to Robert Baratheon so it may be the case that someone that could identify the bodies can bare witness to real Aegon being dead.

Archived