Anime IV - new SUMMER animu and guff

jurble

I got Trigun and Baccano for Christmas.

I liked Trigun but my main problem with it was the huge shift in tone after we got the backstory on who Vash the stampede was. Oh great Caine and Able in space haven't seen that before. When it worked it worked really well.

Baccano I can't recommend enough I think Issac and Miriam are my two favorite charecters out of all the anime I have seen in recent memory. Ladd Russo gets a mention even though I don't go for psychopath all that much. The I liked that its narrative structure was like a Quentin Tarantino. It really has it all supernatural, humor and hyper violence.

You have to love Isaac and Miria's crackpot logic. To prevent people from entering the musuem they steal the door, which turns the place into a crime scene, thus preventing people from entering.

Baccano I can't recommend enough I think Issac and Miriam are my two favorite charecters out of all the anime I have seen in recent memory. Ladd Russo gets a mention even though I don't go for psychopath all that much. The I liked that its narrative structure was like a Quentin Tarantino. It really has it all supernatural, humor and hyper violence.

One of my favorites. Though it is lighter in tone (in comparison) and has a younger cast, you might want to check out Durarara!!, which was written (both in terms of the light novels the series were based on and the screenwriting) and directed by the same people.

Also found Natsume Yojin-cho. Two seasons of it. I enjoyed it greatly. It's slow paced, gentle, and very touching without going emo. It features yokai's but it is not the typical demon-slaying trope. It's a very good series.

I saw the first episode a while ago and it has been on my list ever since, but I haven't been able to get around to watching more. Seems like something always comes along to distract me. There are actually four seasons of this, if you are wanting more. Natsume Yujin-cho San is the third and Natsume Yujin-cho Shi is the fourth.

I saw the first episode a while ago and it has been on my list ever since, but I haven't been able to get around to watching more. Seems like something always comes along to distract me. There are actually four seasons of this, if you are wanting more. Natsume Yujin-cho San is the third and Natsume Yujin-cho Shi is the fourth.

I found the series very affecting and touching. Gentle is the word I'd use. It soothes the soul. Unlike say,Kill la Kill, where while fun, my brain sort of hurts from the over stimulation.

And thanks for the note. I was wondering if there'd be more. Crunchyrol doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get those episodes, then. Will have to look elsewhere.

I found the series very affecting and touching. Gentle is the word I'd use. It soothes the soul. Unlike say,Kill la Kill, where while fun, my brain sort of hurts from the over stimulation.

And thanks for the note. I was wondering if there'd be more. Crunchyrol doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get those episodes, then. Will have to look elsewhere.

Ah, Crunchyroll includes San with the first two seasons. Shi is separate.

Oh I see. Thanks for the heads up.

In other news, started watching Moyu (7 episdoes in). It comes across as real-politics revealed in the guise of a good-v-evil struggle set in a generic Japanized-Western Medieval world, complete with full expositions on the nature of war and conflicts.

Oh I see. Thanks for the heads up.

In other news, started watching Moyu (7 episdoes in). It comes across as real-politics revealed in the guise of a good-v-evil struggle set in a generic Japanized-Western Medieval world, complete with full expositions on the nature of war and conflicts.

Is that the one with the demon-lord and agriculture and stuff?

I found it highly problematic and simplified.

Just watched Wolf Children.
After a slow start, this turned out to be nice little anime film. Not so little in terms of running time by the way.
It was interesting, and I liked what they did with it.

Is that the one with the demon-lord and agriculture and stuff?

I found it highly problematic and simplified.

Well, yes, it's digested for the expected anime watchers, complete with boobs distraction.

I find it to be a nice change of pace in terms of story-telling. Very didatic and expositional, to be sure.

Samurai Flamenco is predictable in its unpredictability. You may not know what will happen with the next plot twist, but you know that it will happen roughly every three to four episodes.

I like that the series commented on it in the latest episode, with Masayoshi's doppelganger saying that the phase was about to end. Unfortunately, it being such a meta statement also lends support to the theory that this is all happening in Masayoshi's head. I hate that theory... if only because I desperately hope that the show doesn't end on such a lame twist.

• 2 weeks later...

It's meant to be disturbing. Dude's just transformed into a demon-king, and what better way to psychologically torture a dude he hates than by raping the woman he loves? Gutz literally runs on hatred for Griffith ever after.

....man, I forgot that Berserk anime ended on that note

it gets so much worse as the manga continued. You wouldn't think it could get any worse at certain points and then BAM .. next volume rolls out and you're just hiding in teh corner goin "whyyyyyyyyyyy why did this happen"

Its been ages and I still will just randomly go "Griffith u bastard!"

I've hit a bit of a slump recently with the exception of one serise (Ok I liked the OVA of The Irresponsable Captain Tyler) slogging through several that if they aren't awful they just aren't very good.

I don't get why so many people go crazy for Last Exile. I just don't like the main charecters all that much and the really confussing part is they set Claus and Lavie up as this potiential love story and Lavie goes off to be a repair person and almost disapears from the story entirely until the very end. I watch the show and I understand what Roger Ebert meant in his review of From Dusk Till Dawn. There were many times where I wanted to scream "no don't waste time on the main plot tell that other guy's story he was much more interesting"

The pilot they got the 7 star mission from in the first place

Or just the story of Claus and Lavie's fathers

Even if I didn't like it Last Exile for me was at least watchable the other serise I picked up Tide Line Blue is something that well words fail me think of every anime cliche you have ever seen and put it on a submarine and you have this show. Not utterly pointless at least the Ostrich made me laugh but Keel is like a retarded version of one of the Elric brothers and I couldn't get past it.

I have a couple of freash leads though heard good things about Planet of the Beast King.

Last Exile is all about presentation. The actual story is nothing special, but it just looks so damn good. (and especially so at release) it's all the little things, the music, the sepia-toned colour palette, etc.

....man, I forgot that Berserk anime ended on that note

it gets so much worse as the manga continued. You wouldn't think it could get any worse at certain points and then BAM .. next volume rolls out and you're just hiding in teh corner goin "whyyyyyyyyyyy why did this happen"

Its been ages and I still will just randomly go "Griffith u bastard!"

Dunno, the manga's been really up-beat for a while now. Though, that means everyone is probably going to die.

Archived