GOODKIND III

Werthead

Originally posted by TheMountainGoat But then our hero does the old switchero so he ends up with Kahlan, only she does not realise and thinking it is the other guy really goes for it like the outrageous whore she truly is - yes folks she has sex with what she thinks is a total stranger and does not realise it is her own husband simply because it is too dark to see!

I was eleven when I read that book, and I remember wondering if Goodkind had plagerized from a Dannielle Steele novel...

[mod] I hate to be the killjoy, but... I hope the people doing quotes from TG's books are remembering to stick to the 'fair use' guidelines? [/mod]

"If Richard didn't claim me, and I got pregnant, then I'd say it was his and he'd marry me because it could be his. If I didn't get pregnant, and he wouldn't claim me, well, then, there was still Michael. I figured second best was better than none."

:sick:

What is wrong with the women in TG's books? :rolleyes:

Instead of "speak friend and enter" it would have said "fuck friend and enter"

That would not have only gotten you in the mines, it would have let you enter somewhere else, too. (wait, they're all guys in LOTR....)

I'd say that since TG has about 10 books out, there is no way we are exceeding the substanciation limits by quoting random passages from them. Also, this is not for profit, it is for purpose of review and criticism, which also falls under fair use. There is no way that TG quotes in this forum, and done as they have been, will ever impact negatively on the selling price of his novels.

I think that so far we are the very picture of fair use. IANAL.

the quotes yes, but what about all the reactions?! :lol:

Hey, you can't sue a critic for a bad review. :)

One thing we must SERIOUSLY think about, however, for I know not how well we would live with ourselves if as a result of the butterfly effect this were to come to pass: SoT might get moved to the comedy section at the bookstore.

Food for thought.

Food for thought.

Brava Mormie. I too think we are OK on the fair use, although I agree that the excerpts are on the long end of the scale.

Speaking of excepts -- Mad Ghanian, you simply MUST post the excerpt where Kahlan goes all Con Dar on those two thugs in WFR.

Okay, one quote got away from me and went too long. Fine.

I may take the weekend off from the Quote of the Day, but the Con Dar bit is a good one. I'll post it next, thanks for the recommendation.

Okay, one quote got away from me and went too long. Fine.

I may take the weekend off from the Quote of the Day, but the Con Dar bit is a good one. I'll post it next, thanks for the recommendation.

:grouphug:

we fully appreciate your efforts. in this rampantly litigious society, though, one must be careful to keep the joy within the bounds of Yeardi parody. Heh.

:grouphug:

we fully appreciate your efforts. in this rampantly litigious society, though, one must be careful to keep the joy within the bounds of Yeardi parody. Heh.

No jury would ever convict me. Especially if Goodkind himself were to take the stand. Its a dream I have.

Archived