GOODKIND III

Werthead

Mystar, I actually thought that the review was quite well thought out and reasoned (his comments about Publishers Weekly show this quite well)... he may be a little harsh in places, but still consistant with his apparent attitude to reviewing - some folk deliberately give harsh writeups to everything.

The guy was apparently a Goodkind fan as well in the past. He gave the same rating to Wizards First Rule as he did to Bakker's The Warrior Prophet :sick:

I just can't seem to make sense of that.

I haven't read it either, but keep in mind that every quote besides the Betty one in the "quote of the day" series has come from Wizard's First Rule. The review for the Warrior Prophet was pretty favorable, I just don't understand how you could rate authors of such disparate skill levels in terms of actually writing as producing the same quality work. I guess this is the problem with assigning a number/letter to reviews.

again that is because you can't find the point of the message... Which has not surprised me in the least.

YOu peopl eare like dog's chasing your tails for lack of being able to find the bone.

All right. Seeing as I don't participate in these discussions that much, and am a really keen, curious and inquisitive mind, I'd like to ask you, mystar, a direct, serious and honest question, which I'd like you to answer in an argumented, reasonable and intelectually factual way based solely on evidence provided in the writing. I am ready and willing to listen. Hell, maybe it'll change my life, too.

What is the point of the message given in the paragraph?

again that is because you can't find the point of the message...
It seemed to me that Mr Goodkind was big on the notion of free will and personal responsibility, and as such promoted individual interpretation of his exceedingly well written, clear, powerful, almost messianic prose, and would frown if we ever adopted en masse whatever doctrine an enraged fanboy is defending in his name, without any official recognition, all over Internet.

I say that you, mystar, are actually a fraud trying to defame the good name of Mr Goodkind by trolling over multiple forums with you insults and your questionable logic, and you're also an enemy of freedom for trying to force us into adopting your beliefs about the real meaning of the great non-fantasy stories Mr Goodkind created.

I have never read any of Goodkinds books, and usually reading it with great amusement is as close as I get to this topic, but...

that is because you can't find the point of the message

Now, I always thought that if a point did not come across to readers, the writer can only blame him/herself.

again that is because you can't find the point of the message... Which has not surprised me in the least.

YOu peopl eare like dog's chasing your tails for lack of being able to find the bone.

I did find a point to his message. That to fight evil you must be evil. It is one that I entirely disagree with. If there is another message in there the blame is on Goodkind’s poor writing skills.

In any communication there are 4 components.

The Sender – Goodkind

The Message – Kahlen mulitating a person entirely under her control

The Receive - me

Feedback – My understanding is that Goodkind believe that to fight evil you must be evil. If I misunderstand the message, communicate again in a differerent way what I'm missing. Insults don't help understanding

So what other message that I’m missing? If you want me to like Goodkind, explain it to me. I’m willing to listen. I’ve apologized before for missing someone’s point, once might even have been in this thread.

I got the point allright. I was on the subway this morning, and there was this little kid, maybe 3 or 4 years old, that was crying like a little bitch. He kept up the squealing for several minutes. Unfortunately, the little shit was just out of reach of my right foot.

The guy was apparently a Goodkind fan as well in the past. He gave the same rating to Wizards First Rule as he did to Bakker's The Warrior Prophet :sick:

I just can't seem to make sense of that.

:eek:

Now that's something...

I got the point allright. I was on the subway this morning, and there was this little kid, maybe 3 or 4 years old, that was crying like a little bitch. He kept up the squealing for several minutes. Unfortunately, the little shit was just out of reach of my right foot.

too bad. I beat the crap out of one the other day on my way back to Brooklyn. Then I barfed on her head, because I was a little loopy with a hangover.

Thanks for posting this. When this monster grows up and commits the first in what's sure to be a long line of atrocities we'll be able to trace the fault back to you and your inaction.

I say that you, mystar, are actually a fraud trying to defame the good name of Mr Goodkind by trolling over multiple forums with you insults and your questionable logic, and you're also an enemy of freedom for trying to force us into adopting your beliefs about the real meaning of the great non-fantasy stories Mr Goodkind created.

Very good, Errant Bard. Touche!

Richard is immune to Kahlan's power because "he already loves her more than life itself" or some cheesy line like that.

And that eating-the-genitals things just made me go, "Ewww!"

10 bucks says he won't answer that question.

Oh, and Zadok. I take this subway regularly. If I see that little hellspawn again, I'll be sure to correct my mistake. I'll wear steel-tipped army shoes all through summer just to be ready.

First paragrah from the Teen Review site:

"The newly released Chainfire is a thrilling addition to Terry Goodkind’s best-selling The Sword of Truth series, and the perfect final installment. Devoted fans have waited since 2003 for this ninth page-turner from the famous epic novelist. Every time, Goodkind sucks the reader into his world of heroic battles and unforgettable romance, making them appealing to everyone. His two-inch thick books always have a satisfying conclusion that makes his fans say, 'That was so good! There is no way he can write another like this one.'"

I think it should read more like this (with my own additions):

The newly released Chainfire is a thrilling addition to Terry Goodkind’s best-selling The Sword of Truth series, and the perfect final installment. (More perfect than that one time at band camp…) Devoted fans (Re: Cultists) have waited since 2003 for this ninth page-turner from the famous epic novelist. (Page turning because we’re trying to get through it before our eyes melt) Every time, Goodkind sucks (See, she should have stopped right there…) the reader into his world of heroic battles and unforgettable romance, (Does her mother know the smut she’s been reading in these books?) making them appealing to everyone. (Except those with taste) His two-inch thick books (Oh wait, sorry, she said “booksâ€â€¦my mistake) always have a satisfying conclusion that makes his fans say, “That was so good! There is no way he can write another like this one.†(And we could only hope, yet he keeps churning them out…)

Archived