[SPOILERS] Breaking Bad - Final Season - Final Two Episodes

Mya Stone

Todd is just pure banality of evil isn't he? All this dead detachment, all quiet and polite, the little hint of a smile when Jesse on the video is talking about how he killed the kid.

Lydia too, in a way. Finicky little business woman. She'd ask them to kill Skyler without a second thought, just as long as she didn't have to see it, and there's no way it'd get back to her.

Walter is beyond Grey Matter though, I agree. His pride was pricked a bit when they dismissed his involvement in the company, but the hatred he has for Jack and his boys eclipses any resentment he still might have for Gretchen and Elliott.

Damn Todd is becoming one of my favourite sociopaths ever. The guy is so brutal. I'm assuming that scene was what Aaron Paul referred to as being the hardest he had to film.

I'd say there is 0 chance of Gray Matter being involved again. It was a clever ploy to show how what the Nazi's had done to Walt and his legacy was pretty much the same as what happened earlier in his career. I still hope he uses the ricin on Lydia and would be slightly disappointed at this point if he killed himself.

I did a rewatch, and as soon as Elliott and Gretchen start to dismiss Walter's input, his hands clench into fists. Its Grey Matter which has been hoisted up as part of his downfall. Right in his eyes are his failures; the people that he has brought together and brought to prominence and success, waving their hands and acting like he doesn't exist. I think that the real Easter egg hidden in the interview with the Schwartzes is the new charity that they have set up to assist recovering drug addicts. I think Walter, somehow, is going to use this as a front to get Skyler and the kids the money. All he really has to do is blackmail E and G in some way that they modify the charity to benefit those effected by addiction and drug crime, or hire Skyler to run the books on the charity as is, while paying her a ridiculously high salary. Revenge is a good goal along the way, Grey Matter is a means to an endpoint; a road by which he could get his family the cash they deserve. They may never even know that Walt got it to them.

The Schwarz interview is purely about ego, legacy and pride.

It highlighted the parallels between Walt's lost drug empire and his 'lost' legit empire. He doesn't want to become the loser twice. That's the only reason he got pumped up again.

It's not about money or family or Jesse or even revenge. The phone call with Jr. made that abundantly clear. What use is all that money if his family doesn't want it? As for Jesse, he pretty much closed the door for reconciliation when he ordered for Jesse's execution AND twisted the knife by admitting he let Jane die.

It's all about the Heisenberg brand. More than anything, Walt craves recognition.

I don't think you can really cut Walt's reaction to the Gretchen/Elliott thing into either a) he hates Gray Matter and is freaking out solely because of that or b.) he doesn't care about Gray Matter at all and just wants to go kill/save Jesse and wreak vengeance upon the Neo-Nazis. It's definitely a combination. Walt was giving up. He called the police, told them who he was, and went to have a drink while he waited for the consequences. The show with Gray Matter was a catalyst. It basically made him realize that he doesn't just want to give up, but that he wants to "go out on his own terms", as others have stated, and the show did so by striking a particular chord with him; Gray Matter was an "empire" he lost his chance on. But the meth business is still something he can influence. The show has systematically removed anything meaningful from his life. All that's left is his legacy (and, in my opinion, his connection to Jesse, the only "family" that he can still, in whatever way, repair...however loosely you want to use that term). I would definitely be surprised if he actually attacks Gray Matter in some way. Not saying it's impossible, as there's almost no line I can't see the writers crossing (aside from, like, killing Walt's entire family), but I'd be very surprised. It just seems unnecessary. As Nestor was saying, the core of this show is really the relationship between Jesse and Walt. They're the two main characters. Their story, and their journey together, has been the primary driving force of the entire series when you look at it from a distance. So to suddenly get into stuff with Gray Matter (when there's barely an hour left to deal with Jesse, Todd, Lydia, the Nazis, and Walt's family) just seems like too much to me.

I honestly have no clue whether Walt's gonna kill Jesse for using his recipe, or rescue him. Five seasons, the two main protagonists, and I have no friggin idea. This show.

Right now I'm wondering if Walt will save Jesse - by killing him. I could see Walt and Jesse teaming up to defeat Todd and the neo-Nazis (I want to see Jesse kill Todd!), then in the aftermath, I could see Jesse just wanting to die. Walt hands Jesse the ricin, Jesse sprinkles some in his drink and takes a large swallow...and that's the last we see of him. :(

Right now I'm wondering if Walt will save Jesse - by killing him. I could see Walt and Jesse teaming up to defeat Todd and the neo-Nazis (I want to see Jesse kill Todd!), then in the aftermath, I could see Jesse just wanting to die. Walt hands Jesse the ricin, Jesse sprinkles some in his drink and takes a large swallow...and that's the last we see of him. :(

This is for Andrea, bitch!

Francis and tyweezel basically said what I want to say.

I think it's ridiculous that people actually think Walter is going to go after E&G. But he was obviously extremely worked up when they discredited his contribution well before they mentioned the blue meth on the streets. In 5a Walter revealed to us that the whole Gray Matter deal was one of his major motivating factors for trying to run a drug empire. And he told the story in full Heisenberg tone. When he watched that show and saw them figuratively castrate him, his Heisenberg side got inflamed and he felt he had to get back into it. He's still going after the white supremacists, not GM.

And yes, the mention of the meth on the streets is going to affect how he approaches this, for sure. It will even motivate him to get there and free Jesse. (Not that they can reforge their relationship, there's zero chance of that now.) But the main driver, IMO, was the insult to his pride.

Good points about GM. I really don't know what he'll do at this point. Pride is always twisted up with whatever action he takes, for sure. He still may do something for his family, even though they won't take the money. There is one person who can't make a decision on the money because they are too young: Holly. I just don't think he's ready to admit the lie that this was all done for his family. It's consistently been both his excuse for criminality and the limits of his strange moral code. Thus he'll give even Jesse over for torture, but will give up his 80 million to save Hank's life.

I'd love to see both a Walter/Schwartzes and a Walter/Jesse confrontation. I just don't know that there is time for it. We're pretty much guranteed that Walter will face Jesse again. I'd also like to see Jesse kill Todd. Lastly, I'd like to Badger and Skinny Pete again, hahah. My dream ending would be Jesse setting up the blue meth business again with those 2. The return of the Captain! Walt's gonna die no matter what. In fact, shooting him is pointless. BTW, one of the greatest moments of the show was some street bum going all fanboy on Jesse, calling him the Captain.

I don't recall anybody ever calling him Captain... when was this?

Not exactly. Back when he was still putting the moves on Jane as "Jesse Jackson", some random guy driving buy called out and said something like "You're Pinkman, right?"

Unless there is a different moment.

couple of random points:

-did anyone find it hilarious how it immediately transitioned from Walt smacking the hanging light to the opening theme? There's something about that transition timing that I found especially funny, but I can't explain it

-I never missed Mike more than I did when Todd went to meet with Lydia, and he gave into her silly little paranoid rituals. I wanted him to grunt and say "sigh... I guess I'm coming to you", or "drink your... whatever"

-does anyone actually get their vacuum cleaners repaired... like... ever? Does that business actually make legit profits? If I were an IRS agent I would wonder how the hell a modest vacuum repair shop is raking in six to seven figures annually

-Vince Gilligan's teaser for next week's episode was "woodworking". Jack referred to Lydia's "coochie" as a "wood chipper". Could Vince be referring to Todd and Lydia? <3

-Do the emmys have a "best Star Trek episode proposal" category? Because I think we know who that goes to

Not exactly. Back when he was still putting the moves on Jane as "Jesse Jackson", some random guy driving buy called out and said something like "You're Pinkman, right?"

Unless there is a different moment.

No, different minor moment. I'm pretty sure the name Captain was used. It was some hobo/drug addict type, probaly one of his former customers. Pretty sure it was in a gas station parking lot as he's going out. Must have been somewhere in seasons 1 to 3. I'd remember if it was recent.

Well, there's a marathon Wednesday. I can find out then.

Archived