Which religion from ASOIAF would you take yourself?

A Bastard King

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know what you are asking here.

I'm just trying to get into the spirit of the thread and choose one of the religions from the books.

To me light is the thing most worthy of worship,

More than trees, made up characters, or water.

I wouldn't burn people, religions can reform and split into different factions.

Christianity for example has split into many different groups with their own seperate doctrines.

Either the Red God does not exist (a very real, even likely possibility) or he approves of Melisandre's and Stannis' bloody campaign, or he does not care one way or the other.

All three possibilities are roughly as likely as each other. And all three make R'hllor unworthy of respect, let alone worship.

Either the Red God does not exist (a very real, even likely possibility) or he approves of Melisandre's and Stannis' bloody campaign, or he does not care one way or the other.

Those are not the only 3 choices, Red God can exist and not approve of burning people. No god has spoken in the novels indicating how they wish to be worshipped.

Maybe the red God followers are extreme because the Doom damaged their society and they are reacting extremely.

You can paint a rosy picture of the Seven all you want but I bet they were a long way from civil when they were killing First Men and chopping down weirwoods

I'm confused why so many people are saying The Old Gods don't ask for sacrifices. Wasn't Craster sacrificing his sons to them? And didn't Lord Mormont say they were cruel gods?

I want to know more about the gods of old Valyria and some of the gods brought back from the Shadow (their statues are at the Mother of Mountains) before I could decide which I would follow.

I'm confused why so many people are saying The Old Gods don't ask for sacrifices. Wasn't Craster sacrificing his sons to them? And didn't Lord Mormont say they were cruel gods?

Craster was sacrificing them to the Others, the 'cold gods,' not the old gods. That sounded like a bad pun, but really, that's what his wives say.

Those are not the only 3 choices, Red God can exist and not approve of burning people. No god has spoken in the novels indicating how they wish to be worshipped.

Maybe the red God followers are extreme because the Doom damaged their society and they are reacting extremely.

You can paint a rosy picture of the Seven all you want but I bet they were a long way from civil when they were killing First Men and chopping down weirwoods

So you are proposing that R'hllor may exist and lend Melisandre powers while still disapproving of her choices?

I don't think that can work.

Or, in the present day, or likely before Aegon showed up, raping Septas and Silent Sisters, burning down Septs, and killing Septons any time they wanted to reave their enemies lands, which involves killing the commoners in horrible ways. And, what are the commoners? Oh ya, followers of the SEVEN.

The Old Gods don't seem to interested in what their followers do either as long as they don't break some arbitrary laws of hospitality. I don't know how Mel and Thoros would get along but thus far we've not see any strife between followers of R'hllor.

I want to know more about the gods of old Valyria and some of the gods brought back from the Shadow (their statues are at the Mother of Mountains) before I could decide which I would follow.

They stopped it like 500 years ago.

Archived