Is Tommen doomed?

lamna

A lot of people seem to treat the lad as though he was already dead. Does he have any hope of surviving and keeping his throne?

Edward III started his reign in a similar position, a mere puppet, but he went on to become one of England's most successful kings.

Yes, the poor boy is as good as dead. Kings losing thrones to a civil war seldom survive. And that's without starting as many blood feuds as the Lannisters did.

I will not believe in it... I will not... (echoing Aragorn at the Black Gates)

No, delusional I am, I came up with this crackpot idea. We need that boy to live. For the decency of this forum :)

I will not believe in it... I will not... (echoing Aragorn at the Black Gates)

No, delusional I am, I came up with this crackpot idea. We need that boy to live. For the decency of this forum :)

I know. But as you yourself said, it's crackpot. Crackpot focusing on prophecy at that, prophecy that isn't reliable.

My argument was based on realpolitik.

Sorry, but the little boy is a goner.

I know. But as you yourself said, it's crackpot. Crackpot focusing on prophecy at that, prophecy that isn't reliable.

My argument was based on realpolitik.

Sorry, but the little boy is a goner.

Oh, I know he is a goner, I just like the fuzzy feeling thinking otherwise provides me... :)

Check this thread lamma. It has nice discussion on the subject, yes mostly pointing that the King of Kittens will die.

Thanks for spreading the wisdom of my crackpot...

Oh, I know he is a goner, I just like the fuzzy feeling thinking otherwise provides me... :)

Thanks for spreading the wisdom of my crackpot...

Look now, even the one with the lengthy crackpot has accepted that the boy is a goner. :( Good for you. False hope will make the moment that much harder to bear when it hits.

Oh he dead, like so dead, like OMG dead, poor tommen.

Keep it a little gentle. :crying:

To quote some internet meme, "you know he dead." (Imagine this accompanied by a gif of Tommen doing some kind of giant fail.)

I would like it if he lived, though, purely because nobody thinks he will. And because someone needs to take care of all the stray kitties in King's Landing… Rhaenys might have done a good job with the help of Balerion, but it seems GRRM is a dog person. No more deaths for the cat-loving children!

Yeah, it's sad, but I think he will. The prophecy could be wrong of course, it is something all readers have been anticipating for years, so Martin could pull the rug from under our feet, but I don't think so, not with this.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

Tommen will sadly die. Poisoned by Tyene Sand, suffocated by Nymeria, fed to Drogon by Dany, or just killed in the general fighting, it won't be a pleasant read.

Archived