Is Tommen doomed?

lamna

I have this horrible mental picture of Patchface attacking her and gnawing at her skin, like Biter.

Given that Shireen has had nightmares about being attacked by dragons, I think she may be killed by the forces of either Aegon or Daenerys, possibly by dragonfire. She could be an accidental casualty; the dragons destroying a castle Shireen is in and she's killed by falling masonry or whatnot. I hope I'm wrong; she's another innocent imperiled by the actions of her parents and other relatives.

I think Tommen will be poisoned by Cersei in order to keep Aegon from killing him himself. And Myrcella, in my opinion will be killed by a Faceless Man hired by the Iron Bank to send Cersei Lannister a ominous message to pay up or risk the prophecy being fulfilled. I have a feeling that the Faceless Men knows about Maggy the Frog's prophecy, either through one of Vary's little birds or their own spies in the courts. But the prophecy fulfills itself later in the form of Jaime or a wighted Tommen, and Jon takes the throne.

Sending rivals to the Wall has been done before, and as far as I know nobody has used that successfully to raise and army and stake their claim.

He is also still very young. Genuine Imitation Aegon might foster him until he is old enough and then give him the Westerlands. He seems like he would respond well to that. Dead he might become a martyr, alive and he could be a useful asset.

Wouldn't it be funny if Aegon took the throne by right of conquest, then to show how he was better than the Lannisters who killed HIS family, let Tommen live? He could have Tommen legitimized as a proper Lannister, to shame Jaime and Cersei and the Lannister name, and to once and for all end any pretense that any of the children were ever Robert's or had any claim to the throne.

It would also have an effect of creating a badly needed heir to Casterly Rock; one that Aegon could control in Tommen. Seems a bit far fetched for any ruler who doesn't want to sleep with one eye open, but I could see Aegon doing it to start off his rule by distancing himself from the cruel reputation of his grandfather.

It's a kinda cool idea.

Poor little blighter, he has not got a chance considering Maggy's success rate: 100% so far. And it makes sense since fAegon is knocking at the door metaphorically. Tommen is the sitting king--either he'll be killed by Aegon and GC, or he'll be killed accidentally, or he'll be killed by some ambitious family trying to curry favour with the new regime. Probably the latter, as that move was pioneered by Tywin Lannister earlier and worked a treat. It's a shame to lose him; among all the children in the books, Tommen is the only truly sweet child. Shireen is somewhat melancholy. Even 4-YO Rickon has a fierce, ornery side. And Sweetrobin is a spoiled petty tyrant, though he's sweet with Sansa. And Arya...

I don't want the adorable little sugar-plum to kick the bucket either, but I have a bad feeling. If he has to die, let it be a peaceful death, in his bed with his kittens, dreaming of summer days, or something. With my luck, he'll suffocate eating beets. :leaving:

The second Purple Wedding (beets are purple right?)

Tommen lives. He's the hero. Check it and see:

"This is also important to the story of Tommen -- the Prince Who Was Promised. Because, Tommen is all 3 gods in one: Odin, Thor & Tyr. Odin (Aerys) is his grandfather. Thor (Robert Baratheon) is his supposed father. And Tyr (Jaime) is his real father, making Tommen Vidarr -- Vengeance -- slayer of Fenrir (which is foreshadowed in A Game of Thrones, when Tommen & Bran spar with each other out on the training grounds of Winterfell)."

http://gameofthronesandnorsemythology.blogspot.be/2013/05/ragnarok-song-of-ice-fire.html

Alternatively, from the comments section:

"...if anyone is Baldr, it is Tommen, not Joffrey, Baldr was fairhaired and kind and innocent, that isn't Joffrey.

ViĆ°arr has iron boots, and slays Fenrir the bound wolf. I get that you argue that Tommen will fill this function, but Tommen is the young and fair and naive and innocent one, more fitting to be Baldr than Vidarr. Baldr reappears when the world is reborn though, IIRC, so he might survive, and Tommen won't die (totally plausible) but I don't see him killing things."

I read that, it's interesting. Besides that, I actually think Tommen and possibly Myrcella will be alright. Not that being a decent person shields you from catastrophe, but I have hopes for them. If nothing else, the seemingly sheer obviousness of their deaths leads me to think they won't. Tommen more so than Myrcella, but I'm hoping for both.

(Btw, I love those articles and can't wait for him to write more.)

Archived