An other topic regarding Daenerys and slavery...Sex with Irri

Señor de la Tormenta 2

I tend to label it as dubious consent at the least personally. She took a handmaiden to bed and the power differences make this squicky. The one thing that keeps this from being rape is that Irri volunteers her services freely and without coercion.

It just seems so out of place though, that I've often wondered if this is just Martins straightmalegaze showing through, like it did with Dany's breasts moving freely under dothraki vests.

It's only sexual slavery if Cersei is treating Teana as a sex slave. Cersei is actually trying to rape and hurt Teana, too bad Teana is willing and likes it. Dany does not force Irri, Irri has made the offer. It's not Dany's fault for not thinking Irri waams doing it out of a sense of duty vs being interestd. And Irri does seem interested, therefore I don't consider it sexual slavery or rape or in any way wrong.

Irri is, unfortunately, used to obey and to sexually please those hierarchically above her. Yet Danny doesn't command her nor force her. It's not a healthy relationship, but I won't justify it just in case I get banned.

I tend to label it as dubious consent at the least personally. She took a handmaiden to bed and the power differences make this squicky. The one thing that keeps this from being rape is that Irri volunteers her services freely and without coercion.

It just seems so out of place though, that I've often wondered if this is just Martins straightmalegaze showing through, like it did with Dany's breasts moving freely under dothraki vests.

what does straightmalegaze means?

lol it's not like she had a bra or anything though. I bet that would be something she would notice :dunno:

It's not really. It'd be similar to say Jon remarking on his "cock flopping against his left thigh as he rolled onto his side". It's not something one would consciously think of.

Missande not into it you can tell cause she's all studious and shit. Just sayin. she's gonna get what's what hooking up with moqorro their both way wise and shit just sayin. Sorry for the typeing I know it sounds stupid but my keyboards got problems and what ya know... just sayin it's not gay if you're not thinking about it coul dbe thinking about something else you know.

hmmm... sex with a slave. something horrible like what tyrion did? nah, its Dany. Irri must have wanted it, or Dany didn't know that she didn't want it or (insert lame excuse that would never fly for any other character in the series)...

Oh come now. Dany was having a wank and Irri totally joined in. Its not like it was forced. WK did mention how the power differences can make the situation squicky, but Irri seemed to have the idea that this was her duty as a handmaid. Well, at least one part of it.

Oh come now. Dany was having a wank and Irri totally joined in. Its not like it was forced. WK did mention how the power differences can make the situation squicky, but Irri seemed to have the idea that this was her duty as a handmaid. Well, at least one part of it.

even if Irri seems to think its her duty as a handmaid, and therefore Dany didn't have to use physical force, its still rape. the fact that Irri "felt it was her duty" to do so, means she didn't want to do it but did it anyway based on the fact she felt she had to. If you'd like to discuss whether or not that situation is rape, feel free to browse the general chatter area. I read a really long discussion where two posters were ripped to shreds because they had backwards views on what constitutes rape. It was really enlightening to read; I certainly gained perspective from it. Definitely leads me to believe Dany raped Irri.

edited for spelling

a not so perfect parallel would be if today, a worker believed they would have to perform sexual acts for their boss or suffer adverse affects (not getting a promotion, retaliation, getting fired, etc). By today's law, and rightly so, this is illegal. If nothing happens, its still sexual harassment. If the person feels like they have to have sex with the boss, and that leads them to having sex with the boss, then its considered rape.

Archived