An other topic regarding Daenerys and slavery...Sex with Irri

You could probably make a case around the second instance they roll in the hay, but the first, not so much. Dany was slightly nonplussed at Irri joining in on her midnight wank. She did not object, but it was like "oh...uhh...this is a thing? Ok..." Second case sounded more like "Hey Irri, im a bit..bothered. You wanna come to bed?" Yes, Irri felt obligated, but Dany doesnt seem to force her.

Wasn't Dany 'exploring' her body, which led to waking Irri and her going down on Dany?

I would not callthis rape. It's not like Dany commanded her. Irri could have laid their and pretended to sleep, but she made the choice to participate.

Whether Irri thought it was her duty or if she simply was a little cuurious is up to debate.

Wasn't Dany 'exploring' her body, which led to waking Irri and her going down on Dany?

I would not callthis rape. It's not like Dany commanded her. Irri could have laid their and pretended to sleep, but she made the choice to participate.

Whether Irri thought it was her duty or if she simply was a little cuurious is up to debate.

That could be on the first time...but thats the point of it, Irri was educated this way, as a slave, so she feels it as a duty. And Daenerys has sex with her a second time knowing were this come from.

a not so perfect parallel would be if today, a worker believed they would have to perform sexual acts for their boss or suffer adverse affects (not getting a promotion, retaliation, getting fired, etc). By today's law, and rightly so, this is illegal. If nothing happens, its still sexual harassment. If the person feels like they have to have sex with the boss, and that leads them to having sex with the boss, then its considered rape.

Danny gave no indication that Irri had to perform sexual acts for her, though.

It's not really. It'd be similar to say Jon remarking on his "cock flopping against his left thigh as he rolled onto his side". It's not something one would consciously think of.

Sure, when you've got a wee thing iike Jon's. But Tormund now, I'd bet he'd feel his mighty member flopping against his left thigh.

Daenerys has sex with Irri and later thinks her kisses always have the "taste of duty"...

Interesting isn it? Daenerys is having sex with someone who she think does it as a duty, and who she knows was educated to obey as a former slave.

Any thoughts?

With all due respect...I think you sir are trying too hard to down Dany. There are much better arguments to make her look bad. This one is as fail as they come unfortunately.

It's not rape if she likes it - it's just awkward to them both, since Dany is a queen and Irri is merely a servant.

Since Dany is a queen pretty everybody in Mereen are her "iferiors" and her servants , including Daario, Hizdaa... and everybody else. So if Dany cannot have sex with anyone she rules over she has serious problem....

BTW :definition of rape has nothing to do with liking it or not, or doing it for pleasure only. People have consensual sex for all kind of weird reasons: gratitude, pity, duty (I mean: personal sence of duty), curiosity, procreation and cet

The first time it happens, I'd argue that it's dubious consent for both of them: Daenerys has authority over Irri, but Irri joins in against Dany's wishes.

But, really, it's totally incomparable to Dany's own experience as a wife; she had no choice but to remain with Drogo and have sex with him, whereas Irri can leave Dany's service at any time. So I have to admit that I'm confused as to why this is even being discussed.

Honestly, is it so different from Dany having sex with any of her subjects?

I remember someone once said Robert was a rapist for sleeping with commen women because of dubious consent. His sleeping with the girl Ned speaks with was cited as an example. I can't remember what thread it was but if you hold dany to this same standard then Yeah dany raped irri.

I would disagree with that Ofc, just pointing this out.

Archived