UK Politics: Iain Duncan Smith introduces death penalty for poor people

Werthead

In other news, I will have to divorce my wife as she has just had a row with Ed Miliband right outside my house and she didn't even ask him to wait a moment until I had a chance to get there.

Were pictures 19 and 20 here taken immediately after this? I think in 19 he might be keeping an eye out for your approach.

Cornwall has followed Atlantis into the briny deep and the Thames Valley is infested with mermen

Must be God's revenge on Davina McCall for Big Brother. It'll stop when she's finished.

(The Somerset levels are now the Somerset lake, by the way. Bad news for next year's cider harvest).

Stories about Tony Blair and Rupert Murdoch. It is an apotheosis, they transcend being a former prime minister and a media baron to become soap opera stars. I can almost hear the music already as I visualise this scene:

Affection for Blair was dramatically demonstrated in 2010. Murdoch persuaded the globetrotter, now moderately rich in his own right, to become godfather to his daughter Grace, then eight, when she and her sister, Chloe, were baptised in the river Jordan with all guests dressed in white.

'They wanted to control the news, but ended becoming victims of it'. I think 382 episodes, filmed in Brazil and half-heartedly dubbed into other languages for the international market, production values for interior shooting will be low to keep costs down. All I need is the funding, a team of script writers, the production crew, a bunch of improbably beautiful people who can read a teleprompter and some wobbly sets...

It would have been the logical conclusion of their relationship if Messers Blair and Murdoch had had a relationship that spanned their disparate ages but there they lacked the courage of their convictions. Now, though never married, they are cruelly divorced it seems.

Tony Blair gave advice to newspaper executive Rebekah Brooks on handling the phone-hacking scandal six days before her arrest, a court has heard.

The court heard Mrs Brooks spoke to the former prime minister and passed on what he had said to James Murdoch, then News International executive chairman.

In an email, she said Mr Blair had said he was "available" to her, James and Rupert Murdoch as an "unofficial adviser", the Old Bailey heard.

Mrs Brooks denies any wrongdoing.

In the email, Mrs Brooks said Mr Blair had urged her to set up a "Hutton style" inquiry - a reference to the inquiry into the death of government weapons adviser Dr David Kelly.

As Sir Winston Churchill remarked when told that a Conservative MP had been detained whilst buggering a Guardsman in a bush on the coldest night for forty years "It makes you proud to be British".

Archived