Which ASOIF Character are you? Game of Thrones Myers Briggs Chart

DrownedbyFire

Tywin Lannister, INTJ.

:devil:

What's with all the Tywin Lannisters on this thread?

no kidding, especially since INTJ is supposedly 1% of people. Apparently it's 40% of asoiaf forum goers.

I'm Maester Luwin (though Aemon would fit better).

I wouldn't really say Arya or Tywin are introverts, though.

Yea I wouldn't call Arya "Quiet and reserved"

no kidding, especially since INTJ is supposedly 1% of people. Apparently it's 40% of asoiaf forum goers.

These character tests are all pretty much just nonsense. A fun diversion sure, but not accurate in the least. No way in hell am i jaime fucking lannister.

Basically, an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people.

Introverts are more concerned with the inner world of the mind. They enjoy thinking, exploring their thoughts and feelings. They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills.

I think preferring to be alone (lone wolf) is learned behavior for Arya. She's become like a solitary tom cat in Braavos. She's social but keeps everyone at a distance.

I think even at WF it may have been hard to get close to her as it is now. We don't know who her best friend was if she had one. She played with many children but she doesn't name any of them so I don't know if they were close. Mycah was a relatively recent friend. Still she was sociable rather than antisocial. Well, except when she locked herself in her room in KL when she didn't want to associate with anyone. Maybe she would have continued like that if forced to have a courtly life/be a lady.

INTJ. Tywin Lannister? Okay. But as for the Myer's Briggs, I think it seems to function as a more "sciencey" astrology. I got INTP when I first tested... then INFJ later... now INTJ. So I think it's good enough when it comes to determining extroversion or introversion, and the N/S business as well, perhaps the others - but the way these descriptors are used to formulate a generic personality "type" is highly reminiscent of how astrology fans get all "technical" about how the sun sign and moon sign interact to create this or that generic aspect of your personality, or tarot card readers explaining how this card indicates this for you and all that. And it always winds up fitting, and it always winds up kind of flattering, always oddly specific yet vague and generalized at the same time. In short, there might be some worth to it in a general way, but personality is more complex. People don't just fit neatly into one of 16 types.

I mean look at this:

"INTJs are idea people. Anything is possible; everything is negotiable. Whatever the outer circumstances, INTJs are ever perceiving inner pattern-forms and using real-world materials to operationalize them."

Yeah, guess what. EVERYONE is an idea person. Perceiving inner patterns and forms and using real-world materials to "operationalize" them is what thinking IS. I mean how does a series of yes/no questions lead to this as a scientific conclusion? Are there people who don't, you know, conceptualize? 15 out of 16 people? Says what study?

Sorry to go off on a tangent. I'm just being so INTJ-y, neh?

On this test I always fluctuate between ISFP and ESFP (Artist vs Entertainer) and I see that neither of these have been mentioned yet. ISFP is Sam, and ESFP is Theon (urgh!)

I think I fit the Sam profile a bit more :)

As to the veracity of the tests themselves, of course it's not a definition of who or what you are. Obviously everyone is creative in some way, everyone is a critical thinker, etc. I think it just measures your strengths and your default mode of operation. So I don't think the test is like modern astrology, but it can be a useful shorthand when talking about personality types. It can be very useful as a starting tool when trying to figure out the best way to communicate or motivate someone. I think the fault is when people take it too seriously and limit themselves or others based on this very brief analysis.

Archived