Will Theon tell Stannis the truth about the stark kids

dragonsrule

Probably not, but he might let it slip in his less lucid moments.

As noted by many others, it won't matter. No one will believe him, not on this. When Manderly pulls Rickon out, people will probably forget that Theon claimed to have lost them.

Theon's fate is sealed anyway. He is still guilty of taking WF in the first place, of turning on Robb. He has paid more for it than it was worth, and needs to be just put out of his misery. I honsetly wonder how much longer Martin can keep him as a POV; Asha will likely do just as well after the early chapters of TWOW.

Based on the inner/outer statements by Theon, I believe he is still terrified of Ramsay and thus perpetuates the Arya/Jeyne lie. It is apparent that Theon is still not fully 'recovered' from his experience with Ramsay - he thinks any other fate is better than the one he would experience at the hands of Ramsay.

• 1 month later...

He will tell the truth - but no one will believe him. And - as they are about to behead him - in sails Davos with Rickon... as all will see - they turn their attention to the "fake" Arya... Jon comes around (in some way) and off they go to reunite the Stark family...

If we assume that the Manderly and Frey forces arrive before Theon is executed, and that the Manderlys will defect to Stannis, then I think Wyman will be the one to reveal it. After crushing the Freys, Stannis will likely want to meet with Wyman immediately. He would then accuse Wyman of executing Davos, forcing Wyman to reveal the trip to Skagos and proving Theon innocent (of killing the Stark boys, not of being a turncloak) in the process.

I think Theon won't tell the truth and if he does he will do it when he learns that Jeyne is safe at the Wall.But there is something I started to think.We all know that Davos will get Rickon.What if Rickon kills Theon and not Stannis.I think they won't be able to restrain Rickon once he sees Theon.Only restraint Rickon will have is Osha and even she can't hold Rickon back that much.So if Theon lives to see Rickon come back then he will certainly die after Rickon arrives either by Osha or Rickons hand via Shaggydog(which will be really cool imagine a shaggydog tearing Theons throat under the weirwood with a warging Rickon besides him).

I actually think theon will keep on for a while, but this post gave me a mental picture of theon tied up, Stannis' army of northmen and southrons crowded around, and rickon there with his eyes rolled back in his head, shaking and convulsing, warging the wolf as it rips theon to shreds.

what a wild bloody way to reintroduce-introduce, really-rickon as a character and a force in his own right, and make it known in the north that he's warg.

if it's GRRM's intention to make rickon an important character, this would be a dramatic way to do it.

He will tell the truth - but no one will believe him. And - as they are about to behead him - in sails Davos with Rickon... as all will see - they turn their attention to the "fake" Arya... Jon comes around (in some way) and off they go to reunite the Stark family...

I agree. He'll tell, but it will coincide with Rickon's return with Davos, which is the only way he'd be believed, and hopefully the Liddle who saw Bran will then further corroborate by telling his story.

A lot depends on what happens after the gift chapter.

Stannis believed the Frey or Manderly forces might be upon them within the hour, which doesn't give a lot of time for an execution. Plus, Stannis realizes that Theon is right now a useful intelligence asset. Meaning, an execution won't happen until after the battle. During the battle... much and more could happen.

Still, I do see Theon telling what he knows about Bran and Rickon before his execution. This doesn't contradict the lies he tells regarding Jeyne Poole. The latter he does to protect Jeyne. The former he did to protect his reputation. Would it save him? Maybe. Stannis would still want to execute him for the death of the miller children, and the Northmen would still want to execute him for being a Greyjoy who invaded the North. However, his value as an intelligence asset and a way to force a new King's moot might convince Stannis to spare the flame.

Who knows. He might get caputered during the coming battle.

Yes.

Stannis will try to burn him before tha battle starts but Theon will ask to pray to the old gods before. In front of the weirwood tree, Theon will tell the truth. Most of the northmen know more or less what happened at Winterfell. Theon will ask to take the black. The northernmen will agree to it and they will send Theon to CB. They will leave it to Jon whether he hacks his head off or allows him to take the black. Jon (after recovery) will allow him to take the black. Even with 7 fingers, Theon should be a decent enough archer.

If Theon *doesn't* mention it! how will anyone know who Rickon is? Are there any Northern lords who can vouch for Rickon's appearance?

Shaggydog.

Yup. That'd probably do it. That was a brain freeze.

Let me also add to this exchange that presumably some of the lords at the Harvest feast would have seen Rickon, including Manderly. However, other lords would have not, and might feel somebody is putting a pretender in front of them. Or in the case of Roose Bolton, he would insist he is looking at a pretender and try to kill him.

Let me also add to this exchange that presumably some of the lords at the Harvest feast would have seen Rickon, including Manderly. However, other lords would have not, and might feel somebody is putting a pretender in front of them. Or in the case of Roose Bolton, he would insist he is looking at a pretender and try to kill him.

Well, especially since the fArya debacle. Either the Northern lords know -and always knew- that it wasn't Arya, or it goes to show how easily one person can impersonate another.

I thought this episode might briefly foreshadow some problems with Rickon, but Shaggydog is irrefutable proof.

So does it matter if Theon says anything? Davos is on his way (fingers crossed) with Rickon. The only (possible) casualty is Manderly, who is 'sans evidence'.

With the fact that Theon is looked upon as less than shit by the majority of Westeros, I doubt anything he said would be seen as anything more than a petty attempt to save his own ass. Only way Stannis will believe he didn't kill the Stark kids is if one of them shows up and proves it.

Even then Theon still murdered two innocent children, and betrayed his best friend. Firewood is the only use for that prick now, hopefully Stannis feels the same way.

I don't think it has anything to do with him looking weak. I think he just doesn't care about himself anymore. Also, killing two innocent, peasant boys isn't an honorable thing to do or admit doing.

As for Jeyne, I'm pretty sure the only reason he told her not to reveal her true identity is because he believes they will treat her horribly if they find out who she is. But I have this feeling that Theon's advice (even if it was well-intended) will turn out bad for Jeyne :(

• 3 months later...

^

Theon was a willing accomplice to this, gave his consent, and was present for the killing of the boys (and the rest of the family?).

Combine this with the betrayel of Robb and the invasion of the North, and I'd say there's enough grounds to condemn him despite the fact Bran and Rickon are alive.

Archived