Will Theon tell Stannis the truth about the stark kids

dragonsrule

It just seems to me like there are too many subplots dangling for Theon to be executed there. The biggest one is the Kingsmoot. There is a lot of set up for that already laid in, and I think ultimately Theon and Asha are heading back to the Iron Islands.

It might be that he's about to be executed, and another party arrives that puts it on hold. Maybe Davos with Rickon. Maybe they are all attacked. If they're attacked, Asha can grab Theon and escape with him in the confusion. Will Bran speak through him before the pieces are moved again? Only Martin knows. There are so many ways this can play out. IMO though, Theon getting executed isn't going to be one of them.

Plus his veins are full of delicious king's blood.

Ouch - its a bit curious, Mel's obsession with king's blood, just at the time of war of 5 Kings. Talk about right place at the right time for a decently steady supply...

How will Stannis immediately believe Manderly is he tells him that he didnt in fact kill Davos, he just faked it, and sent Davos off to find Rickon Stark, based on a tip from a mute bastard from the Iron Islands? You think Stannis will just buy that? And is Wyman even going to be riding with his men, after taking the shot to the throat? I don't think it killed him, but doubtful he's riding out into a winter storm to do battle either, and the Davos/Rickon situation has to be a pretty closely guarded secret, even among his own men.

I think there is a lot of misinformation and general distrust in the Stannis camp, but if you combine a Theon confession in front of Heart tree, with a clansman (hill clans, not KKK), steps up to tell about how he saw the boys with the dire wolves, then perhaps Stannis would stay his hand and believe Theon. But might still burn him up for the murder confession/kings blood.

Theon did nothing wrong in obeying his liege lord(Balon) and attacking the north. He didn't kill the stark kids and it was Boltons that sacked winterfell, and turned coat and killed northmen and their king at the RW, as captured Freys may be able to attest. Stannis justified joining RR because his Liege lord (Robert) told him to. They need to capture the remaining Walder at WF for this to have any affect on Theon's fate though, and that is most likely going to be too late. Unless he marched with his Uncle.

Theon was old enough at that point to make his own decisions, it seems, and he did swear on his sword that he would fight for Robb as King in the North. So he broke that oath, a personal one sworn to his friend.

I think Theon will almost certainly be given a shot at some sort of redemption. It would just be a waste of the story arc for Stannis to execute him anytime soon.

I could see something like him returning with Manderly to Winterfell as a ruse. Like how Reek played Theon to help Bolton take a stronghold, this time it would be Theon playing Reek to help kill the Boltons. It would be a high risk for Stannis to allow something like that of course.

Theon will die beheaded in from of the Heart Tree of WF,then somehow Brann and BR will activate some weirdo magic spell that will make something happen.I can't even imagine what,but blood sacrifice to a HT seems a big deal,like burning to R'hllor.

As stated by our friend up there,he's a full bag of juicy king's blood,and there is power in king's blood :P

Maaaan,speculating about possible futures in ASoIaF is so fun,it's so damn hard to be sure.

Edit:Almost forgot to mention the answer to the topic :P

I think he will tell Stannis right before his execution,and realize that Bran is watching his execution via heart TV

First of all i want to say that we don't know if there are other chapters from Stannis ,Asha or Bran before Theon's.This leaves many possibilities open especially with the sudden proposal his sister made.I mean it's very strange they way she did it and as people mentioned in early posts she might have a plan.Could it be that somehow Bran "contacted" her through the trees?

Anyway ,in terms of plot Theon simply dying and taking his not-so-well-keeped secret to the grave is somewhat pointless.I don't want to speculate whether he survives or not,cause this is an entirely different matter,but i think that spitting out to Stannis that he didn't kill the Stark boys is a very reasonable prediction.And there are many ways this can happen.Like telling it directly to Stannis as a desperate attempt to survive.Talking to himself while in "Reek" mode and be overheard etc

As for Rickon i think it's quite probable that he won't be near Stannis or Winterfell for quite some time.A straightforward approach where Davos sails to Skaagos,overcoming a few difficulties and finally returning back to WH is not very common in ASoIaF.Having a hell lot of complications that would lead him and Rickon to hell knows where is quite possible.I won't be surprised if they end up even to Mereen

Will Theon tell Stannis that Bran and Rickon are alive? He seems pretty committed to maintaining Jeyne=Arya because it makes him look better to have rescued Arya Stark than Jeyne Poole. Will he keep up the story that he killed Bran and Rickon because admitting the truth will make him look weak? Or will he confess as part of his redemption ark?

No he won't tell anyone. Not because it will make him look weak, but because he doesn't care anymore about what others think of him.

Plus his veins are full of delicious king's blood.

Not necessarily. We don't know what the criteria for having kings blood is, and neither Melisandre nor Stannis have expressed any interest in the blood of Mance, his son, Theon, Asha, etc.

Given she repeatedly calls everyone but Stannis and Robert 'false kings', it stands to reason they wouldn't have legitimate kings blood, in her eyes.

Not necessarily. We don't know what the criteria for having kings blood is, and neither Melisandre nor Stannis have expressed any interest in the blood of Mance, his son, Theon, Asha, etc.

Given she repeatedly calls everyone but Stannis and Robert 'false kings', it stands to reason they wouldn't have legitimate kings blood, in her eyes.

Actually Stannis burned Mance although it was later revealed that Mel deceived him

i doubt he ever will. I think only when Rickon shows back up he will confirm it.

I think Asha will die at the tree. And via Bran and some Tree Magic Tom Foolery. Theon will survive the ordeal. The Norther Lords will take it as a sign from the Old Gods

I disagree with a lot of people on this thread. I just can't see Theon dying to the hands of Stannis so early. In my opinion he has been through so much agony and pain, that George will give him some redemption with the Starks or Jon. I realize he is most likely marked a doom man in the story, but I don't think it will be because of Stannis nor the Starks. When he goes to confess amongst the Godswood Bran will warg through him and speak, maybe. I think that for Theon to die before doing something else is poor writing. He has comitted crimes and pained for them in full. All that he has left is to give his life, but I don't think George will kill him off just yet. I think he makes it to the 7th book. Maybe he will be sent to the wall, and hopefully receive a judgment from Jon(assuming he is alive).

I feel like he will definitely tell Stannis the truth. It serves everyone's best interest; Stannis will know Theon didn't kill the boys and Stannis will also win the help of all the northern lords who want to put a Stark back in Winterfell.

Archived