Cersei's plan to kill Trystane

Northernmonkey

Cersei is stupid and selfish.She always said she was trying to protect her kids but I think we all know there is more to it then just her kids.If she really were protecting her kids then she would have done her best to teach Tommen.She is just trying to get more power that is all.She is incapable of loving someone that is clear.She sees everyone as a pawn.She has no morals noone matters to her.

I don't think there is any plan too stupid for Cersei.

True, even her plan to kill Robert was half-assed; get him drunk while he is hunting a boar, and hope it kills him. That plan worked due more to luck than to cunning.

Cersei wanted Myrcella back, and she wanted to end her betrothal to Trystane without losing Dorne. She thought it was brilliant in that she got back Myrcella, and ended her betrothal while maintaining Dorne's support.,when it is actually a bad move politically as power in a feudal structure is maintained by spreading it around. Without Myrcella's marriage to Trystane, what bound the Martells to the same family who killed Elia and her children?

True, even her plan to kill Robert was half-assed; get him drunk while he is hunting a boar, and hope it kills him. That plan worked due more to luck than to cunning.

Cersei wanted Myrcella back, and she wanted to end her betrothal to Trystane without losing Dorne. She thought it was brilliant in that she got back Myrcella, ended her betrothal while maintaining Dorne's support. It is a bad move politically as power in a feudal structure is maintained by spreading it around. Without Myrcella's marriage to Trystane, what bound the Martells to the same family who killed Elia and her children?

God reading this post and this topic reminds me how much I hate Cersei.

time to brood about it irl -

Cersei wanted Myrcella back, and she wanted to end her betrothal to Trystane without losing Dorne. She thought it was brilliant in that she got back Myrcella, and ended her betrothal while maintaining Dorne's support. It is a bad move politically as power in a feudal structure is maintained by spreading it around. Without Myrcella's marriage to Trystane, what bound the Martells to the same family who killed Elia and her children?

Well, they owe her their fealty! She doesn't have to do anything to deserve it, because she is the Iron Throne! Even if she butchers their children in front of them, they can't complain because she's the King and the King can do as she likes!! It's no worse than her clumsy plan to kill Margaery and keep Mace's support even though the Tyrells are fighting basically the entire war for her at that point.

At least, that's how she thinks about it.

Aerys Hilton, on 02 Jan 2014 - 7:03 PM, said:

It's hilarious how, for all the effort she puts into trying to fabricate treasons and pin fraudulent charges on Margaery, when there is one crime Marge actually HAS committed against the crown and Cersei's house, and Cersei refuses to even begin to suspect her of it. All blame for that goes to her brother and bogeyman.

If Cersei and Tyrion had set aside their differences and worked together they would have been unstoppable. But they wouldn't be Lannisters if they could manage to set aside their differences.

• 1 month later...

Well, they owe her their fealty! She doesn't have to do anything to deserve it, because she is the Iron Throne! Even if she butchers their children in front of them, they can't complain because she's the King and the King can do as she likes!! It's no worse than her clumsy plan to kill Margaery and keep Mace's support even though the Tyrells are fighting basically the entire war for her at that point.

At least, that's how she thinks about it.

Aerys thinked the same. He got rebellion and sword into his back.

This is the woman that wanted the daughter of the Hand of the King(the King's best friend) to be maimed over a quarrel. She refto marry Wyllas but wwas willing to marry Oberyn to secure Tyrion's condemnation and live with Elia's relatives.

I just realized all her plans required people to be stupid to see her fault in the scheme.

I call it the Cersei Axiom of Intelligence - It doesn't matter how intelligent Cersei is, because she will always assume everyone else is an idiot. So, on one hand we have some evidence of Cersei being of at least average intelligence, and possibly possessing some of that "low cunning" we hear as a complimentary insult. On the other hand, she rearmed the Faith and put off paying the Iron Bank.

Cersei wanted Myrcella back, and she wanted to end her betrothal to Trystane without losing Dorne. She thought it was brilliant in that she got back Myrcella, and ended her betrothal while maintaining Dorne's support. It is a bad move politically as power in a feudal structure is maintained by spreading it around. Without Myrcella's marriage to Trystane, what bound the Martells to the same family who killed Elia and her children?

:bowdown: :bowdown: this basically. The plan did not surprise me since i heard it was made by cersei.

Does anyone else think there's something fishy about Cersei's plan to kill Trystane? We only hear about it from Doran, and it seems unbelievably stupid, even for Cersei. There's no way that Doran would believe Tyrion was behind it, and it would probably lead to Dorne rebelling against the Iron Throne.

Is it possible that Doran's sources in King's landing have been playing him? Maybe Varys put out false information in order to convince Doran to rebel against the Iron Throne and send him into alliance with Aegon. Or maybe Doran is lying in order to appease the sand snakes (although I don't think Doran's that kind of guy).

I'm not alone with my suspicion it seems. Especially since the description of the bandits sound like Shagga and the stone crows

That is the main problem with the theory, but it is possible that he was genuinely worried about pirates, or worried about what Cersei would say.

especialty if balon heard that Arraune watern took the royal flleet with him. and cerseri imprisinonment.

Archived