Sweet, sweet irony. Nom, Nom, Nom

Reek Da Villain

Don't you think I know that. I said it that way because she prays for a true knight. The nights watch have been known as the black knights. Jon as the LC of said knighthood is acting as a true hero and cuts off Slynts head. I know why he cut his head off, only it's sansa's prayer that I find ironic. Jon snow at this point of Sansa's arc would never consider Jon a hero he's only her bastard brother after all. I'm not calling the action it's self ironic just the person that does it in relation to sansa's prayer.

Huh? Just because Gared was right and did see WW, doesn't give him a free pass to desert... His duty is to go back to the Wall itself and tell his brothers, then stay there and defend the Wall. That is what he swore to do. He flat out deserted that duty and as a deserter his life is forfeit, as explained by Ned in that chapter.

Also: When Tyrion thinks that Jon's mother put nothing of herself into him.

Ned's duty as hand of the king is to carry out his king's last wishes, he alters the document. His duty as Robert's friend would be to tell him what he knows, he doesn't. By all the laws of Westeros he committed treason. Put that in your irony pipe and toke hard.

EDIT

Btw, Jaime's entire life is one irony after another.

What's the "I hope your princess dies" line about?

While in Harenhall, Arya regularly speaks to Elmar Frey, who talks to her about the Princess his grandfather arranged him to marry, that princess being Arya even though none of them realizes it.

After Robb marries Jayne, the engagement is called off, and Arya sees Elmar crying, they have a dispute which ends with Arya saying "I hope your princess dies."

What's the "I hope your princess dies" line about?

Metaphorically, Elmar's princess (Arya) is already dead in the sense that her arc leads ever away from highborn status.

Stylistically it extends the complex irony of her death list/death wishes.

While in Harenhall, Arya regularly speaks to Elmar Frey, who talks to her about the Princess his grandfather arranged him to marry, that princess being Arya even though none of them realizes it.

After Robb marries Jayne, the engagement is called off, and Arya sees Elmar crying, they have a dispute which ends with Arya saying "I hope your princess dies."

I never caught that....

Mind. Blown.

EDIT: Oh, and thank you for that, by the way.

Joffrey didn't have the wider world view to understand that it would be politically better to send Ned to the wall instead of executing him. He thought Ned was a traitor and deserved his decapitation and showed him mercy by not torturing him first.

Both Ned and the deserter had good reason to be allowed to live but their executioners didn't have the necessary information or understanding.

His mother told him what to do. I'm sure she said why, as well.

There is also a difference between being omniscient and being able to think long-term and critically.

Also, Ned really did not have a reason to let the man live. Whether or not his story is true, he deserted the Nights Watch. He should have just returned to CB.

woah.

Archived