NFL 2013 (Divisional Round) or defending Peyton's Place

Howdyphillip

If you take the QB out of the equation, who are the top teams in the league? In no particular order:

Seattle (Receiving option needs improvement, but with a healthy Harvin, they will be alright. Also the 12th man needs to be accounted for)

SF

Carolina

Bengals!

Browns!

KC

Call me crazy, but the Browns and the Bengals have great rosters.

ETA: Also, hoping to see a healthy RG3 next year for your and Maith's sake and for the excitement he brings to the game.

#1 - I think the 49ers are the most talented team in football top to bottom. Especially if we factor in coaching.

#2 - Seahawks - They're probably a wash with the 49ers defensively but I think the 49ers have have more offensive weapons. Boldin/Crabtree/VD > Harvin (even when healthy)/Tate/Miller

#3 - Bengals - Great defense, lots of offensive weapons, an O-line so good there were a couple games Dalton went untouched.

#4 - Broncos - Still think this team is massively talented. Best offensive weapons in football + (when healthy) Ryan Clady/Louis Vasquez/Von Miller and a bunch of other really talented defensive players who really haven't played like it.

#5 - Texans - Seriously. Injuries, QB play and coaching held 'em back. But: JJ Watt/Jonathan Joseph/Brian Cushing/Andre Johnson/DeAndre Hopkins/Arian Foster//Duane Brown. They're a lot like the Chiefs last year - but now in the draft they have an opportunity to get the QB the Chiefs didn't.

Chiefs, Panthers probably honorable mention. I'd rate both higher if they had more skill position talent.

Pretty much agree with all of this. I would trade Kaep for Luck in a heartbeat, and would probably bite on Wilson. I think RGIII is likely to fight injury issues throughout his career due to his size and playstyle, so I'd shy away from that.

Kaep plays behind a ridiculous wealth of talent. Very good O-line, solid running game, and arguably the best defense in the league. I think it's fair to say that a number of mid tier QBs in this league would fare as well or better than Kaep, giving the surrounding talent.

Agreed. The one aspect I definitely take Kaepernick over RG3 is his 6th sense for avoiding contact. Actually I'd probably go ahead and argue Kaepernick is the most explosive running QB in football. I don't know what his 40 time is, but he looks faster to me than an even healthy RG3.

Phil Simms already started screwing up calls... He called the Denver defense San Diego... I would count the mistakes this game, but I am terrible at advanced math... Why, oh why do we have to listen to this guy every year?

Do you have surround sound? If so, you can unplug your centre speaker, which takes out the voices and leaves the crowd noises. I just put on the radio broadcast as a replacement. I find Kevin Harlan is much better.

@NFL_Stats: Tim Tebow will remain the only Heisman QB to win a Playoff Game in the last 26 years

That remains insane. I guess Cam Newton, RG3, Carson Palmer are a combined 0-4. Sam Bradford and Matt Leinart wish they were even on that list. Every Heisman winning QB from the 90's was a terrible pro (assuming they even became a pro QB as opposed to an NBA PG or a free safety)

You can also make a case Luck and Manning probably should've each won a Heisman.

Do you have surround sound? If so, you can unplug your centre speaker, which takes out the voices and leaves the crowd noises. I just put on the radio broadcast as a replacement. I find Kevin Harlan is much better.

Just hit the SAP button. The Spanish guys kill Simms, even if you don't speak the language.

Archived