NFL 2013 (Divisional Round) or defending Peyton's Place

Howdyphillip

And the jury is still out, but Kaepernick might not be better than Foles. And I'm convinced Eli Manning is better.

he might not be. foles was definitely among the 5-6 i was talking about from 14-20. foles could be 144 for me. but we dont have a large sample on him. he could be next years kaepernick. where he looked real good when there wasnt much book on him yet. too early to call.

eli has been better. he was definitely worse this year. but last year rivers wasnt a top 30 qb. now he looks like himslef again, if not better. elisha could come back

No one is taking one for the team on their first big contract. Guys like Tom Brady can do that when they've already banked 9 figures from the NFL, more from endorsements, and are married to a super model with a 9 figure wealth. But Kaep would be a fool to take a cent less than he can get on the open market. And he won't do it. Assuming he continues to play at a competent level, he'll get what other competent QBs get. (I.e. 100+ million dollars like Flacco).

Yep. Kaepernick has played in a Super Bowl and is going to his second NFC championship game in his third year, only second year starting. The team around him has had a ton of talent but he's not been a bystander on the road to those two games and he's going to get paid as a result.

LOL. She said RG3. And Alex Smith.

Hmm.. How about Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco and two time SB MVP Elisha Manning? Not sold on RG3 yet. Alex Smith has so far played well for KC. I would call that a draw. Also Newton did not really help his case with that throw.

Honestly wouldn't consider trading Kaep for Luck or Wilson. Luck will likely have a better career, but for the next 4-5 years? Hell naw. Wilson's ceiling is too low for my liking.

The Homer train pulling into the station....

Newton Bradford RG3 Romo and Ryan?!!? :rofl:

Ryan for sure. Ditto for (good) Romo I think. Bradford's grade is incomplete in my book. Ask me next year. Newton probably will end up being better. At this point, it is kind of a wash. Last years RG3, yes. This years RG 3 :thumbsdown: . Next year's RG3 :dunno:

The Homer train pulling into the station....

We'll see. None of them have accomplished jack yet and any meaningful evaluation of them before at least 4-5 years is highly premature.

They are all extremely talented. To put Wilson, in particular, head and shoulders over Kaep just shows you haven't watched many Seattle games.

And they all got at least one thing going for them: they aren't RG3. :)

So it is Seattle vs SF. I have no idea why the Niners struggle so badly in Seattle. They are the ideal team to play and win there. But for some reason the CenturyLink Field has been the house of horrors for Harbaugh's team.

Also C'mon Peyton!

I think a lot of it falls on Kaep. You see the issues he has with the playclock under normal circumstances. Multiply that by 5 or so and you get Kaep at Century Link.

Whoa, dickish fake punt at the end. Hilarious.

We'll see. None of them have accomplished jack yet and any meaningful evaluation of them before at least 4-5 years is highly premature.

They are all extremely talented. To put Wilson, in particular, head and shoulders over Kaep just shows you haven't watched many Seattle games.

And they all got at least one thing going for them: they aren't RG3. :)

No, I put Luck head and shoulders over Kaepernick. Really in the way any football fan paying attention would.

Wilson I give the slight edge over Kaepernick. I've seen him do more heavy lifting.

RG3 got injured. Can't even enter the comparison until he's fully healthy again. But I have zero doubt he'd be doing the exact same things Kaepernick is now if he played on the 49ers. How hard can it be to win when just about every single position group on the team is top 5 in the NFL and with clearly the best coaching staff outside of New England? Kaepernick has played really well but let's not act like he doesn't have every. possible. advantage.

Whoa, dickish fake punt at the end. Hilarious.

No, I put Luck head and shoulders over Kaepernick. Really in the way any football fan paying attention would.

Wilson I give the slight edge over Kaepernick. I've seen him do more heavy lifting.

RG3 got injured. Can't even enter the comparison until he's fully healthy again. But I have zero doubt he'd be doing the exact same things Kaepernick is now if he played on the 49ers. How hard can it be to win when just about every single position group on the team is top 5 in the NFL and with clearly the best coaching staff outside of New England? Kaepernick has played really well but let's not act like he doesn't have every. possible. advantage.

If you take the QB out of the equation, who are the top teams in the league? In no particular order:

Seattle (Receiving option needs improvement, but with a healthy Harvin, they will be alright. Also the 12th man needs to be accounted for)

SF

Carolina (Needs some improvement in the receiving corp)

Bengals!

Browns!

KC

Call me crazy, but the Browns and the Bengals have great rosters.

ETA: Also, hoping to see a healthy RG3 next year for your and Maith's sake and for the excitement he brings to the game.

Pretty much agree with all of this. I would trade Kaep for Luck in a heartbeat, and would probably bite on Wilson. I think RGIII is likely to fight injury issues throughout his career due to his size and playstyle, so I'd shy away from that.

Kaep plays behind a ridiculous wealth of talent. Very good O-line, solid running game, and arguably the best defense in the league. I think it's fair to say that a number of mid tier QBs in this league would fare as well or better than Kaep, giving the surrounding talent.

The Bolo tie has made an appearance! It's destiny, folks!

Seriously though, I haven't been less confident in my pick than I am right now. I'm starting to think that Peyton will not only get the Chargers monkey off his back, he will bodyslam it, stalk it quietly as it gets up, all delirious after the slam, and finish it off with a Stone Cold stunner.

The Bolo tie has made an appearance! It's destiny, folks!

Seriously though, I haven't been less confident in my pick than I am right now. I'm starting to think that Peyton will not only get the Chargers monkey off his back, he will bodyslam it, stalk it quietly as it gets up, all delirious after the slam, and finish it off with a Stone Cold stunner.

Please, everyone knows the best finishing move of the last fifteen years has been the Codebreaker.

Kids today.

Dickish fake punt end. Hilarious.

I called Kaep a top 15 QB and people lost their shit. That's fairly uncontroversial considering the names Jace had to include (Bradford, Smith, RG3, etc) to get to 15 allegedly better names.

Luck is better but makes a ton of mistakes. Kaep rarely throws the ball away (4 of his 8 INTs came in one game against Seattle). Still, Luck is better and I believe he will ultimately have a better career. Right now, however, we don't need a gunslinger that tosses a pick six (essentially) to start a playoff game. Luck won't always make those mistakes (9 INTS in 3 playoff games) but he is now. I was probably wrong to say I wouldn't trade Kaep for Luck but I am thinking the here and now.

Wilson? People say he is slightly more "polished" but he has a tendency to put a lot of balls in the dirt and throws behind his receivers. He is good but he is basically a wash with Kaep.

RG3? An injury prone QB that finds creative new ways to take big hits. No thanks. (To say nothing about the alleged character issues).

Edit: None of these QBs are great ... yet

Archived