Talk about Stannis Baratheon(and then perform your duties in a leal and puissant manner)

E-Ro

He did try to outlaw whores and the red bitch is abit of a skank.... just sayin

How is Melisandre a skank? She's only ever had sex with Stannis in the series so far, and while she had somewhat subtly offered herself to other men, she has never gone through with it, and honestly only tried because it would greatly help Stannis (possibly more shadow babies to kill his enemies) and by extension help the realm. This seems like the most noble reason to have sex with someone ever, and it's not as if they even did.

He did try to outlaw whores and the red bitch is abit of a skank.... just sayin

Mel is not a prostitute, stannis has never payed her for sex. They are two consenting adults and no money is being exchanged.

Why would no one accept her? The lords follow whoever can offer the most, if Stannis establishes enough power marries her to someone and dies then its highly likely shireen would rule as queen regnant. Shireen sitting the throne is much more likely then a sworn brother of the nights watch who everyone thinks is a bastard, who also got stabbed 3 times sitting the throne.

Do explain further.

It's a Star Wars, quote. :P

Of course she won't, no one will accept her.

Tell E-Rizzle that :D

You underestimate the power of the (Flaming) Heart side. Shireen will be Queen. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

By the end of ADWD I knew Stannis was the man for me. Confident, yet able to be swayed by good advice. Good strategist and tactician. The King who still cared. Justice above all. Able to lagh at himself (as long as he made the joke), bro to the only truly good man left in Westeros (just about), avenger for the Northmen, he had me. And then 'Ser Stupid' stole my heart away...

good advice?

Good Advice?!

GOOD ADVICE!!!

Who gave him what good advice!

dude all 3 baratheon bros are monsters one is a rapist one is a raging hypocrite one wants to take his relatives birthrights(in his knowledge)

Agreed, though they're not so bad when compared to some of the other characters in the series.

I wouldn't use the term "monster", let's say... Raging asshole is better.

Jon gave him good advice, I think.

Stannis shouldn't have needed good advice, he should have been smart enough to see that attacking the Dreadfort was stupid.

But of course, Martin had to dumb him down to show us how smart Jon is...

Stannis shouldn't have needed good advice, he should have been smart enough to see that attacking the Dreadfort was stupid.

But of course, Martin had to dumb him down to show us how smart Jon is...

Well to be fair Stannis doesn't know a whole lot about what he's facing in the north. He went out in a haste to get to the wall, he wasn't spending the little time he had researching the defenses of the Boltons holdings. I agree that he should have come into the knowledge another way other than Jon though.

Archived