Robb Stark Vs. Stannis Baratheon Vs. Renly Baratheon Vs. Daenerys Targaryen

Roddy the Ruin

Stannis is more stubborn than biased, he isn't ignorant like Dany. He believes the the Iron Throne is his by right and that anyone who says otherwise is a thief...that's valid. However, Dany calls the Starks usurpers dogs and pretty much wants them dead, not knowing about her fathers crimes against them and accepting her brothers- she thinks Rhaegar kidnapping Lyanna was romantic. She's biased towards the wrongs of her family without acknowledging the wrongs they committed towards others.

:agree:

1)Stannis Baratheon. I admire his determination and will. Guy doesn't know when to call it quits. He has a good sense of justice and duty. He's also a really interesting character, despite having a "dull" personality. I hate his religious extremism though, but i am willing to forgive it for now.

2)Daenerys Targaryen. Though she is not my favorite, she is undoubtly one of the most interesting characters in the series. Imo, she has the same sense of justice and duty as Stannis has. However, she has compassion, where as Stannis doesn't. Despite that, she is an inexperienced administrator, and is also somewhat impulsive. Even though Slavers Bay is one of the least interesting story arcs imo, I really admire her decision to stay and rule there.

3)Robb Stark. I like Robb Stark, but he really wasn't a great king imo. I don't really care much anymore for an independent North. His cause was futile in the long run imo.

4)Renly Baratheon. He may be the last of the four, but I actually like Renly a lot. I don't buy it when people say he was a Tyrell puppet, I think he's a lot smarter than people give him credit for, and I think he would've actually made a pretty good king depending on the circumstances. My real problem with him is how he attempted to gain the throne. It could've led to serious problems.

Jon.

Jon is the only one, up to this point, who has shown fair, just, and wise leadership.

Robb, with Brynden's help, was one of the most brilliant battle commanders in the history of Westeros, but he lost the North due to stupidity, and did not show fairness in the Cat/Karstark events. He also broke his Oath to one of his allies.

Stannis, up to recently, has shown to be too black and white, and devisive. Now there is some hint that this could be changing, but until that change is complete, we have to assume that his laws would be too ridged, and punishments too severe. I enjoy the growth of this character. Davos and Jon have had some sound influence and I think Stannis is moving in the right direction. Still in a wait and see here.

Dany has the potential of being a great leader. She has shown that she has a duty to those she means to rule. She is fair and just with her subjects. Her downside is the she tends to forget the bigger picture, and creates major problems for her cause out of minor events. She still makes naive choices and does not always consider the long term consequences of her decisions. She needs to become more pragmatic, less emotional, and to learn to think things through more clearly. Hopefully, with the help of Tyrion, Selmy, Mormont, and Missandre, she will finally emerge as a true Queen.

Renly had charisma, a way with people, that made them feel important. I think he genuinely made it a point to be considerate of people's feelings and beliefs. He was kind, in an unkind world, and it endeared him to many. He had issues with his sense of duty though, as he was immature and, with no claim to the Iron Throne, lacked the conviction and seriousness of a conqueror. His priorities were completely wrong as he had more than ample time to take Kings Landing but pissed it away playing at King. In a quiet land, under proper conditions and succession, Renly might have become a renascence king with emphasis on kindness, the arts, and higher learning. End the end it was just folly.

Aegon, real or not, has great potential. He has been raised to be a King, has an army, has potential allies, and possibly the best claim, and the timing of his arrival could not be better. His youth works against him, but he seems quite capable despite that. We shall wait and see.

Euron is doomed to fail. He suffers from the same insanity of Balon not thinking about the long term. The Ironmen have only a fools hope of conquering the seven kingdoms. This war is folly.

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Stannis & Jon

Robb

none of the others.

It's people running for king/ being king right? I added Rickon cause I like him :cool4:

Probably: Stannis > Robb > Rickon > Tommen > Aegon > Dany > Renly > Joffrey

But I'd really prefer not to have to support any of the last four as it stands right now.

Stannis is more stubborn than biased, he isn't ignorant like Dany. He believes the the Iron Throne is his by right and that anyone who says otherwise is a thief...that's valid. However, Dany calls the Starks usurpers dogs and pretty much wants them dead, not knowing about her fathers crimes against them and accepting her brothers- she thinks Rhaegar kidnapping Lyanna was romantic. She's biased towards the wrongs of her family without acknowledging the wrongs they committed towards others.

She calls Ned one of the usurper's dogs, which he was. I have never heard her say she wants the rest of the Starks dead. If they don't stand in her way they will be fine.

I'm new here, but I thought that should only be done if the OP says something like "Feel free to add your own favorite leader" or something like that. Otherwise it's like choosing "Z" for an answer on a multiple choice question where the answers are labeled A,B,C,D,E.

Welcome, and I think the OP is wanting to spark a genuine conversation about those who could have or possibly will rule. If not he will chastise and banish me into oblivion... :crying:

Welcome, and I think the OP is wanting to spark a genuine conversation about those who could have or possibly will rule. If not he will chastise and banish me into oblivion... :crying:

LOL and thanks

FYP

Fast and Renly should not be used in the same sentence lol.

How about the Procrastinator King as a better title for Renly.

Who on this website actually wants to endure the hardships of a forced march? Give me procrastination and luxury without consequence any day of the week.

I like Tommen. It seems a nice boy, that likes cats (like me) and hate beets (like me), so he must be a good person.

Not like all the other war-mongering, wannabe kings and queens (Stannis, Renly, Daenerys, Balon, Euron and Robb) that sacrifice thousands in battles to fight for their "right" and "honor".

Archived