Did I see Dorne in the S4 Featurette?

TheReal_Rebel

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/On_the_Set_of_Season_4

I'll try to grab the frame tomorrow to post here, with great excitement I think I saw a scene taking place in Dorne. I believe I saw the Sunspear symbol.

This caused me great excitement in that in the show's compressing of events and characters I thought Dorne for the most part might be thrown by the wayside and gives me hope that many other places and plot lines may yet still be pursued, even if abbreviated, such as: White Harbor, The Citadel & possibly Skagos, may yet be seen :-D

Is there anything you saw in the S4 trailer or onset featurette that you caught that surprised you or clues you that something in the books is likely to appear?

For instance, LF: "Who's side are you on?" It might be Varys, but the person looked like they were sitting and might Infact be Lysa Arynn.

Unfortunately I don't think Dorne is due this season for the T.V. show. Now it's true that Dorne comes to King's Landing via Oberyn and his entourage, due to the Martell's being granted a seat on the small council (which I believe was given to Doran but due to his health he chose not to come and Oberyn comes in his stead).

You'll probably see Arya going to Braavos, you'll see much of Westeros again, and you'll see Dany in Astapor most likely but at this particular point in the T.V. show I believe that Dorne's characters aren't 'in the story' as yet except for Oberyn. The first time we see Dorne from a POV is Aerys Oakheart from Joff's Kingsguard (there to protect Myrcella) with Arianne. SInce it's too early to include that I doubt the T.V. show would go through all that trouble for such a small piece, I think Dorne will start showing up in Season 5, but in the meanwhile enjoy Oberyn's badass-ness!

I heard that Stannis and Davos actually go to the Iron Bank in Braavos in this season :/

Yes, that's in the featurette. Stannis and Davos are standing in front of a big table, and Tycho Nestoris is sitting or standing behind it.

To the OP: where in the video did you think you saw the Martell sigil? Oberyn and Ellaria come to KL with 300 men in the books, and not until aFfC do we get a glimps of Dorne and Sunspear itself, and the rest of Oberyns family. Season 4 will mostly be aSoS, with some story lines being brought forward (like Brienne's). But with Oberyn and Ellaria in KL, and no further Martells that have been cast, it's most likely that Dorne won't be shown yet. Though in case people get really confused, they might start showing Sunspear on the map during the opening sequences, as to show where Oberyn and his entourage came from.

Yes, that's in the featurette. Stannis and Davos are standing in front of a big table, and Tycho Nestoris is sitting or standing behind it.

There is a scene where Mark Gatiss is in and I hadn't noticed it :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: ? Please can you say me where?

Archived