If Quentyn is alive, what will he do in the WoW?

Dany Equals Big Bad

Since I know how to follow directions I will answer the question earnestly.

Thank you. OP knows he's dead. Come on people! Anyway, assuming he survived freeing the dragons that would be huge! Would he have semi-control over the Dragons the Meerenese knot would crazy! If he survived because he never attempted to free the dragons then dorne would get him back leading to more long game from Doran.

Quentyn's purpose was to fulfill the prophecy for Dany. When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. He was the sun.

Uh, now that's interesting. I kinda like this.

I can't see Quentyn returning and don't find his character compelling enough to care. To me he is storyline is a metphor for someone with low self-esteem and little iniative. Not fit to rule or be a major player and complete cannon fodder!

Low self-esteem maybe, but he definitely had initiative. He was very bright and knowledgeable. He read every book put in front of him and knew a boat load about history. And he spoke a few languages and caught on to new ones quick. He also took careful note of how Dany handled her dragons and how to get through the maze to find them.

Guy gets burned to death in his own POV chapter, by a flame breath from Rhaegal, we read about him thinking to himself "I'm so fucked", then we read about him passing away in Barristan POV chapter.

Average reader reaction: Damn, not Quentyn too.

The fanbase: OMG! HE'S TOTALLY ALIVE! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HE'LL BE UP TO IN tWoW!

Guy gets burned to death in his own POV chapter, by a flame breath from Rhaegal, we read about him thinking to himself "I'm so fucked", then we read about him passing away in Barristan POV chapter.

The fanbase: OMG! HE'S TOTALLY ALIVE! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HE'LL BE UP TO IN tWoW!

"Burnt bones prove nothing"

I was fairly skeptical when entering this topic. I felt like Quentyn was without a shadow of a doubt dead and his story in ADWD fairly fulfilling with what he accomplished or failed too. However, a few things pointed out in this thread have me believing that there is a slim chance that he might of survived.

Either way I would be happy. I felt like Quentyn was a fairly likable character and him alive would be a fairly big surprise, but the tragedy of his death and the consequences of it made me happy with his story.

The big thing with Q and dorne for is will they actually blame Dany if they have the full story? As in they know he tried to tame and mount a damn dragon? Doran seems pretty level headed, I don't think he'd risk losing an ally like that just because he got messed up trying to tame a DRAGON. If anything it'll solidify that she does in fact have the real deal, big n brutal dragons vs the stunted things the last of them were. (I find thus funny because I keep exotic prehistoric fish, and if you keep them in a tank too small you will stunt them causing health issues, my favorite are bichirs which are also known as Dragonfins lol)

The big thing with Q and dorne for is will they actually blame Dany if they have the full story?

Some may, the point is that the ready-made alliance between Dany and Dorne is sunk: Dany will of course not ask something from a family whose prince her dragons cooked, and the Martells will be wary of a queen who cooks their ambassadors and refuses to even give them the time of the day before that. Quentyn was not alone, what happened will be known.

It forces Dany to explore other options. I think the course made for her now is:

• Burn Meereen to the ground
  • Bring Vaers Dothrak to her heel
  • Lay waste to Volantis
  • Crush Pentos
  • Make Illyrio squeal
  • Land at Saltpans
  • Join/absorb/meet with Stoneheart/Sansa
  • Burn "Aegon"
  • Move North
The alienation of Dorne pushes her north naturally. Her likely PoV allies, Tyrion and Arya, make her land between KL and the Vale. Zombies make her move, Jon is there to captivate her. Easy.

ETA: woops didn't notice this was the WoW section. Disregard everything the spoiler chapters may contradict.

Characters who have come back to "life":

Catelyn Stark

Beric Dondarrion

The Mountain

Khal Drogo

Brienne (probably)

Characters who might not have been dead in the first place:

Lyanna Stark--might be Septa Lemore

Baby Aegon---might be Aegon

Syrio Forel--might have been a FM all along, which would explain how Jaqen H'gar could have been "captured" given his abilities. Might be the Kindly Man, or Pate, or anybody really.

The Hound--might be the freakishly tall brother with the limp in the hood.

Mance Rayer--was really Rattleshirt.

Characters whose deaths or injuries are suspect:

Ser Loras--might be just fine under all those bandages. Might even be someone else.

Quentyn Martell--might not have been Quentyn to begin with.

Jon Snow--seems awfully anticlamactic to kill him.

Could still come back as some kind of wight or zombie:

Robb

Jon Arryn

Ned

Joffrey

Oberyn

Maester Luwin

Dontos

Balon Greyjoy

The real Reek

Viserys

staggering numbers of redshirts

Not coming back, for sure:

Ygritte

Drogo

Rattleshirt

Jojen Reed

equally staggering numbers of mostly wildling redshirts.

Probably about to die:

Danaerys

Penny

Jon Snow

Brienne

Jaime

Sweetrobin

Cersei

Tommen

Myrcella

Ser Loras

Margaery

Victarion

Characters who have come back to "life":

Catelyn Stark

Beric Dondarrion

The Mountain

Khal Drogo

Brienne (probably)

Characters who might not have been dead in the first place:

Lyanna Stark--might be Septa Lemore

Baby Aegon---might be Aegon

Syrio Forel--might have been a FM all along, which would explain how Jaqen H'gar could have been "captured" given his abilities. Might be the Kindly Man, or Pate, or anybody really.

The Hound--might be the freakishly tall brother with the limp in the hood.

Mance Rayer--was really Rattleshirt.

Characters whose deaths or injuries are suspect:

Ser Loras--might be just fine under all those bandages. Might even be someone else.

Quentyn Martell--might not have been Quentyn to begin with.

Jon Snow--seems awfully anticlamactic to kill him.

Could still come back as some kind of wight or zombie:

Robb

Jon Arryn

Ned

Joffrey

Oberyn

Maester Luwin

Dontos

Balon Greyjoy

The real Reek

Viserys

staggering numbers of redshirts

Khal Drogo - what? he's dead

Brienne (probably) - what? she didn't die

Lyanna Stark - definitely dead

Baby Aegon - might be him but a lot of people doubt it

Syrio Forel - definitely dead

The Hound - Cleganebowl confirmed so yeah

Mance Rayer - still alive

Ser Loras - we will most likely see him again

Quentyn Martell - pretty sure he's dead

Jon Snow - I believe he's dead and gone into Ghost

Could still come back as some kind of wight or zombie - no, just no

Quentyn needs to be dead to move the story forward in Dorne, just like Oberyn's death did.

Quentyn's death will make Doran Martell want to side with Aegon. If he was still alive, or was rumored to be, Doran might still wait for him to come back before giving his support to another Targaryen.

Anyway, I highly doubt he could survive a high dose of dragon fire.

And the old switcheroo theory? Haven't we had enough of it?

why not? Many POV characters have died....are all of their pages wasted too? Maybe he felt he needed another POV in Essos? OR since he was mentioned in the last book it made sense to see what he was getting up to...

I don't see those pages as being wasted....surely they served SOME purpose...?

By the Gods...no one will accept ANYONE being dead in these books....its crazy how many fake death theories there are.

Many POV characters haven't died, lol. So far, we have one for sure.

Doran becomes more and more interesting the more you look at him. His five plans (yes, five!) are each fascinating. His plans have mind-blowing second layers, but none of them seem to make sense yet. And somehow I imagine they fit together.

Doran isn't Littlefinger. He's much more complicated.

So, when people scratch their heads at the idiotic Quentyn plan, there's a reason. It doesn't make sense. There's something else to it. And when people scratch their heads at the weird death of Quentyn, there's a reason. It doesn't make sense. There's something else to it.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on with Quentyn, but it's not what is presented. I'm not sure if he's alive or dead, but something is up.

Has anything in the story been straight-forward? Jon Arryn's death? Bran's attack? Ned's execution? Robert's murder? Dany's attempted assassination?

There is always a switch. Either the murderer or the victim or the motive of the method of killing. Something is switched. That's why everyone is questioning whether Quentyn died or whether Doran was honest when sending Quentyn.

:agree: Doran is known as a master planner. He has been planning his revenge for 17 years. He can't be that stupid. :bang:

This...

The guy is dead. He basically got melted to death by a dragon. If he does come back then a want his physician to treat me if I ever happen to be attacked by a dragon.

Why can't "The sun sets in the East" mean Quentyn is seated in the East, or is entrenched or has become a part of? Or has encited a war? Set has more than one meaning.

{Sorry if this has been discussed before, or this is not the right thread. I have been reading posts for ~3 years and haven't seen it.}

Edit: changed West to East. Nice debut, Doe

Archived