The Craziest **Plausible** Theory

Looking at the text, I believe that the Gravedigger is the Hound. My own personal crackpot is that the Hound is the valonqar who will end Cersei.

I think once the High Septon learns the Hound is a novice under Elder Brother, the Septon will send the Hound to kill Cersei. Vengeance, you know, for Cersei ordering the death of the previous High Septon.

* The Hound is a younger brother to the Mountain

* The Hound is a figurative "little" Brother of the religious order, because he is working as a Novice under a character named Elder Brother

* The Septon has Osney's confession. He knows Cersei ordered the murder of the previous High Septon, and the new Septon isn't the sort of guy to let that slide with JUST a humiliating walk through town.

* The Hound has no love of Lannisters at this point - I think he would take the job happily.

Agreed. It sounds wild and I absolutely loathe the idea of it, but I'd be lying if I said it was implausible.

I don't get how that is even crazy. I really can't read that chapter any other way anymore. It's foreshadowed several times through Jojen's dreams, the fat weirwood in White Harbour... just.... it just is. Or, rather, Jojen is...

Another one is Jojen paste. Ultimately, we were left with the feeling that there is some plausibility to it. I tend to ignore it because I just don't like it.

It's unsavory. I don't like the pervation of its adherants, either. you know, the enthusiasm with which they promulgate their twisted fantasy, as if J. Paste is the biggest "Yes!" they've encountered in the entire series, the thing that's made their investment of time worth it. Paste makes sense only in the sense of the children perhaps "having" to feed royal jelly to Bran to remake him into a queen bee greenseer in a hurry. With Jojen being the key ingredient. And he'd know he was marked for this sacrifice in advance so that fits with how he's been letting his health go? So maybe thus far they've only taken one of his kidneys and pasted it, leaving him alive until they day he knows he'll die, which is when it's time to pulp his nads. Paste fuels the gods' car? Then why the frick hadn't they tracked down that godforsaken Sixskins and pulped his worthless ass years ago????? Wasn't a greenseer? Still, putting warg paste on their tree roots as a substitute is something they should at least try. it would have probably gotten them through the summer, just with their engine pinging a bit is all, like when you get substandard gas at a '76 station.

It's unsavory. I don't like the pervation of its adherants, either. you know, the enthusiasm with which they promulgate their twisted fantasy, as if J. Paste is the biggest "Yes!" they've encountered in the entire series, the thing that's made their investment of time worth it. Paste makes sense only in the sense of the children perhaps "having" to feed royal jelly to Bran to remake him into a queen bee greenseer in a hurry. With Jojen being the key ingredient. And he'd know he was marked for this sacrifice in advance so that fits with how he's been letting his health go? So maybe thus far they've only taken one of his kidneys and pasted it, leaving him alive until they day he knows he'll die, which is when it's time to pulp his nads. Paste fuels the gods' car? Then why the frick hadn't they tracked down that godforsaken Sixskins and pulped his worthless ass years ago????? Wasn't a greenseer? Still, putting warg paste on their tree roots as a substitute is something they should at least try. it would have probably gotten them through the summer, just with their engine pinging a bit is all, like when you get substandard gas at a '76 station.

Is it more or less unsavoury than killing the king, decapitating him and sewing his head to his pet wolf?

Is it more or less unsavoury than twincest?

Is it more or less unsavoury than Littlefinger procuring boys for Lyn Corbray?

Is it more or less unsavoury than ordering the execution of your betrothed's father, and then taunting his daughter with her father's tarredt, impaled head?

Is it more or less unsavoury than.... usw.

I'm genuinely not sure if you're trolling, due to effort and lack of humour.

Is it more or less unsavoury than killing the king, decapitating him and sewing his head to his pet wolf?

Is it more or less unsavoury than twincest?

More than those two

Is it more or less unsavoury than Littlefinger procuring boys for Lyn Corbray?

Less

Is it more or less unsavoury than ordering the execution of your betrothed's father, and then taunting his daughter with her father's tarredt, impaled head?

More

:p

Can someone direct me to a thread about Lem Lemoncloak?

ETA: Oh, and what is Theon Durden about?

The protagonist of the cultmovie Fightclub is called Tyler Durden. If you are familiar with the plot of that movie (or the book) than you'll know what Theon Durden is about and what it has to do with the Hooded Man in WF.

I have to say I have been doing yet another re-read, except that I'm doing it differently this time by listening to the audio books. I have found that I have picked up so much more from my listening than I did from my reading, more in the subtle sense. Of course, it may also be because after a couple of re-reads, hearing the story out loud helps unite various chains of thought that have floated around in my head.

I have never seen the theory on Lem, but I have just listened to aSoS and actually picked up on the story of the knight of skulls and wondered about the comments made by the BWB when they have Arya. I also noticed the missing backstory on Lem, and the interesting comment made by Tansy. Finding this theory is very satisfying!

The obvious problem with that is Theon is too damaged to be able to kill people.

Well the "beauty of schizophrenia" is that the character can be damaged while the second personality is da man.

The one about Melisandre being the daughter of Bloodraven and Sheira Seastar. It's awesomely plausible.

Also the one (it's in one of the PtP threads) that Sansa's cloak that she wore while escaping KL is the Hound's Kingsguard cloak that she dyed and mended while hanging out with Marg and her cousins. I LOVE that one.

That is my favorite as well. Melisandre as Bloodraven's daughter makes total sense.

What, the Hooded Man is Theon wandering around when he thinks he has insomnia? The obvious problem with that is Theon is too damaged to be able to kill people.

ETA: Thanks guys!

I'd say the obvious problem is that the identity of the Hooded Man has been confirmed in the app, and it's not Theon. But we're talking about crazy and plausible, not necessarily crazy and true. :) Hence the Jojen Paste references. Though admittedly that one still could come true in the future.

what does it say in the app?

It's apparently the septon who disappeared along the way, Septon Chayle.

I just read the entry for Chayle and unless I'm using an outdated version (but an update isn't showing up in my app store menu ...) all it says about Chayle is that he was thrown down the well. So I'm wondering where that's coming from and why people think it's Chayle.

Chayle didn't "disappear along the way." He was thrown down a damn well.

It's apparently the septon who disappeared along the way, Septon Chayle.

That's funny, I once read a very well thought out theory that said it was probably Septon Chayle and have since believed it. Big hint was he told Theon the GODS weren't done with him after Theon threw him down a well and said something like "There's no place for your gods here." Also, Osha in book one jumps out of the pool without finding the bottom, so implied that it was connected to the well.

Also, HM probably had to be someone from Winterfell based on his interaction with Theon, and Septon Chayle was the only person unaccounted for while all the other men were killed by Ramsay.

EDIT: AND when Bran tries to warn the Septon that he is going to drown, he mentions that he grew up in the White Knife and is a strong swimmer.

Also, HM probably had to be someone from Winterfell based on his interaction with Theon, and Septon Chayle was the only person unaccounted for while all the other men were killed by Ramsay.

The spearwives killed all of the Bolton/Frey men except Little Walder, who was killed by Big Walder. The hooded man, whoever he is or isn't, never killed anyone, nor did Ramsay, not his men anyway.

Archived