The Craziest **Plausible** Theory

While a suit of armor could potentially add to someones height a little and hide their obesity, you're right, it wouldn't be enough to make Robert Baratheon comparable with Gregor Clegane. I forgot that Robert Strong's height was specifically mentioned in the book.

Sorry to ruin your fun because I actually think Robert would have been better. What if he "remembered" who he was and killed Cersei during the trial by combat? How freaking awesome would that me.

Awe... I just gave myself a slight case of the sads.

ASoIaF is a first person narrative told from the POV of Bloodraven.

When Varamyr wargs a person it drives her mad. When Bran does Hodor it just creeps him out a little. But with decades of practice, BR can slip into anyone's skin unobtrusively and quietly observe. He never wargs kings like Robb or Stannis because that's who he's keeping an eye on. Likewise LF and Varys get no chapters because the eye sees not itself. When the text says that Theon did this or Cercei felt that, BR is just cataloging his observations.

This means that BR and therefore Bran and ultimately House Stark know everything the reader knows.

Ser Robert Strong being Robert Baratheon reanimated, not Gregor Clegane.

I joked about it in another thread, but it's still vaguely plausible. Very highly unlikely, but plausible...

Yes! ........................................................ (Yes!) There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Robert was tall, but not as tall as Gregor. Robert Strong is I believe described as freakishly tall like Gregor. Robert was also pretty darn fat at the time of his death, and RS isn't.

His head is hidden from us. So it can be a non-gregor surprise head sitting atop teh mountain's bod.

I actually think Robert would have been better. What if he "remembered" who he was and killed Cersei during the trial by combat? How freaking awesome

They'll see each other at the end when the helmet comes off and the zombie stirs somewhat into full consciousness, and they'll stare at each other, and they'll share one of the final soliloquies (because Cersei will have to do most of the talking) that caps off the series and puts it all in perspective. Then, .....'stein monsters will do what stein monsters do. Qyburn's persona is I believe what makes all of this plausible. He's a bar of the nut variety, and his odd notions of what's best would lead him to put Robert back in play as the answer in his mind to "Who'd be the most awesomest protector the queen could ever have, the most unwavering backer? Why, it'd be the guy who loved her in life and stood by her despite all of her shit. So I'll take his fighting spirit and combine it with a body that's still in its prime so Robert's unstoppable martial dominance can assert itself again like he was when he won the throne. After all, the only thing holding Gregor back was his idiocy, now he's got the brain he needs to weild all that strength the right way. It's perfect. And I've also played graveyard matchmaker, which makes me extra proud of this achievement! Won't the queen be delighted when she finds out!" ---from Qyburn's thought process.

Then why the frick hadn't they tracked down that godforsaken Sixskins and pulped his worthless ass years ago?????

He was probably too stringy. Jojen likely has a taste and texture more closely related to veal or puppies.

I'm genuinely not sure if you're trolling, due to effort and lack of humour.

MoTo never trolls. He's more series than Stannis.

The app is actually part of the same web-sight as this forum. To look anything up I like to start here.

No. The site you linked is a wiki. It's fan-edited. The app is an official complementary product. The only thing 'same' about the app and the wiki is that it's on the same topic and the administrators of this website and the co-authors of the app are the same people.

It's unsavory. I don't like the pervation of its adherants, either. you know, the enthusiasm with which they promulgate their twisted fantasy, as if J. Paste is the biggest "Yes!" they've encountered in the entire series, the thing that's made their investment of time worth it. Paste makes sense only in the sense of the children perhaps "having" to feed royal jelly to Bran to remake him into a queen bee greenseer in a hurry. With Jojen being the key ingredient. And he'd know he was marked for this sacrifice in advance so that fits with how he's been letting his health go? So maybe thus far they've only taken one of his kidneys and pasted it, leaving him alive until they day he knows he'll die, which is when it's time to pulp his nads. Paste fuels the gods' car? Then why the frick hadn't they tracked down that godforsaken Sixskins and pulped his worthless ass years ago????? Wasn't a greenseer? Still, putting warg paste on their tree roots as a substitute is something they should at least try. it would have probably gotten them through the summer, just with their engine pinging a bit is all, like when you get substandard gas at a '76 station.

Well Jojen's dreams are never literal and the fact is, he's been very gloom and doom with his talk about foreseeing his death. But it's not the blood of Jojen that is important here. Most proponents I've seen put emphasis on the sacrifice, not just "the paste needs some blood." Only death can pay for life. If Bran is the counterpart to Daenerys in the scheme of Ice and Fire, this makes perfect sense.

No. The site you linked is a wiki. It's fan-edited. The app is an official complementary product. The only thing 'same' about the app and the wiki is that it's on the same topic and the administrators of this website and the co-authors of the app are the same people.

Is the app any better?

Is the app any better?

It depends. It's 'better' in that it's an Official GRRM product, so what's included is accurate. The wiki is 'better' simply because there are more entries and collected info. The drawback is that it's a wiki, which means it's user edited. Any monkey can write whatever they want, like the bozo who edited in "Puddles" as the name of the Other that Samwell savagely slayed.

I have the app and I frequently refer to the wiki as a quick guide. I don't think one is better than the other. I like having the app and I like that a wiki is available on this site. My point was just that they aren't the same thing.

Yes! ........................................................ (Yes!) There are dozens of us! Dozens!

His head is hidden from us. So it can be a non-gregor surprise head sitting atop teh mountain's bod.

They'll see each other at the end when the helmet comes off and the zombie stirs somewhat into full consciousness, and they'll stare at each other, and they'll share one of the final soliloquies (because Cersei will have to do most of the talking) that caps off the series and puts it all in perspective. Then, .....'stein monsters will do what stein monsters do. Qyburn's persona is I believe what makes all of this plausible. He's a bar of the nut variety, and his odd notions of what's best would lead him to put Robert back in play as the answer in his mind to "Who'd be the most awesomest protector the queen could ever have, the most unwavering backer? Why, it'd be the guy who loved her in life and stood by her despite all of her shit. So I'll take his fighting spirit and combine it with a body that's still in its prime so Robert's unstoppable martial dominance can assert itself again like he was when he won the throne. After all, the only thing holding Gregor back was his idiocy, now he's got the brain he needs to weild all that strength the right way. It's perfect. And I've also played graveyard matchmaker, which makes me extra proud of this achievement! Won't the queen be delighted when she finds out!" ---from Qyburn's thought process.

Jumpin' Jotnar on a Trampoline! Why have i completely missed this theory and someone please provide me a link to it via PM or here. Ive actually never heard this before and it sounds really gr9mazing.

Jumpin' Jotnar on a Trampoline! Why have i completely missed this theory and someone please provide me a link to it via PM or here. Ive actually never heard this before and it sounds really gr9mazing.

And wouldn't a Mountain/Robert Baratheon hybrid make an awesome wight? I love "Jumpin' Jotnar on a Trampoline!" I somehow put the two together and came up with this: Wight Men Can't Jump. :laugh:

ASoIaF is a first person narrative told from the POV of Bloodraven.

When Varamyr wargs a person it drives her mad. When Bran does Hodor it just creeps him out a little. But with decades of practice, BR can slip into anyone's skin unobtrusively and quietly observe. He never wargs kings like Robb or Stannis because that's who he's keeping an eye on. Likewise LF and Varys get no chapters because the eye sees not itself. When the text says that Theon did this or Cercei felt that, BR is just cataloging his observations.

This means that BR and therefore Bran and ultimately House Stark know everything the reader knows.

There are not enough hallucinogens on the planet for me to ever conceive of anything like this. now everything is suddenly spinning.

And wouldn't a Mountain/Robert Baratheon hybrid make an awesome wight? I love "Jumpin' Jotnar on a Trampoline!" I somehow put the two together and came up with this: Wight Men Can't Jump. :laugh:

More like Frost Giants Cant Jump. :P

Still waiting for a link to that theory cuz it sounds awesome.

Archived