What if Jon Really is Dead?

John Suburbs

If he is dead then there was 5 books of Jon for nothing. Seriously, his death can do nothing to advance the story, and the only POV left at the wall would be Melisandre. Only if his death could advance the story would I be inclined to think it is true and final, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how his death would advance the story even the slightest.

I get it, this is Westeros and GRRM has a penchant for killing off our beloved, but GRRM has a purpose and rationale for killing characters.

I don't know who "John" is, so I can't say much about that.

But I feel that Jon Snow is still kickin' inside his wolf.

Sorry, I've never been a stickler for details. This post is all in jest after all because J's death, at least a permanent death, would make no sense whatsoever.

And yet, GRRM does not like us to get too comfortable with the safety of beloved characters...

GRRM goes about killing lots of characters and it's one of the things I admire about the story (and hate because they tend to be my favourites) but those deaths tend to serve a purpose to the plot. I can't see the plot getting more out of Jon dying than him staying alive (at the moment at least) other than the 'shock factor.'

We still have so much more to see from Jon imo and his arc is only beginning to reach it's climax (AA reborn, fight against others, R+L=J reveal, GNC?) it hasn't concluded yet. If it has I would be disappointed.

Archived