So, who's definitely gonna die in The Winds of Winter?

LooseyRoosey

Pretty Sure:

Margaery

Tommen

Victarion or Barristan

Brienne or UnCat or Jaime

Theon

Khal Jhoqo

Robert Arryn

Jon Connington

More Freys

Probably:

Stannis

Ramsay

Cersei

Myrcella

Asha

Damphair

Robert Strong

Balon Swann

Maybe:

Littlefinger

Roose

Jorah

Another Stark

Nobody's gonna die. They'll all wake up one day with blackened skin and pale blue eyes.

Except for Hodor. He'll be the last remaining warm-blooded human and will finally sit the Iron Throne, or the "Hodor hodor" as he likes to call it.

Nah I don't think so. Cersei is a glorious villain so her dead will happen in ADOS

I don't know if I want her to stay a villain. She is a bit too one-dimmensional at the moment. I would like to see her start along a path to partial redemption only to have it cut short, so that when she dies, I feel bad for her. Right now I don't.

I wonder if all the Game of Thrones cast is going to read the new book hella fast the second it comes out to know if they're gonna need to start looking for new jobs soon.

I can see Lena Headey being like, "Oh shit! I'm unemployed next year!"

I see Jaime on a lot of lists, but I somehow think he survives at least to the last book. He is going to come full circle, and he is almost there.

I suspect we will see the following die off:

Walder Frey (Old age though)

Marsh

Robert Strong

(Whomever fights him)

Mace Tyrell

Barristan

I think that Barristan is going to live. In any other book he'd be doomed, because he's old and this feels like it ought to be his last job, but GRRM loves to subvert tropes, kill characters who would have been completely safe in any other book, and generally do what other authors wouldn't. I won't be shocked if he dies, but I'll be very unsurprised if he does, in fact, live.

GRRM has said that "several" people will sit the Iron Thron before the end, and so far we've only had three, so I'd say Tommen is clearly doomed.

I wonder if all the Game of Thrones cast is going to read the new book hella fast the second it comes out to know if they're gonna need to start looking for new jobs soon.

I can see Lena Headey being like, "Oh shit! I'm unemployed next year!"

There is an urban legend about David Thewlis not wanting to break the sad news to a quite happy Gary Oldman about his fate in Order of the Phoenix because he thought he would work in movie six.

I don't really see Theon dying. Or Jaime. GRRM has a soft spot for cripples. It seems like when a character is maimed they are given a new purpose (Bran). I know we shouldn't always look at the show to gauge where the books are headed by it seems like Jaime's headed for the wall on HBO and I could see him being a good candidate for LCotNW.

Dead:

Tommen

Mrycella

Victarion :crying:

Littlefinger

Doran

Ramsay

Roose

UnGregor

Mathis Rowan

Bowen Marsh

Several Freys, all at Winterfell

Maybe dead:

Stannis :bawl:

Barristan

Jon Con

Cersei

Jojen

Jorah

Jaime

Loras

Brienne

Illyrio

Robert Arryn

Several Freys, many in Riverlands

I'm confidant Theon and Margaery won't die.

I don't really see Theon dying. Or Jaime. GRRM has a soft spot for cripples. It seems like when a character is maimed they are given a new purpose (Bran). I know we shouldn't always look at the show to gauge where the books are headed by it seems like Jaime's headed for the wall on HBO and I could see him being a good candidate for LCotNW.

These abbreviations are getting silly.

Oh, and Hoster Blackwood. Kid doesn't have the chops for Kings Landing.

Even if you have no talent for intrigue, it's possible to live very long in King's Landing as long as no one has a reason to kill you (Exhibit A: Lollys Stokeworth) or if you are more valuable alive (Exhibit B: Sansa). The ones at highest risk are the low-to-middling-talent players, the ones that enter the game and then lose. There are two ways to not die in the Game of Thrones: Win, and don't play.

Archived