Multiple 'Game of Thrones' Movies Eyed by George R.R. Martin

Veltigar

Well I, for one, would be happy to see an end of story movie. It could be a good way to bring the epic events to screen, which will be very hard to do on the small screen.

We are supposed to eventually see some very epically scaled events involving dragons, White Walkers, possibly krakens and leviathans, huge army clashes and some serious drama as well. The show has been pushing their luck so far witht the effects needs and zooming in so we don't notice the lack of scale. They've done great with what they have, but a big screen and finally the chance to zoom out and show real scale for the War for the Dawn would be great.

The show could finish off season 7 with the second Dance, whatever form it takes.

Hard for me to imagine GRRM letting a movie be the end of his epic book series...it almost seems like a cop-out on GRRM's part, admitting he's not able to finish the story as a writer. Hard for me to believe that would happen.

If it doesn't happen in a movie, it will happen in the tv series.

I wouldn't say it's a 'cop-out', though. He doesn't seem terribly happy about the possibility of getting outstripped by the show, so it's not as if he planned on it. It just happened.

Why not ?

I really don't think that HBO can do a satisfying ending with only 7 seasons so one more 3 hours movie could help and they can be sure that there will be people in the cinema.

But yes, I would like to see the Rebellion in adaptation as well. But I would prefer it in a mini-series, 2/3 hours may be a little too short.

Edit: But yes, the logistic of filming such a movie... It's seems quite impossible.

Archived