Kill 3 characters after Robert's death to stabilize and improve things in Westeros as much as you can.

This is just after Ned is arrested.

It was a hard choice and there are many alternatives but I would go with Tywin, Littlefinger, Varys.

Even if killing some others could bring a faster end of war or less war now, Littlefinger and Varys might destabilize things again. So they need to go. Eliminating Tywin greatly weakens the Lannisters and makes it likelier for Renly or Stannis to win. Indeed Stannis might be bolder and declare himself king faster if the Lannisters are weaker. Either Renly crushes Stannis without much casualties or Stannis murders Renly and get Stormlands, eitherway without Tywin, at this point I find the Lannisters not lasting and see an earlier end to the war. Most importantly you would not have both Varys and LF trying to help Lannisters against Stannis. So without Tywin, Lannisters doing therefore worse and also no Littlefinger, Varys, I find it unlikely for Tyrells to ally with Lannisters. It is also important that Tywin does not reunite with Tyrion to send him to rule as hand in KL.

Not completly sure it is the best choice since there are other alternatives but I choose these three. With these three deaths although not a certain deal it probably ends with Stannis on top considering Melisandre ability to use the shadowbaby.

Well Varys and Littlefinger are determined to sow as much chaos as possible so they have to go and for the third I'd pick Tyrion actually. Without Tyrion, Stannis takes KL rather easily and puts the incest kids to the sword so Tywin's got nothing left to fight for, and Robb and the Northerners have their revenge.

There's no Tyrell/Lannister alliance, and no offer of the girls for the Kingslayer is made, so Cat doesn't release Jaime. When word comes from the NW, Stannis AND Robb both pay heed and make temporary peace so they can fight the Others together.

I'm going with Joff and LF, because that keeps Eddard Stark alive, he might then be able to hand over the throne to Stannis, no blood shed at all.

The third could be Dany, because that will prevent her slaver's bay carnage as well as whomever she kills when she invades, but I don't have the heart for that.

I'll kill Cersei as the third because she's bat shit crazy, evil and stupid.

I'm going with Joff and LF, because that keeps Eddard Stark alive, he might then be able to hand over the throne to Stannis, no blood shed at all.

The third could be Dany, because that will prevent her slaver's bay carnage as well as whomever she kills when she invades, but I don't have the heart for that.

I'll kill Cersei as the third because she's bat shit crazy, evil and stupid.

You dont need to spare a death in Daenerys. Killing Joff means Barristan is still a KG so he cant save her in Qarth.

I wouldn't want this to happen because the last two at least don't deserve anything but ponies and chocolate but... Joffery, Myrcella, and Tommen.

Then most reasonable people wouldn't contests Stannis's right to the throne*. Renly would still be a problem I guess. But Stannis wouldn't kill Ned. Cersei wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Varys would still be plotting, but death and taxes so...

*Not that I particularly want Stannis to be king.

If stability is our one and only goal, I'd probably say Stannis, Robb, and Renly. Preventing the War of the Five Kings would prevent the majority of the turmoil. As there's no one left to challenge the Iron Throne, the realm would remain relatively stable under the Lannisters. With the Northern forces still in the North, Balon has jack all he can do. Without chaos erupting, Littlefinger has no opportunity to rise as of yet. And with the realm stable, Varys and Illyrio would likely shy away from enacting their master plan. With Tywin at court instead of off fighting in the Riverlands, Joff is kept under control. Doran Martell continues to seethe in quite desperation, which is what he's good at.

Down the line, would things erupt? Quite possibly. But we'd have a nice chunk of stability and that's all you can ever hope for in Westeros anyway.

If stability is our one and only goal, I'd probably say Stannis, Robb, and Renly. Preventing the War of the Five Kings would prevent the majority of the turmoil. As there's no one left to challenge the Iron Throne, the realm would remain relatively stable under the Lannisters. With the Northern forces still in the North, Balon has jack all he can do. Without chaos erupting, Littlefinger has no opportunity to rise as of yet. And with the realm stable, Varys and Illyrio would likely shy away from enacting their master plan. With Tywin at court instead of off fighting in the Riverlands, Joff is kept under control. Doran Martell continues to seethe in quite desperation, which is what he's good at.

Down the line, would things erupt? Quite possibly. But we'd have a nice chunk of stability and that's all you can ever hope for in Westeros anyway.

Somehow, with Joffrey and Cersei still in power, I think LF and Varys could find plenty of ways to sow chaos...and I suspect either one of them would see to it that Tywin died, (like Varys did with Kevan) if it seemed he was doing too good a job of stabilizing the Lannister regime. And Cersei/Joffrey on their own as we can see are inevitably a recipe for disaster...

And without, Stannis OR Robb, who's going to heed the NW when they call for help?!?

Somehow, with Joffrey and Cersei still in power, I think LF and Varys could find plenty of ways to sow chaos...and I suspect either one of them would see to it that Tywin died, (like Varys did with Kevan) if it seemed he was doing too good a job of stabilizing the Lannister regime. And Cersei/Joffrey on their own as we can see are inevitably a recipe for disaster...

And without, Stannis OR Robb, who's going to heed the NW when they call for help?!?

I think without the war to occupy his mind, Tywin would have a much better grasp on King's Landing. He'd probably send Cersei off to Casterly Rock pretty quickly and he would bring the hammer down on Joff. Besides, Joff is underage and that would leave Tywin as regent with supreme power for a couple good years. Plus even if Tywin is killed, Kevan would take up the mantle and do an equally good job.

As for The Watch.... who says they need help? All the WIldlings really want is a big wall between them and The Others. Even if they overtook Castle Black it wouldn't be the end of the world. Perhaps Jon could have organized a treaty with them. Or heck, maybe the world would get overrun by White Walkers. But as we know absolutely nothing about the Others yet, I'm not comfortable speculating on that part. I still think there's a genuine chance that the destruction of worlds is not their goal.

Joffrey, Dany, Varys.

Joffrey the shitty king doesnt kill Ned, he is send to the wall, become LC after 12minutes. And when he call for help everyone will listent to him.
Dany is dragon crazy girl who knows nothing doesnt burn half essos and never bring dragon to westeros.
Varys isnt there to disturb the power. (imo in that sense Varys is worse than LF)

Stannis is easily defeated because all the eyes and manpower are against him since Robb retreated with his army on Ned's order.
Iron Born are scared of Tywin and cant attack the North since North's army is home.
Dorne still sit on their assses forever.
Aegon try to come to Westeros but it is more stable and he is defeated easily.

1)Joffrey. Then Ned doesn't die, but accepts Cersei's deal and goes to the wall. Sansa is kept hostage. Robb doesn't have to declare war. Barristan never goes to Qarth and Dany dies there.

2)Stannis & Renly. Tommen will marry Margaery and there will be no war of five kings, nor any reason for anyone to think that Toimmen's claim was false.. Tywin will probably figure LF out soon (with his attention not distracted by wars and stuff) and eliminate him.

Archived