TTTNE425: Do it for Denmark!

Nerolunar

Hello all, how're you?

So Spring Break has started today, and i feel like i deserved a week off. :smug: :P

Hi Koba love! :leer: :grouphug:

:cheers: Gotta love spring break! Mine will start in a week.

Thanks Fefe :grouphug: i appreciate it . i'm not great at repressing either , i'm just very good at putting on a brave face during the day until there's no one around to see me ... i'm fucked up .

Everybody is fucked up, some people just more so than others. Frankly, I find the latter much more interesting to make conversation with.

Thanks Lany :grouphug:

on the bright side , all this gloominess and loneliness is making me a better violinist .

ETA: Thanks Fefe , i just think my shadows are a bit darker than what you're expecting , i'm responsible for horrible things .

Welp it's official: my dog can jump Over the baby/dog gate with no trouble at all. Of course when your end goal is getting to the cat food I'm sure nothing can stop you. We should have named the dog Arya instead of Summer haha

Thanks Lany :grouphug:

on the bright side , all this gloominess and loneliness is making me a better violinist .

ETA: Thanks Fefe , i just think my shadows are a bit darker than what you're expecting , i'm responsible for horrible things .

I didn't know you played violin :)

Your shadows are likely darker, since I have a habit of assuming the best when dealing with people. I don't know how far off my image of you is from reality.

Buck: There is only one true Tivoli. Know your place :devil:

:boxing:

:P

@Eyron: Finances... it's his money. I pay the bills, the repairmen and stuff in practice, but it's his money, since I don't have a job. It's not the money he'd have a problem with, if he had a problem with the whole thing. More like the emotional part, that he bought an apartment when I was baby so I would have a place to go when I go to college and renovated it and it was a part of his life plan for me and I wanna leave it behind and go my own way. And the attachment part. That this will loosen my attachment to them even more (and it's loosened enough for his liking already that I live alone) and he's 'losing' me. Or that's what I think he'd think. And thanks for your advice too

@Buck: Then it's not just here. Yeah, peers will say "Meh, she doesn't have a life". Though again, that's me worrying too much about what other (irrelevant) people think of me. Bad habit. Btw, my mother said it'll be either Italy or France, they haven't decided yet. Thanks for sharing your opinion

Well, I did not actually hear anybody say that to me, but I feel like people are thinking that when I go on a holiday ... but I suspect people do not really think about half the things I fear they do, it is all just in my head. ;) So it might be that you are overthinking too - at least that is my experience with fearing what others would think. Because mostly they do not think anything about it, it is just me worrying they do. Enjoy the vacation. :)

On the apartment - wow, your father sounds like really generous, and he did put a lot of work into it ... maybe you need to rethink the exact reasons you want to move (and how do you want the new place to differ from the current one) and talk to him about possibly just adjusting the current apartment? I know you mentioned you wish for a bigger place, but for example, a lot can be done simply by arranging the furniture, and the room looks bigger at once. :)

Welp it's official: my dog can jump Over the baby/dog gate with no trouble at all. Of course when your end goal is getting to the cat food I'm sure nothing can stop you. We should have named the dog Arya instead of Summer haha

My relatives used to have a dog that could jump over this quite high fence (for him anyway). He looked very elegant doing so: starting to run on the path, jumping off, flating over the fence ...

But it eventually turned out bad for him. :(

:lol:

@Kungs: That's exactly what I'd say to others too :D Things seem SO much easier from the outsider POV :cheers: Thanks for your opinion!

Things are always easier from an outsider POV though ;)

I didn't know you played violin :)

Your shadows are likely darker, since I have a habit of assuming the best when dealing with people. I don't know how far off my image of you is from reality.

really ? i thought i mentioned it before :idea: anyway , yes Fefe , i do play the violin :D

well then we should talk more don't you think ? you could try to come to chat more often , i'm usually there and i like you , i really do . i'm more likely to be very honest with you and who knows , maybe i'll tell you about my shadows , only 1 person on the forums knows all of them and that person is also the only one that knows all of them in general not just on the forum .

really ? i thought i mentioned it before :idea: anyway , yes Fefe , i do play the violin :D

well then we should talk more don't you think ? you could try to come to chat more often , i'm usually there and i like you , i really do . i'm more likely to be very honest with you and who knows , maybe i'll tell you about my shadows , only 1 person on the forums knows all of them and that person is also the only one that knows all of them in general not just on the forum .

I like you too, fefe, and I'm planning to go to chat more often. I appreciate honesty, and I'd like to talk more.

Rhae, yes it is with jewellery and accessories and all...and it is meh... so I am considrring my options. Even hubby was puzzled when he saw it. He said it looked different when I tried it on in the store. Ahhhhhh tough life.

Then get another dress. If you can afford it, do get another dress by all means. If you don't feel good in that dress it'll spoil an otherwise great event because you'll just feel disappointed about yourself. It's not worth it. And you can use the first dress any other time. :) Last minute dress disasters usually turn out well. A daughter of a family friend decided to change her bridal gown a day before her wedding because she didn't like the original one and wanted everything to be perfect. And she was happy she did so.

a) go with your family. have FUN!

B) need to know more info first: why do you want to move? what is the difference in cost? can you afford the difference? Are you the one paying all the expenses? (should have asked that first). In addition to the rent, will the electricity/heating/cooling costs be more (bigger places usually do)? will it cost more to get to work/school/family? do you really need a bigger place?

No, I'm not the one paying. As for costs it would most likely be higher than now though not significantly from the electricity/gas/water point of view. From other points of views, it'd save me money. If I had a laundry room, I wouldn't have to pay for laundry service, if I had a bigger kitchen, I'd not eat out that often. Travel costs wouldn't change at all. And yeah, I kinda feel like a phase is closing in my life and this place was perfect for these 3 years of uni that's what it's fit for. But you know, I'm 21 now and I want to establish an entirely independent life, get a part time job if I'm admitted to MA, or a full time one if I'm not and start paying for my own living. Maybe I see this the wrong way and I should get a job first and then move when I'm already able to pay for it myself.

Well, I did not actually hear anybody say that to me, but I feel like people are thinking that when I go on a holiday ... but I suspect people do not really think about half the things I fear they do, it is all just in my head. So it might be that you are overthinking too - at least that is my experience with fearing what others would think. Because mostly they do not think anything about it, it is just me worrying they do. Enjoy the vacation.

On the apartment - wow, your father sounds like really generous, and he did put a lot of work into it ... maybe you need to rethink the exact reasons you want to move (and how do you want the new place to differ from the current one) and talk to him about possibly just adjusting the current apartment? I know you mentioned you wish for a bigger place, but for example, a lot can be done simply by arranging the furniture, and the room looks bigger at once.

I KNOW!!! I feel like that all the time! That people must think negative things about me. But that's most likely pure paranoia and nothing else... Dunno. Let's check.

*turns to tttne* Do you guys think I don't have a life? :D

Just kidding.

I know he is. That's why I don't want to hurt his feelings or make him think I don't appreciate things. It's not about rearrangement, I'd have done that if it was that. Well, I'll give this question some time. Lots of time probably and we'll see.

Things are always easier from an outsider POV though ;)

Indeed :)

i'm not great at repressing either , i'm just very good at putting on a brave face during the day until there's no one around to see me ... i'm fucked up .

this is normal procedure for a lot of people, including myself. I really don't have anyone that I tell all my worries and pains to.

I just can't. I don't trust people anymore, and I never expect to bond with anyone. It sounds horrible, I know, but I have tried. I tried opening up. So, if you have someone, be happy for that if nothing else.

this is normal procedure for a lot of people, including myself. I really don't have anyone that I tell all my worries and pains to.

I just can't. I don't trust people anymore, and I never expect to bond with anyone. It sounds horrible, I know, but I have tried. I tried opening up. So, if you have someone, be happy for that if nothing else.

I'm sorry. I really am :frown5: Mostly because I can relate, though I have found someone who I can load off on.

I'm sorry. I really am :frown5: Mostly because I can relate, though I have found someone who I can load off on.

Thank you for your sympathy, I think of it as a luxury problem. I have people to talk to about my daily stuff, but there are things from the past that just flow over me sometimes and I can't even articulate them. I have a huge problem in sharing and being vulnerable in front someone.

I am glad you do have someone like that. :grouphug:

I asked whhich title everyone thought was best in the last thread, thanks for your reply everyone!

Fragile Bird (lost your quote):

I also vote The Dethroned.

The first it is :) That was my favorite as well. I don't know if I will go for 'The Dethroned' or simply 'Dethroned'.

Personally I think it's very different, but I had the same concern as well. But there's no magic, the characters are universally gray (by which I mean no Joffreys or Briennes), it's of a smaller scale, and it focuses more on the differences between several wielders of power, and the effect said power has on them.

:rofl: But IIRC, YOU were the one who suggested King's End when we mailed each other! ( might be wrong though)

It's okay if you don't like them.

I have to admit I don't really like your suggestions, I think they sound very generic :( Sorry. (Then again, The Dethroned isn't that distinct as well, but I think it sounds more epic and covers the load of the book better.)

The problem is that i't's pretty spoiler-y. Like 'The Return of the King', it basically reveal one of the things that happens at the end.

I suggested Kings End?? :D

Yeah, somebody pointed out the spoilerish nature of it.

I agree. Royal Quandary, and Crown of Chaos are generic and not very good. I'm trying to think of a title for you that combines the idea of the struggle and hints at what it's leading to without giving away anything. Like how Game of Thrones is so brilliant.

I think maybe it starts with writing a good brief summary of the plot, then summarize THAT - and keep condensing till you're down to two or threee words - and you've got it . . . or not. But it might work. :dunno:

I suggested Kings End?? :D

Yeah, somebody pointed out the spoilerish nature of it.

I agree. Royal Quandary, and Crown of Chaos are generic and not very good. I'm trying to think of a title for you that combines the idea of the struggle and hints at what it's leading to without giving away anything. Like how Game of Thrones is so brilliant.

I think maybe it starts with writing a good brief summary of the plot, then summarize THAT - and keep condensing till you're down to two or threee words - and you've got it . . . or not. But it might work. :dunno:

well... "people killing people" is what it would come down to. :D But I'll try it. Thanks for the idea. And I agree, GoT is a great title, I need something that is both like and unlike that. Or just unlike that.

Archived