TTTNE425: Do it for Denmark!

Nerolunar

Congratulations on the win L_T!

And congratulations on the thread, Nero. I like your av with the Danish flag behind. Who is the young man?

I've only been on Danish soil long enough to change flights for Oslo. I did enjoy getting to see Denmark from the air.

Somewhere I read that Denmark gets like 20% of its electricity from wind. We get maybe 1% in the USA.

(sorry about the emoticons!)

And now my first world problem...So I'm going home for the vacation and there's my best friend's wedding (my husbands sister) I need to attend. I was looking for a perfect dress of course and it was extra important to me because I don't get to dress up nicely...ever...I work with kids and I'm always in sporty style and then I go home or to the mall and I continue with sporty style so this was a rare opportunity for me to really go all girly and by myself a nice elegant dress. Also,I've lost like 18 kg in last year and I am so happy stuff look good on me again and I wanted to show off a little (I know...I know...give poor girl a break). I found the dress and shoes and everything...and when I put everything on my outfit was lacking that wow quality...it was decent...but I don't want decent I want wow effect :( So now two days before my trip I'm sad. I don't know what to do, Hubby says he wants me to be happy and satisfied on the wedding so if I want it I should buy different dress. But I don't want to spend all that money again...it would feel irresponsible...even though I have it...that's not the point...I just don't like wasting money. So what do you guys think? Should I suck it up and wear what I have even though it's only mes or should I buy another more wow dress?

If the dress is decent, maybe you can put it over the top with other touches? Or hair & makeup? Flowers? A garland of spring flowers? Is there a seamstress your mom/family know who could make a change in the dress to give it some "wow!"?

You first. :)

Is your outfit completely put together? Accessories and everything? Because a pretty bag or a pretty necklace can add that wow effect. If you're not sure about your outfit and don't want to spend a lot of money on another dress, I think it's a good option to try and find a piece of accessory that'll give the outfit that extra glam you want. But if you feel like that's not enough... Here's a piece of story from me. I saw an amazing dress on the internet for my prom, but it was only sold in the US. Very pretty, 40s-ish, but I wasn't gonna fly to the US to get it, or order a damn expensive dress for another damn lot of money (which might not even fit). So my mom suggested we find a tailor who'll make it for me with the changes I might want. We agreed and all, but the tailor totally screwed up my dress, it was awful and I hated it. This was one day before the prom. So I just threw a tantrum that I'll not wear this stuff and I'll just wear the cocktail dress I wore to a wedding the previous summer. But my mom knew I wasn't happy with that, so she and my sister went dress hunting for me while I was on the prom rehearsal. And they found this salon and took me there and I ended up having an amazing amazing amazing dress I loved and everybody praised on the prom. So I say if the accessories option is not satisfying enough, heed your husband and get a new dress. You can still wear this one for some occasion later

And thanks for much for your advice I kinda think he'd say the same... I'll see. Maybe I'll ask my mother what she thinks first. And this would be the time when I ask my grandma first... well, that's life. Oh, and do get some rest and vacation time during your trip, and stay away from considering a vacation with Victarion

@Kungs: That's exactly what I'd say to others too Things seem SO much easier from the outsider POV Thanks for your opinion!

@Eyron: Finances... it's his money. I pay the bills, the repairmen and stuff in practice, but it's his money, since I don't have a job. It's not the money he'd have a problem with, if he had a problem with the whole thing. More like the emotional part, that he bought an apartment when I was baby so I would have a place to go when I go to college and renovated it and it was a part of his life plan for me and I wanna leave it behind and go my own way. And the attachment part. That this will loosen my attachment to them even more (and it's loosened enough for his liking already that I live alone) and he's 'losing' me. Or that's what I think he'd think. And thanks for your advice too

@Buck: Then it's not just here. Yeah, peers will say "Meh, she doesn't have a life". Though again, that's me worrying too much about what other (irrelevant) people think of me. Bad habit. Btw, my mother said it'll be either Italy or France, they haven't decided yet. Thanks for sharing your opinion

Thanks to potato and LadyQ for your advice too!

Love you guys, you are such wise and helpful and loving people.

I think you got enough good advice about the vacation, though I would have asked where they are going. If your family is going to the sea shore or anywhere special - why would you miss that?

As for the apartment, my aunt's family has held the same apartment (she died, her daughter has it now) since I was little. Here in America we change apartments, & houses all the time - there's even a thing called "flipping houses" where you buy a place that needs some tlc (tender loving care - fixing things, brightening, improving) work on it for a month or two, then sell it right away at a profit. Apartments and houses are easy to find in most places in America.

In Europe that's not really true is it? It would be kind of a big deal for you to let go of this apartment wouldn't it? I understand how it can suck to be in a place that doesn't fit you, but are you sure you can find something you will like better?

Welp it's official: my dog can jump Over the baby/dog gate with no trouble at all. Of course when your end goal is getting to the cat food I'm sure nothing can stop you. We should have named the dog Arya instead of Summer haha

Ah, when the dog finds she can get out . . . no putting the genie back in the bottle (if I may mix my metaphors :P )!

Thank you for your sympathy, I think of it as a luxury problem. I have people to talk to about my daily stuff, but there are things from the past that just flow over me sometimes and I can't even articulate them. I have a huge problem in sharing and being vulnerable in front someone.
I am glad you do have someone like that. :grouphug:

I wish I could do more to help. You can certainly pm me any time. :grouphug:

well... "people killing people" is what it would come down to. :D But I'll try it. Thanks for the idea. And I agree, GoT is a great title, I need something that is both like and unlike that. Or just unlike that.

How about "Uneasy Sits The Crown" ?

"People Killing People" might be a little ummmm "funny". But "Kin Killer" ?

If you get sick of my clumsy attempts, let me know. These sorts of things niggle at my brain like Rubik's cube (I never could solve that either).

Gabriel Garcia Marquez just passed away today :(

That is sad.

Which country is he from? Wait, 'll google him - Columbia and I was going to guess that.

He was a very interesting read for me.

I think I learned much about a people that could love that style of writing - not that it is bad - but requires a different sort of world view. Ours is simple: conflict => resolution. Marquez's view was simple too: life is.

Welp it's official: my dog can jump Over the baby/dog gate with no trouble at all. Of course when your end goal is getting to the cat food I'm sure nothing can stop you. We should have named the dog Arya instead of Summer haha

No. Summer is the best name. It is known. :D

this is normal procedure for a lot of people, including myself. I really don't have anyone that I tell all my worries and pains to.

I just can't. I don't trust people anymore, and I never expect to bond with anyone. It sounds horrible, I know, but I have tried. I tried opening up. So, if you have someone, be happy for that if nothing else.

Eyron, you are such a beauty in so many ways. Don't give up on humanity, we aren't all horrible :) Being vulnerable is extremely difficult. I haven't mastered it yet. I'm still working on not caring about people's opinions and just doing my thang. I'm almost there. Almost earned my honey badger badge. :D But I don't have anyone to tell my worries or pains to. And I have loads of them. I think an empty marriage is more lonesome than being single ever was. I don't really know what I'm trying to say here, just that you aren't alone and it is pretty normal. And I am as eloquent as a squirrel with stuffed cheeks :(

@Koba: if you can't return the dress get some really beautiful jewelry pieces that will set you apart. And congrats on the weight loss!!!! You beautiful minx you :)

We had a TC sighting :D YaY!

So about our GoT loot. - I have a Lannister mug, half broken baratheon phone case, Targ shirt and fleece throw and a stark shirt. Clearly I have issues picking a house to stand behind. But it's not like they make WW shirts or Bran mugs so.... Yah.

Finances suck. :) But Vikings is on tonight so that makes it all better :p

No. Summer is the best name. It is known. :D

:kiss: My lady Olenna. =o)

But I need to go to bed. It's a quarter past five a.m. over here. Thank God, it's Good Friday - and I'm still on holiday.

:leaving:

See you all later.

That is sad.

Which country is he from? Wait, 'll google him - Columbia and I was going to guess that.

He was a very interesting read for me.

I think I learned much about a people that could love that style of writing - not that it is bad - but requires a different sort of world view. Ours is simple: conflict => resolution. Marquez's view was simple too: life is.

Yes, he was from Colombia... I don't think there are that many emblematic Latin American writers left... Vargas Llosa and Isabel Allende, perhaps? (Off the top of my head).

I've said it before, I'll say it again, THE SPAM IS STRONG! :p

Congratulations, Nero!

I DITTO all the great advice given here to those looking for advice. It would be repetitious for me to add more. :)

I love that hat, Zar!

I congratulate everyone who has lost the weight they wanted to lose, gained the weight they wanted to gain, and got into shape. Cheers!

The snack counter of requirement?

Awesome!

I KNOW!!! I feel like that all the time! That people must think negative things about me. But that's most likely pure paranoia and nothing else... Dunno. Let's check.

*turns to tttne* Do you guys think I don't have a life?

Just kidding.

Oh gods, it is not only me overthinking what people might think ... that makes me happy! :)

As for the apartment, my aunt's family has held the same apartment (she died, her daughter has it now) since I was little. Here in America we change apartments, & houses all the time - there's even a thing called "flipping houses" where you buy a place that needs some tlc (tender loving care - fixing things, brightening, improving) work on it for a month or two, then sell it right away at a profit. Apartments and houses are easy to find in most places in America.

In Europe that's not really true is it? It would be kind of a big deal for you to let go of this apartment wouldn't it? I understand how it can suck to be in a place that doesn't fit you, but are you sure you can find something you will like better?

Nope, it is quite different here. When I was looking for a place to live when I was planning my exchange semester, a large number of people would not rent out their apartment for less than 12 months. Which was obviously no option for me, because I was only planning to stay for one semester.

There are also a lot of people here who build a big house, bigger than they need for themselves and their children, because they hope that at least one of their children would "stay at home", have their partner move in and raise children in the same house. For example, I have a friend who has discussed with her boyfriend that if they ever get married and live together, they would live at his parents'. Of course sometimes the parents end up disappointed in the big house they do not need alone, because all of the children move out and develop their own lifestyles. So I would think that a situation similar to RB's is not totally unique. It is sad though.

HC: That is Denmark from the anime called Hetalia: Axis Powers. All the characters represents a country, so there are lots of comedic events between the characters. However, I dropped it quite early because of the lack of plot :thumbsdown:

Good morning everyone!

It had flaws, but what does that matter when it comes to matters of the heart? We love what we love. Reason does not enter into it. In many ways, unwise love is the truest love. Anyone can love a thing because.That’s as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.

It had flaws, but what does that matter when it comes to matters of the heart? We love what we love. Reason does not enter into it. In many ways, unwise love is the truest love. Anyone can love a thing because.That’s as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.

to know that that cheesecake is going straight to your ass and make you fat, that it's gonna whisper sweet nothings to your taste buds then disappear like it was never there after giving you the faintest yet purest love ... *sigh*

How about "Uneasy Sits The Crown" ?

"People Killing People" might be a little ummmm "funny". But "Kin Killer" ?

If you get sick of my clumsy attempts, let me know. These sorts of things niggle at my brain like Rubik's cube (I never could solve that either).

And I don't think I've ever solved RC either :). PKP wasn't a serious suggestion. Kin Killer would reveal plot details . Uneasy Sits the Crown is not a bad title, but it doesn't feel right.

Good morning spammers!

The birds are very noisy outside right now.

I love that.

It sounds like nature having a spring party to me. Last year at this time it was eerily quiet in the mornings, there were birds around, but they weren't singing. It creeped me right the hell out. I never did find out why the lack of birdsong, but other people noticed it too.

We also have the peepers peeping at night.

If you've never heard peepers - it's an amazing sound. One biologist I heard on the radio described it sounding like sleigh bells at times and he's right. There's a pond in a hollow about a mile from here where they are so loud the neighbors complain about the racket. Which is wild because peepers are tiny - maybe 1cm long.

On this wiki page there's a 30 sec. clip "collective spring peeper calling" that gives you an idea what they sound like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_peeper

**warning: some emoticons "may" have been sacrificed in the making of this multipost**

No. Summer is the best name. It is known.

Eyron, you are such a beauty in so many ways. Don't give up on humanity, we aren't all horrible Being vulnerable is extremely difficult. I haven't mastered it yet. I'm still working on not caring about people's opinions and just doing my thang. I'm almost there. Almost earned my honey badger badge. But I don't have anyone to tell my worries or pains to. And I have loads of them. I think an empty marriage is more lonesome than being single ever was. I don't really know what I'm trying to say here, just that you aren't alone and it is pretty normal. And I am as eloquent as a squirrel with stuffed cheeks

@Koba: if you can't return the dress get some really beautiful jewelry pieces that will set you apart. And congrats on the weight loss!!!! You beautiful minx you

We had a TC sighting YaY!

So about our GoT loot. - I have a Lannister mug, half broken baratheon phone case, Targ shirt and fleece throw and a stark shirt. Clearly I have issues picking a house to stand behind. But it's not like they make WW shirts or Bran mugs so.... Yah.

Finances suck. But Vikings is on tonight so that makes it all better

:agree: I liked what you said to Eyra

& agree with everything except the part about you being as eloquent as a squirrel with stuffed cheeks. THAT'S NOT TRUE! but it is a very funny image **snicker**

Yes, he was from Colombia... I don't think there are that many emblematic Latin American writers left... Vargas Llosa and Isabel Allende, perhaps? (Off the top of my head).

My brother and I were in Chilean Patagonia (Torres del Paine) in Feb 2012 and the poetry of Pablo Neruda was everywhere - in all kinds of little shops. I have heard Isabel Allende on radio talking about her books many times, but have not as yet read any.

Here in my little state of Vermont we have been home to several iconic writers: Robert Frost, Alexander Solzhenitsyn, and Rudyard Kipling as well as many just below that level such as Robert Penn Warren.

Oh, I forgot.

These are what I call a Danish!

I'll take a dozen!!

thx . . .

Oh gods, it is not only me overthinking what people might think ... that makes me happy!

Nope, it is quite different here. When I was looking for a place to live when I was planning my exchange semester, a large number of people would not rent out their apartment for less than 12 months. Which was obviously no option for me, because I was only planning to stay for one semester.

There are also a lot of people here who build a big house, bigger than they need for themselves and their children, because they hope that at least one of their children would "stay at home", have their partner move in and raise children in the same house. For example, I have a friend who has discussed with her boyfriend that if they ever get married and live together, they would live at his parents'. Of course sometimes the parents end up disappointed in the big house they do not need alone, because all of the children move out and develop their own lifestyles. So I would think that a situation similar to RB's is not totally unique. It is sad though.

Interesting.

So you start out by saying "nope", but it sounds like you agree that RB might have a tough time finding something as nice as what she already has?

And I don't think I've ever solved RC either PKP wasn't a serious suggestion. Kin Killer would reveal plot details . Uneasy Sits the Crown is not a bad title, but it doesn't feel right.

Oh I know you were kidding and it was funny too. :)

I hear a lot of book and screen writer interviews on the radio and they all say having a good title at the start helps focus your writing. It sounds hard to believe. But get the right title and your book will be better for it. (so no pressure. :D )

@Nero

Sorry I forgot to quote you.

Meant to say thanks about the av explanation. I like knowing.

Oh I know you were kidding and it was funny too. :)

I hear a lot of book and screen writer interviews on the radio and they all say having a good title at the start helps focus your writing. It sounds hard to believe. But get the right title and your book will be better for it. (so no pressure. :D )

No pressure at all :D I think The Dethroned would work as a title, and I'll keep it until something better comes along.

No pressure at all :D I think The Dethroned would work as a title, and I'll keep it until something better comes along.

So I just did in my head what I was suggesting you do and here's what I came up with: Fit To Rule.

The Dethroned feels off just a bit to me, based on your synopsis.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Archived