Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

I was just about to post the link to that gifset sati posted, it's wonderful!

Liam Cunningham is such a fangirl for Stephen as Stannis, it's adorable:

Hopefully there'll be more Team Dragonstone love-ins post S4 when they're dissecting the episodes. Stephen will never give interviews, so we're relying on Carice and Mel to fly the flag. :grouphug:

Nobody will ever be as popular as Tyrion, anybody wishing differently are deluding themselves (not that you're one of them obviously)

I usually watch the show with 8 friends, only two of us have read the books, only I've read them more than once.

In their minds it goes

Tyrion

Dany

Arya

every time.

That's pretty much the standard 'favorite character' list you'll find in any internet poll. I think, being a book reader, I have a different opinion of them because of what happens in the later books. Tyrion and Dany diminish in the later books and I feel less compelled by their stories, while Jon and Arya's stories get much, much better and exciting. I will be interested to see if the same thing happens in the show. Admittedly, I didn't like Jon much in the first book, but I loved him in the third book and read through ADwD purely for his POVs. Dany was pretty much the opposite, and Tyrion's story took a nosedive after ASoS.

I was just about to post the link to that gifset sati posted, it's wonderful!

Liam Cunningham is such a fangirl for Stephen as Stannis, it's adorable:

Hopefully there'll be more Team Dragonstone love-ins post S4 when they're dissecting the episodes. Stephen will never give interviews, so we're relying on Carice and Mel to fly the flag. :grouphug:

I'm honestly starting to believe he just lives in a lighthouse and randomly shows up to give one interview or comment on that Guardian site :lol: Does he have some sort of no interviews rule? I'd love to hear his views on his scenes in the show.

The Biggest Fire The North Has Ever Seen, Seneti

Ah, thanks. Now the posts make sense :lol:

Let's try and go into this one without prejudice. Like Blackwater this will be a cinematic experience where you sit down and you get one story rather than bits of many stories. IT WILL BE GOOD. This needs to be stressed, I think. I just rewatched Blackwater and I'm hyped as fuck. I hope that we approach it with gleeful anticipation rather than pre-emptive quibbling.

Oh, my sweet summer child... Not on this forum.

^ Your guy, in a private moment of contemplation.

http://imgur.com/NOcQAsg

:lmao: Glorious! Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbwroS0YP54

I'm honestly starting to believe he just lives in a lighthouse and randomly shows up to give one interview or comment on that Guardian site :lol: Does he have some sort of no interviews rule? I'd love to hear his views on his scenes in the show.

He said he doesn't like giving interviews in general and would rather leave "that sort of thing" to other people so I'm thinking he might manage to get out of doing them for GoT some way. The only time I've seen him actively doing promo work was for The Tunnel. But he's the lead actor in that so I reckon he has nowhere to hide and promo work is just part of the deal. There are so many actors involved in GoT that he doesn't need to do interviews. Much as it makes us grind our teeth in frustration! He did say a few things earlier in the year when he was being interviewed for the Tunnel DVDs but nothing specific, just how he hasn't read the books and working in GoT is very different to anything he's ever been involved in due to the scale.

He said he doesn't like giving interviews in general and would rather leave "that sort of thing" to other people so I'm thinking he might manage to get out of doing them for GoT some way. The only time I've seen him actively doing promo work was for The Tunnel. But he's the lead actor in that so I reckon he has nowhere to hide and promo work is just part of the deal. There are so many actors involved in GoT that he doesn't need to do interviews. Much as it makes us grind our teeth in frustration! He did say a few things earlier in the year when he was being interviewed for the Tunnel DVDs but nothing specific, just how he hasn't read the books and working in GoT is very different to anything he's ever been involved in due to the scale.

Yeah I saw him promoting The Tunnel :) It was also cute when the journalist told him fans call Stannis 'Stannis the Mannis':P

There is no doubt that book Mance could defeat the majority of Lords and Nights in Westeros but Stannis in Blackwater went in all guns blazing as of Robert lead the charge.

No helmet, no shield, first on the beach, first to the wall, first up the ladder and then proceeded to make mince meat out of Lannisters until he was dragged away by his bannermen.

There are so many ways they could do the final scene but I hope he's portrayed similar to Blackwater.

Finn Jones said over twitter or something that he wasn't high at that premiere but he fully was.

As for whether Stannis will be portrayed as badass as in Blackwater, the proof to me is evidenced by the episode's director. It was Neil Marshall's idea after for Stan to be a front line commander, where he just yelled out orders from the back of the troops in Martin's script. (As GrrM says on his Blackwater commentary).

^And to think that he presumed himself capable enough "to put a sword through [stan's] righteous face." Yeah right Loras, stick to being amusing at premieres and leave the swords-through-faces business to Stan.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c5a3d97e47d772f9264699a6be02258f/tumblr_n3ql9i02Kv1r6qguso4_250.gif + https://24.media.tumblr.com/1da8cde41a353396246d5d23649be2c7/tumblr_n6gr9c5j661qgfbkmo2_250.gif

Archived