Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the entire episode based on whether or not they include a chant. I mean, it's Neil Marshall doing another battle but this time with way more time to plan ahead before filming (for Blackwater he only had a few weeks!) The episode is going to be good no matter what they cut and include. They put aside a good deal of time to shoot this one specifically and put tons of love and money into it. Besides, we know Stan will arrive and show up and his badassery will likely cap the episode. They may well include the chant and if it plays onscreen I hope they do. If they cut it however, it's still Stan's victory and chant or no, he'll look awesome for winning it. Would you really be mad about a bunch of troops yelling a guy's name when you could actually see that guy in person on horseback taking names instead? That seems like a stretch.

Let's try and go into this one without prejudice. Like Blackwater this will be a cinematic experience where you sit down and you get one story rather than bits of many stories. IT WILL BE GOOD. This needs to be stressed, I think. I just rewatched Blackwater and I'm hyped as fuck. I hope that we approach it with gleeful anticipation rather than pre-emptive quibbling.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the entire episode based on whether or not they include a chant. I mean, it's Neil Marshall doing another battle but this time with way more time to plan ahead before filming (for Blackwater he only had a few weeks!) The episode is going to be good no matter what they cut and include. They put aside a good deal of time to shoot this one specifically and put tons of love and money into it. Besides, we know Stan will arrive and show up and his badassery will likely cap the episode. They may well include the chant and if it plays onscreen I hope they do. If they cut it however, it's still Stan's victory and chant or no, he'll look awesome for winning it. Would you really be mad about a bunch of troops yelling a guy's name when you could actually see that guy in person on horseback taking names instead? That seems like a stretch.

Let's try and go into this one without prejudice. Like Blackwater this will be a cinematic experience where you sit down and you get one story rather than bits of many stories. IT WILL BE GOOD. This needs to be stressed, I think. I just rewatched Blackwater and I'm hyped as fuck. I hope that we approach it with gleeful anticipation rather than pre-emptive quibbling.

In any other scenario I'd agree with these sentiments... but when it comes to Stannis, no. They need to include the chant, period. They have downgraded Stannis enough. Time to let the man have his shine.

I hope Thorne kicks some major ass. Really love that actor.

Me, too. He's actually made me like Thorne, despite his asshole treatment of Jon. I think he's a much more rounded character in the show than in the books, tbh. I hope he goes out in an awesome fashion.

I have been waiting for that goddamn scene so long but I'll be OK with them cutting the chant. That little snippet of the track is amazing and I'm almost sure they will use it in the ending - they always go with original tracks for big moments. I'm also almost sure in the last second or 2 Stannis shows up in the frame (1:46 of soundtrack preview) and that's the end of the ep.

I love the chant but the reason I love it is that it conveys the importance of the event and gives him the credit - it's Stannis who rescued them, rescued the North from the wildlings, rescued the Wall. He is the only one who cared. And no matter what, he came to help.

Beautiful, hopeful sounding music building up and building up and showing him at the very end does just as much as chant. I dare to say - does more.

Hopefully it ends there and not Jon's puppy face gasping :)

Archived