Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

I know, but actually, tbh, I've always thought Show!Stannis would look even younger than Book!Stannis.

Stannis in the books is 34/35, but almost bold, his skin looks like leather, he's gaunt and later in the books his head reminds on a skull, he looks very unhealthy (especially after the shadow babies) and 10 years older than he actually is.

Stannis in the show is Stephen Dillane, who's 57, but well, what should I say: He's Stephen Dillane :D (who looks, Imo, younger than he actually is).

Stephen Dillane is God so I don't think age matters in any way :) The normal standards just don't apply to him.

Personally, I hope that this Episode is not too much of a Blackwater mirroring. When Tywin made his Deus Ex Machina entrance, I personally didn't even understand who was coming and which side they were on. Then all of a sudden, the Lannisters has won.

I would like to see an earlier Stannis entrance, with a prolonged sequence where we really see who is coming and their fight to victory. Then of course topped with some badass Stannis quotes about pantries and pudding :).

Agree with this.Also the Wildlings have been painted badly this season.Repairing that is probably a job for next season but hopefully they can start the process in this episode.Hope there's some Mance dialogue too.

Lol what? they really are a bunch of raiding, murdering, raping scumbags. That's what's in the books. In previous seasons they were painted way to nice in my opinion.

Lol what? they really are a bunch of raiding, murdering, raping scumbags. That's what's in the books. In previous seasons they were painted way to nice in my opinion.

^This.But I did like they reminded us Ygritte has good heart, sometimes, last week.

I always assumed he was one of the fan favourites!?

I mean he's certainly not one of mine (I don't dislike him at all just don't really care about him) but I usually like unpopular characters so I'm never able to guage these things properly.

He is, but he's not nearly as popular as Tyrion is...whose life just happens to be hanging in the balance while we have an entire episode devoted to Jon Snow and the Wall. Now, I think the Wall deserves an entire episode, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the show-only fans upset that they have to wait until the finale next week to see what happens to Tyrion.

I know, but actually, tbh, I've always thought Show!Stannis would look even younger than Book!Stannis.

Stannis in the books is 34/35, but almost bald, his skin looks like leather, he's gaunt and later in the books his head reminds on a skull, he looks very unhealthy (especially after the shadow babies) and 10 years older than he actually is.

Stannis in the show is Stephen Dillane, who's 57, but well, what should I say: He's Stephen Dillane :D (who looks, Imo, younger than he actually is).

Yeah I've always thought Stephen could pass for mid to late 40s as Stannis, particularly in S2. I think having his hair dyed in S2 was deliberate because they knew they'd want him to look very aged in S3 after the shadow babies etc. I can buy that Show!Stannis is younger than Davos too, even though Dillane is older than Liam Cunningham.

Stephen Dillane is God so I don't think age matters in any way :) The normal standards just don't apply to him.

:agree: completely!

I just remember that the cook Hobb grilled one mammoth after the battle, I hope they do it on the show, too. I'd like to see Stan smelling at mammoth meat and making that "The meat's off" grimace as in 4x02 XD

Yeah I've always thought Stephen could pass for mid to late 40s as Stannis, particularly in S2. I think having his hair dyed in S2 was deliberate because they knew they'd want him to look very aged in S3 after the shadow babies etc. I can buy that Show!Stannis is younger than Davos too, even though Dillane is older than Liam Cunningham.

They did what in s2?! I never knew this. I suppose it's even more disturbing I find him so much hotter in s3 and s4.

They did what in s2?! I never knew this. I suppose it's even more disturbing I find him so much hotter in s3 and s4.

I don't know what it is but stannis honestly looks physically different from scene to scene for me. I have thought so from the beginning. Maybe because it's always dark in his scenes, I don't know

Well he was grey haired prior to S2 and had dark hair during S2 and went back to grey hair off screen.

Actually he won a whole new army of perverts admirers when he made his appearance looking all grey haired and scruffy and haggard looking in 3.01

Great casting is one of Thrones huge strengths and Dillane is definitely one of the best. First season I saw him in I really complained about the actor. I didn't know that the character actually was supposed to be such a charmless, rigid bore.

Stannis' greatest dialogues are still in ahead of us, as Lord Commander Snow will be the first person to actually be his equal in stature.

Well he was grey haired prior to S2 and had dark hair during S2 and went back to grey hair off screen.

Actually he won a whole new army of perverts admirers when he made his appearance looking all grey haired and scruffy and haggard looking in 3.01

I saw notes under the gifsets from 3x01, he sure did :)

Plenty are but no more so than in the rest of this feudal world.That's in the books too,especially post ASOS.

Yep, I see it as you! Whereas Book!Stannis looks 10 years older than he is, looks Stephen 10 years younger than he is (and yes, also Imo, younger than Liam. The beard makes him older, but it's a wonderful Davos-beard :) ).

And the darker hair in S2 fits also to Robert's and Renly's, I guess they also wanted to make the typical Baratheon-appearance more visible.

I don't know what it is but stannis honestly looks physically different from scene to scene for me. I have thought so from the beginning. Maybe because it's always dark in his scenes, I don't know

Yes! I've always been fascinated by this. He looks particularly different in the parley scene in 2.04 to any other scene IMO

It's not just related to GoT though and others involved in the production have commented on it!

He is, but he's not nearly as popular as Tyrion is...whose life just happens to be hanging in the balance while we have an entire episode devoted to Jon Snow and the Wall. Now, I think the Wall deserves an entire episode, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the show-only fans upset that they have to wait until the finale next week to see what happens to Tyrion.

Nobody will ever be as popular as Tyrion, anybody wishing differently are deluding themselves (not that you're one of them obviously)

I usually watch the show with 8 friends, only two of us have read the books, only I've read them more than once.

In their minds it goes

Tyrion

Dany

Arya

every time.

Yes! I've always been fascinated by this. He looks particularly different in the parley scene in 2.04 to any other scene IMO

It's not just related to GoT though and others involved in the production have commented on it!

The lovefest for Stephen is my fav thing in those commentaries :)

Also the things Lena says about herself - she is so mean when talking about her looks :lol: 'That's horseface' :lmao:

Archived